Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amazon CEO Could Lose Half in Divorce

Dark_Grey

Jeff Bezos, Amazon boss and world's richest man, to divorce after 25 years of marriage

MW-EC295-bezos-20151231123824-ZH.jpg

ibtimes link
NYTimes link

The Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and the novelist MacKenzie Bezos announced on Twitter Wednesday that they are getting divorced after 25 years of marriage.

In a statement posted on Mr. Bezos’s Twitter account, the couple said they had been separated for a long period of time, but planned to remain involved as “parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects.” According to a 1999 profile in Wired, the two met when they both worked at D.E. Shaw, a New York-based hedge fund, before moving in 1994 to Seattle, where Amazon is headquartered. They have four children.

So how much will Mackenzie walk away with?

MacKenzie stands to receive a sizable settlement and support from Jeff Bezos as his wealth has been estimated at $137 billion, CNBC reported. Washington state is a community property state, meaning that wealth accrued during the marriage would be split equally between the two parties.

Jeff Bezos founded Amazon one year after marrying MacKenzie, which may make her entitled to half his fortune. She could receive as much as $66 billion based on Amazon’s value to date.

Based on the value of the anticipated settlement, Bezos may be obligated to sell or pledge shares that could dilute his ownership and management of the e-commerce giant. He owns just under 80 million shares of the company, just under 16 percent, according to regulatory filings.

Could a pre-nup have overridden the State's "community property" law? 

• Haha 2

I wish I was married to him then divorced him... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

why not wish to be a successful business man like him??? why wish to be someone's wife????? 

Because I am too dumb to be successful and it looks like too much hard work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thats the law and for her, thats fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, freetoroam said:

Thats the law and for her, thats fair.

Absolutely agree, 

• Like 3

Well, she did give him encouragement and 4 kids.. That has to be worth $66 billion, right?

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, aztek said:

why not wish to be a successful business man like him??? why wish to be someone's wife????? 

I could give you my top ten reasons why I wouldn't want to be someone's wife, but.. they're all the same reason ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Jeff Bezos, Amazon boss and world's richest man, to divorce after 25 years of marriage

MW-EC295-bezos-20151231123824-ZH.jpg

ibtimes link
NYTimes link

So how much will Mackenzie walk away with?

Could a pre-nup have overridden the State's "community property" law? 

Most people don't make pre-nups a year before they create the company that makes them billionaires. 

• Like 1

I had the radio on in the car today... and when during a programme the presenter said -

There's some sad news coming in I thought ... oh dear what's happened - then he said about Bezos 
getting divorced and I was... is that it ? 
Like we're all supposed to feel sad about it -  :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

does he himself think it sad news? maybe he is happy, he is dating new girl now,  yea he'll lose 66B, but i bet he'll make it back in several years.  if i was him, i'd be happy, it's a fresh start

15 minutes ago, aztek said:

does he himself think it sad news? maybe he is happy, he is dating new girl now,  yea he'll lose 66B, but i bet he'll make it back in several years.  if i was him, i'd be happy, it's a fresh start

Pictures of him cheating on his wife have surfaced. Otherwise yeah, he does seem optimistic. After all, when he wakes up tomorrow he will still be the CEO of AMAZON

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Most people don't make pre-nups a year before they create the company that makes them billionaires. 

Of course. But had he done a pre-nup in the beginning, would it save his fortune now?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

when you're rich, very rich.... how would you ever know if someone truly loved you or just loved
your money and the life style on offer..... perhaps the new girl is rich as well though... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Pictures of him cheating on his wife have surfaced. Otherwise yeah, he does seem optimistic. After all, when he wakes up tomorrow he will still be the CEO of AMAZON

Apparently the husband of the woman he was cheating with was taken by surprise. 

well i wish them luck, all 4 of them, both couples are divorcing, and were separated before the affair, as per tmz. so no broken hearts and hard feeling there.

Jeff Bezos was having a relationship with former "So You Think You Can Dance" host Lauren Sanchez, and according to the National Enquirer, that's what ended his marriage.

Sources closely connected with Lauren and her estranged husband, William Morris Endeavor mega-agent Patrick Whitesell, tell TMZ Lauren was indeed "seeing" Bezos in the later part of 2018. The sources add Sanchez and Whitesell separated last summer and are in the process of divorcing, and her relationship with Bezos did not begin until after her separation.

Same goes for Bezos. We're told he and MacKenzie were also separated when he and Lauren started hooking up. 

• Like 1

Jeff always has that strange look in his eyes in photos.  I don't quite understand what it is. :unsure2:

5 hours ago, little_dreamer said:

Jeff always has that strange look in his eyes in photos.  I don't quite understand what it is. :unsure2:

well .... now far be it from me to cast aspersions .... come closer I want to whisper something in your ear...

I have heard it said that some of these super rich men - including the CEOs of social media giants and
search engines - micro dose on drugs like DMT and LSD (etc)...  that could explain the strange look in
his eyes....

they probably become so bored once they have reached the levels of power and riches that they do that
they need something more to get their kicks...... like illicit sex and trying to access other dimensions...

:w00t:

11 hours ago, aztek said:

Jeff Bezos was having a relationship with former "So You Think You Can Dance" host Lauren Sanchez, and according to the National Enquirer, that's what ended his marriage.

just looked at your Lauren Sanchez link and from the 2016 photo it looks like they will make the perfect 
evil couple - 

yeah she will definitely screw him over in more ways than one... she's probably planning on moving in
with him then getting him to fatally overdose.... then inherit a few billion....

then there will be vicious battles for his money between her and his children for decades to come...

disclaimer.... PURE  speculation....^_^