Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

show me your best picture

the13bats

3 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

What kind of poisoning? Fatal, or just light, non fatal  gastrointestinal symptoms? Describe the critters' macro characteristics, I may guess.

Many times fatal. It's white and resembles a puffball then opens up to a really large 10 to 12 inch cap. No gills. I had a picture I took of one on the log cart tracks at my friends sawmill but it's probably on my other laptop. 

4 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I may not have lot's of friends, but I do horde mushrooms.

I use to provide the oak sawdust for a couple of Shiitake growers at the Seabrook Buddhist Temple and they bring them around for my sister but I'm not much of a fungus guy. 

My sister on the other hand would enjoy talking to you. It's one the the things she hunts, identifies and photographs with her biology students. 

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Many times fatal. It's white and resembles a puffball then opens up to a really large 10 to 12 inch cap. No gills. I had a picture I took of one on the log cart tracks at my friends sawmill but it's probably on my other laptop. 

That's interesting, has a cap but no gills? No tubes either, as there are no deadly boletes. Strange mushroom.

2 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

That's interesting, has a cap but no gills? No tubes either, as there are no deadly boletes. Strange mushroom.

I'll find it. I'm in the library now digging through shroom books. :yes:

We also have Devil's snuff box around here and when I was a Tribal Security Officer one was reported to me as  "skull laying on a trail" . :lol:

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

I use to provide the oak sawdust for a couple of Shiitake growers at the Seabrook Buddhist Temple and they bring them around for my sister but I'm not much of a fungus guy. 

My sister on the other hand would enjoy talking to you. It's one the the things she hunts, identifies and photographs with her biology students. 

Does she ride wacky Atlantologists too? Mushrooms are just a pastime, whereas Atlantis is my passion and road to glory. 

1 minute ago, Pettytalk said:

Does she ride wacky Atlantologists too? Mushrooms are just a pastime, whereas Atlantis is my passion and road to glory. 

She's 76 and left her husband in the Netherlands where his abusive butt belongs. She will be riding a scooter in the grocery store sooner rather than later though. :lol:

Stereo, you got the right pix, yeah, those i recall and im good with saying its bear but to me the legs still seem long, so there goes how it can get misidentified very easily.

This was what i was preseting to piney, apes and monkeys are turned loose or escape no debate there so if this happens somewhere like florida they could live years but a place like piney describes no, perhaps one season if that, but that is perfect to get a few sightening, people normally think things are bigger and like with his hunters stick throwing and orange encounter screams orangutan to me but people dont think ape they think bigfoot.

Piney said he investigated lots of bf jd sightings all came up null and im saying not all but some could have been apes thar were turned loose or escaped not a thriving population.

I like this possibility better than 100% of people are lying.

Pettytalk,

A mushroom expert?

Several years back we were hitting the beach a lot with metal detectors and would sometimes miss a damp wet towel in the laundry room and find it weeks latter with an odd alien looking fungus all growing in it, looked kind of like spaghetti or bean sprouts, that type color, slimey,

It did have tiny odd caps, never did figure out what type they were, ill see if i can find the pix.

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

She's 76 and left her husband in the Netherlands where his abusive butt belongs. She will be riding a scooter in the grocery store sooner rather than later though. :lol:

That's the point, she won't be riding me on Atlantis the way you do, to be blunt, and without spurs intended.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Stereo, you got the right pix, yeah, those i recall and im good with saying its bear but to me the legs still seem long, so there goes how it can get misidentified very easily.

This was what i was preseting to piney, apes and monkeys are turned loose or escape no debate there so if this happens somewhere like florida they could live years but a place like piney describes no, perhaps one season if that, but that is perfect to get a few sightening, people normally think things are bigger and like with his hunters stick throwing and orange encounter screams orangutan to me but people dont think ape they think bigfoot.

Piney said he investigated lots of bf jd sightings all came up null and im saying not all but some could have been apes thar were turned loose or escaped not a thriving population.

Pettytalk,

A mushroom expert?

