Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Anti-aging drug can clear out 'zombie' cells

7 posts in this topic

RabidMongoose
20 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

Promising trials in mice have opened up the possibility of improving health and extending life in humans.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/324715/anti-aging-drug-can-clear-out-zombie-cells

That is a few years old now but its also known that quercetin stops senescent cells (and only them) producing heat shock proteins. So, those age old myths of a fountain of youth may not be fake (although how to reproduce the affect wouldnt have been known at the time).

Two days without animal protein in your diet (as that binds with quercetin removing most of it from your digestion tract) and on the second day eat plenty of red onions (and other plant foods high in quercetin) then have a red hot bath before you go to bed. Overnight those senescent cells of yours with heat damage to their proteins arent going to be able to repair themselves as the quercetin will block the production of heat shock proteins.

So they suicide instead.

• Like 1

moonman
1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

That is a few years old now but its also known that quercetin stops senescent cells (and only them) producing heat shock proteins. So, those age old myths of a fountain of youth may not be fake (although how to reproduce the affect wouldnt have been known at the time).

Two days without animal protein in your diet (as that binds with quercetin removing most of it from your digestion tract) and on the second day eat plenty of red onions (and other plant foods high in quercetin) then have a red hot bath before you go to bed. Overnight those senescent cells of yours with heat damage to their proteins arent going to be able to repair themselves as the quercetin will block the production of heat shock proteins.

So they suicide instead.

Sounds interesting, but also sounds like woo medicine. Easy enough to try once or twice though.

AllPossible

Wow very interesting. I definitely need this cocktail. I wake up, stretch and something goes wrong everytime mid stretch. Even a bad phone call which is insane, people must call me during my rise and shine moment on purpose

• Like 1

MySummerJob

Wonder what ill effect might possibly arise in the future? Surely unnatural chemicals like that would have to have some unhealthy side effects that the scientists aren't aware of right now.

That being said, I wonder if there aren't possibly some natural remedies we don't know about? 

13 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

then have a red hot bath

By this, you mean hot enough that your skin turns red from the heat?

Just double checking here.

jmccr8

I'd like to know what the mice thought about it, any discomfort, dizziness, how are you feeling now kinda stuff.
jmccr8

RabidMongoose
4 hours ago, MySummerJob said:

Wonder what ill effect might possibly arise in the future? Surely unnatural chemicals like that would have to have some unhealthy side effects that the scientists aren't aware of right now.

That being said, I wonder if there aren't possibly some natural remedies we don't know about? 

By this, you mean hot enough that your skin turns red from the heat?

Just double checking here.

You dont need to risk scolding yourself as human production of heat shock proteins starts at 41C-42C. The hotter you are the greater their production though. I think if you have gone bright red you are going a little too far.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/biochemistry-genetics-and-molecular-biology/heat-shock-proteins 

If worried you can do icy cold showers in winter instead as they produce cold shock proteins which work in the same way. What is crucial is getting that quercetin into your blood stream before doing either. Because it binds with animal protein you need to starve yourself of meat and dairy for a day beforehand.