Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

show me your best picture

the13bats

HEY ! 

I heard that.

Well as far as critters go.... jjust kidding, heard that once from this old woman that came down from the mountains... she was always saying to everyone!!!!  good looking critter hahahahaha a bit tooooo long in the tooth and too long in a cabin is my take, alright laterzzz.

re:

If i may interrupt mwoo7 scamming on you for a sec, :lol:

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

If i may interrupt mwoo7 scamming on you for a sec, :lol:

I was actually trying to re-rail. My former C.O was a bit tipsy.

The Bigfoot sightings got heavy in the Pine Barrens after several Safari Parks closed, so a "escaped ape" theory makes a lot of sense.  

2 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

I would start a "show me your best body" thread, but somehow I don't think that would be as successful.

1996 F-150 XLT with the Rally package. 2 engines, 3 ************, 4 front hubs, 5 driveshafts, 1 whole cooling system, 1 whole ignition system and she's losing her floor now. :yes:

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is one of my favorite "cryptid" photos, because whenever someone posts it as a legitimate "sea serpent" you can tell they have no idea what they're talking about.

5c3811e9dd29f_SantaCruzseamonster.jpg.95b8bbe2c5de718379d2f02ad33fbe78.jpg

This is the Santa Cruz/Moore's Beach monster from 1925, which is actually a Baird's beaked whale carcass that has been scientifically published (Davidson, 1929). The skull is still in the collections of the California Academy of Sciences.

https://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2008/07/12/moores-beach-monster-skull

http://researcharchive.calacademy.org/research/bmammals/MamColl/index.asp?xAction=getrec&CollectionObjectID=152017

5c3810c45c485_i-fcfd2edbbdeee3f647c52ca56d01793f-MooresBeachBerardius_bairdii_side.jpg.2f4990ce894ec6fcc22023790830e731.jpg

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

1996 F-150 XLT with the Rally package. 2 engines, 3 ************, 4 front hubs, 5 driveshafts, 1 whole cooling system, 1 whole ignition system and she's losing her floor now. :yes:

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Got a Bigfoot in the back? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Carnoferox said:

Got a Bigfoot in the back? :lol:

Probably under something. :yes: 

If this isn't a Injun Rez Rocket I don't know what is. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not a picture but heres a story, ,

Mom said she saw a young bf.

I was born in 64 Mom and dad divorced in around 67 and mom and gmom raised me and mom told me she saw a young bigfoot, it was late 50s early 60s mom wasnt into that type stuff, but they were fishing in a small boat on indian river,

She said they came around a small bend and up in a dead looking tree was what she thought at first was a bear, my dad throttled the boat a little and the creature startled looked at them made a odd sound and fell, jumped out of the tree into the thick growth and ran off.

So i asked my dad about it, he said oh yeah, that was before you were born and i had forgot it, i gave none of moms details to see what he said,

He said well, we thought it was a bear but i knew right off thats not a bear, i asked him you thought bigfoot?

He laughed and said he never heard of bf until the 70s and the man in a suit movie and no, it was obviously a chimp in the tree, i asked you sure and he said oh yeah, it grinned at us and i got a real good look at it, just like a chimp in a zoo.

I told him mom called it a young bf, again he kind of laughed and said he remembers at the time he couldnt even convince her it was a chimp she was sold it was a bear,

So i asked her why she thought it was a bf and not a chimp and she said we dont have chimps in fl....:blink:

Piney,

You got me thinking an ape likely wouldnt last long up there, but long enough for sightings and then dies and in that case scavengers do eat the remains....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

You got me thinking an ape likely wouldnt last long up there, but long enough for sightings and then dies and in that case scavengers do eat the remains....

Winters upcountry are brutal and the swamps are always 10 degrees colder. The water gets 5 to 8 ft. deeper and even in the summer it averages 50 degrees F. One section of the wading river is a few inches in the summer to 8 ft. in the winter and it's even hard to find a deer carcass unless you find a poacher's butchering spot. 

One report I received from a hunter was that a Bigfoot was throwing sticks at them from across a river and I think that is a chimp trait although at the time I thought it was one of the escaped baboons. The hunter saw it during "false dawn" about 4 am when he was placing a stand so he really didn't have details of what it looked like. Just that it was "reddish". . 

Another detail. The swamps are "quaking bogs" the trees are growing on top of a mat of sphagnum moss and if you don't look out for "potholes" and know where they are you could literally disapppear. 