Several years back we were hitting the beach a lot with metal detectors and would sometimes miss a damp wet towel in the laundry room and find it weeks latter with an odd alien looking fungus all growing in it, looked kind of like spaghetti or bean sprouts, that type color, slimey,

It did have tiny odd caps, never did figure out what type they were, ill see if i can find the pix.

Sorry, I'm not a laureate mycologist, just a self-taught amateur mycophagist, and slimy molds don't appeal to my appetite.

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I never thought all people were lying. I did have mis-identified bears. There is a report that was exaggerated in the book "The Jersey Devil" about a sighting by a group of kids while playing ice hockey. I was one of the kids. It was a guy in a ape mask. Another exaggerated report in the book was the screams all over Chatsworth. They were Mr. Slater's peacocks. 

Somebody's escaped pet peacock's screams could account for scream reports. 

All the mushroom talk i thought it might ring a bell with you,

17 minutes ago, the13bats said:

All the mushroom talk i thought it might ring a bell with you,

You said you worked at a botanical. My grandparents were both herbalists and although it's not my main "purpose" as a "Shaman", I have been taught the basics. But any conversation should be in private because too many people misuse and abuse them. 

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

I never thought all people were lying. I did have mis-identified bears. There is a report that was exaggerated in the book "The Jersey Devil" about a sighting by a group of kids while playing ice hockey. I was one of the kids. It was a guy in a ape mask. Another exaggerated report in the book was the screams all over Chatsworth. They were Mr. Slater's peacocks. 

Somebody's escaped pet peacock's screams could account for scream reports. 

I guess im jaded by true believers that say if i dont believe them im calling them liars as to them those are the only options, most books and shows do slant and most times towards the subject matter being true,

I recall the story of marlon lowe a 10 year old in 77 said he was playing with 2 friends and a giant condor like bird picked him up and started to fly away with him, his mom yelled and chased after them and it dropped him,

He was on monsterquest wearing a biker shirt with a big eagle on it rather fitting and a mia headband i doubt a 10 yo in 77 was in the war but who knows.

While bird experts on the show picked apart his story as did people in 77 he stands firm it happened, one issue i have is the story details change so while i believe perhaps a bird flew at him he was not picked up and carried,

Its not unlike your book reporting screams even thought people knew it was a peacock the book leaves that detail out.

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I recall the story of marlon lowe a 10 year old in 77 said he was playing with 2 friends and a giant condor like bird picked him up and started to fly away with him, his mom yelled and chased after them and it dropped him,

Bigger Egyptian vultures around here have been purported to do that. They do grab on newborn calves and foals. It might of tried to grab him, but I doubt it carried him.

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

You said you worked at a botanical. My grandparents were both herbalists and although it's not my main "purpose" as a "Shaman", I have been taught the basics. But any conversation should be in private because too many people misuse and abuse them. 

I was friends with the owner and hung there so i more less worked/helped out, it wasnt long after i sold my club but was still doing music stuff, i had time

My interest in it was for actual herbal remedies, but a bigger part of this store was santeria so some was in that area.

According to the bird experts only raptors can grasp and even try to lift, the vulture, buzzard types have a non grasping turkey type foot,

I can see one might have hit the kid but not grabbed him to lift him and if the kid weighted 60 pounds a bird large enough to lift him would be hard to hide.

The guys here i call turkey buzzards can get about 2 foot tall and are very aggressive, years back i wanted the skull from a road kill a couple were eating i figured i run up shoo them off, no, one came after me, hopping with wings out, it was funny and a bit scary, to a 10 yo i could see ut being traumatic expecially if it was unprovoked.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

I am unable to see some of the photos from my present location. This is the bent over bear photo right?

Loren Coleman has called this a bear if it is the photo I think it is.

https://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/jacobs-bear/

The state of PA says it is a bear caught in a pose common for baited cameras.

http://tnparadise.blogspot.com/2007/11/here-we-go-again-bigfoot-photos-from-nw.html

More analyses siding with bear.

http://bizarrezoology.blogspot.com/2013/04/analysis-of-jacobs-photos-by-jarrett.html

I could not find anyone saying definitely not a bear, which makes me wonder if I am incorrectly guessing about the photo in question.