The coyotes are actually coy-wolves and bobcats jump some big deer. The black bears also resort to deer in the winter because the lack of berries and there is no real root plants and not a lot of mast trees.

I think your on to something there. Never thought about that actually. :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Piney said:

I spent 35 years beating through the Pine Barrens and I got nothing. A matter of fact every report I followed up was horse apples. 

Did find cougar tracks in Chatsworth though.

5a30614b16285_CAT_TRACK_3(1).JPG.82f0fef435174855307b4840e170bfb3 (1).JPG

What size shoes does the tanned cougar wear?

1 minute ago, Pettytalk said:

What size shoes does the tanned cougar wear?

8 1/2 EEE. American, 9 W British. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

About 5' 8 3/4'" tall, give or take an inch, without the horse!

14 hours ago, OverSword said:

No corpse, no proof.  But it does say that people from zoos that work with both bears and primates say that the photos are definitely not bears.

I am unable to see some of the photos from my present location. This is the bent over bear photo right?

Loren Coleman has called this a bear if it is the photo I think it is.

https://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/jacobs-bear/

The state of PA says it is a bear caught in a pose common for baited cameras.

http://tnparadise.blogspot.com/2007/11/here-we-go-again-bigfoot-photos-from-nw.html

More analyses siding with bear.

http://bizarrezoology.blogspot.com/2013/04/analysis-of-jacobs-photos-by-jarrett.html

I could not find anyone saying definitely not a bear, which makes me wonder if I am incorrectly guessing about the photo in question.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's a bit smaller than me but I can lend him some Puma's as I mainly wear Adidas. Let me know if he's interested. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pettytalk said:

About 5' 8 3/4'" tall, give or take an inch, without the horse!

:yes: 

The horse is only 14.2. Just above a pony.

2 minutes ago, Stiff said:

That's a bit smaller than me but I can lend him some Puma's as I mainly wear Adidas. Let me know if he's interested. :)

Superstars! They are my "dress shoes" at the Uni. :tu:

• Like 2

Evil fall version of destroying angel on left, and 2 good edibles on the right. Knowing the difference is crucial.

2 Reduced IMG_1030.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Piney said:

:yes: 

The horse is only 14.2. Just above a pony.

That's still a head above my jackass.

3 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

That's still a head above my jackass.

The jackasses (mules),who were mostly jennies that some of the old outriders used for hunting at my stepmother's ranch averaged 15-16 but they were created from Colorado Ranger and Missouri Fox Trotter horses because a "single foot" is the most comfortable gait. My grandfather's coon hunting jenny was 15.2. It wouldn't cross a bridge if you shot it in the butt. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Evil fall version of destroying angel on left, and 2 good edibles on the right. Knowing the difference is crucial.

The only thing I mucked with is morels. But because of the celiacs, I get butt itch when I eat them now. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

The jackasses (mules),who were mostly jennies that some of the old outriders used for hunting at my stepmother's ranch averaged 15-16 but they were created from Colorado Ranger and Missouri Fox Trotter horses because a "single foot" is the most comfortable gait. My grandfather's coon hunting jenny was 15.2. It wouldn't cross a bridge if you shot it in the butt. 

My jackass, or rather, my uncle's, since he let's me ride it, won't budge with two riders on him.

• Haha 2

Just now, Piney said:

The only thing I mucked with is morels. But because of the celiacs, I get butt itch when I eat them now. 

Try the one on the left, it's a cure-all, and I guarantee you won't itch an inch.

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

But if you truly have itch issues from that end too, try slippery jacks, they sooth on the way out.

IMG_0909.JPG

11 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Try the one on the left, it's a cure-all, and I guarantee you won't itch an inch.

Around here there isn't much in edibles except morels and some edible shelf fungi. The one that resembles a edible, (actually a European one whose name escapes me) was notorious for poisoning the Russian Jewish settlers in Norma and the Cossack settlers in New Kuban.  

Edited by Piney

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Around here there isn't much in edibles except morels and some edible shelf fungi. The one that resembles a edible, (actually a European one whose name escapes me) was notorious for poisoning the Russian Jewish settlers in Norma and the Cossack settlers in New Kuban.  

What kind of poisoning? Fatal, or just light, non fatal  gastrointestinal symptoms? Describe the critters' macro characteristics, I may guess.