Yeah, that's the picture.  To me you really have to struggle to imagine those limb proportions belong to a bear.  Also there are eyes and things labeled that I'm just not seeing.

blogger-image--1455508064.jpg

Here are pictures of bears at the same spot.  Pretty unmistakable.

1_bear_cubs_med.jpg

Now I'm not saying this is a photo of a Sasquatch and it most likely is a bear at a really strange angle but the OP asked for clear photo's and the photo's I posted are clear enough to see the texture of the fur, which by the way you can't see on the second picture here taken under the exact same conditions on the same camera at the same location on the same day one half hour apart.  Possibly the explanation for that is the fur is a different texture, which you wouldn't expect from the same species of animal.  It's a little fascinating.

Edited by OverSword

12 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

I would start a "show me your best body" thread, but somehow I don't think that would be as successful.

Are you just trying to see us naked?

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, the13bats said:

My interest in it was for actual herbal remedies, but a bigger part of this store was santeria so some was in that area.

there is a Vodou Hougan Asogwe who is a long time friend of mine and a member here and I'm familiar with Santeria  which is related

His handle is @Not A Rockstar 

I have see Turkey buzzards fighting ranch dogs over carcasses so they can sort of grab. :lol:

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Superstars! They are my "dress shoes" at the Uni. :tu:

Cool choice!

I have far too many to choose from to have a favorite but the Columbia are my latest acquisitions. :) 

Although it looks like Bigfoot prefers Nike :lol:

https://www.sneakerfiles.com/nike-sb-dunk-low-bigfoot/

Edited by Stiff
Addition

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, that's the picture.  To me you really have to struggle to imagine those limb proportions belong to a bear.  Also there are eyes and things labeled that I'm just not seeing.

blogger-image--1455508064.jpg

Here are pictures of bears at the same spot.  Pretty unmistakable.

1_bear_cubs_med.jpg

Now I'm not saying this is a photo of a Sasquatch and it most likely is a bear at a really strange angle but the OP asked for clear photo's and the photo's I posted are clear enough to see the texture of the fur, which by the way you can't see on the second picture here taken under the exact same conditions on the same camera at the same location on the same day one half hour apart.  Possibly the explanation for that is the fur is a different texture, which you wouldn't expect from the same species of animal.  It's a little fascinating.

I can't see most of the photos you just posted so let me check in later from a different location where the photos will be shown.

I think this is a matter of a photo showing an odd stance for a bear. Our neighborhood has several bears in it. One I call the teenager and it is slender compared to the other bears. I think it is not getting all the food it needs. These photos remind me of the bear in these photo although the camera we set up has not captured the bear in such an odd pose.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Cool choice!

I have far too many to choose from to have a favorite but the Columbia are my latest acquisitions. :) 

Nike Force hightops for wearing with my Diesels and Nike trackies to go with my skinny jeans and I still have my Nike Suede skaters and my Adidas Sambas. 

Major derailment here! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I can't see most of the photos you just posted so let me check in later from a different location where the photos will be shown.

I think this is a matter of a photo showing an odd stance for a bear. Our neighborhood has several bears in it. One I call the teenager and it is slender compared to the other bears. I think it is not getting all the food it needs. These photos remind me of the bear in these photo although the camera we set up has not captured the bear in such an odd pose.

Where do you live that you can see bears in your neighborhood?  That must be cool, if a bit frightening.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nike Force hightops for wearing with my Diesels and Nike trackies to go with my skinny jeans and I still have my Nike Suede skaters and my Adidas Sambas. 

Major derailment here! :lol:

Vans.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Vans.

I have a pair of plain grey slip ons. A former skateboarder and bassist who doesn't own a pair of Vans should get the death sentence. :yes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3