Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

show me your best picture

the13bats

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Where do you live that you can see bears in your neighborhood?  That must be cool, if a bit frightening.

I'm not frightened of the bears. The neighborhood is in the Appalachians and houses are far apart. There was a bear that ventured down by the house with the pet goats. The goats have this habit of fainting. The bear seized the fainted goat, possibly said thank you, and headed off to enjoy a fresh meal. For the most part the bears are stealthy. We no longer compost because it drew the bears in. The bird feeders are now on a tall pole covered in barbed wire to prevent the bears from climbing. The new trouble makers are squirrels - fox and gray. Think I have that problem licked. The problem is that the wildlife is smarter than me. They'll get around my efforts one way or the other. People lock up their garbage cans. I encourage everyone to keep their grills clean to avoid attracting bears. Then we all hope for a decent acorn crop to keep the bears content.

Besides the one goat no other animals or people have had encounters with the bears. The coyotes and owls have been after cats and small dogs. There are the rodents in the fall. They come inside as the weather cools. They bring the snakes. I find snake skins in the basement. The snakes' job is to be a short term visitor getting rid of the long term visitors. They do a decent job and leave behind their skins as a reminder of their help to me. There are lots of squirrels, voles, mice, foxes, rabbits, skunks, raccoons, opossums, and deer in the area. We also get mink. One person has camera traps out hoping to get photos of a fisher cat he thinks is in the area. Very unlikely, but possible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

I guess im jaded by true believers that say if i dont believe them im calling them liars as to them those are the only options, most books and shows do slant and most times towards the subject matter being true,

A after thought. One of my closest friends when I was a young up and coming Bigfoot hunter was Mary Green. She was a sweetheart and I still don't think she was a liar. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nike Force hightops for wearing with my Diesels and Nike trackies to go with my skinny jeans and I still have my Nike Suede skaters and my

Very dapper!

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

Adidas Sambas.

So you're an 80's casual, just like me! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Very dapper!

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

When you work for the guys I worked for in the security industry, you can afford to be.

I actually have 2 Harris Tweeds........which I wore with the superstars. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Very dapper!

So you're an 80's casual, just like me! :D

Spandex... that's the way forward.. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

When you work for the guys I worked for in the security industry, you can afford to be.

Don't let him fool you.... the man has always had the trendiest stuff or the "best of the best". Saw a post about his riding boots. Yeah, others we grew up with who had a **** ton load of money only wished for both boots that good and his ability to ride. LOL the man is fluid on a horse to being one with the animal others only dream about

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shoes? Okay, I guess to grab a bird would have to take its shoes off,

Im not trying to play word games but when i say "grab" or "grasp" i guess im mixing them up, to clarify, i have 2 amazon parrots and while shaped nothing like a human hand they can "grasp" and hold and eat what they are holding turning their foit many ways and to a degree use their feet like we do hands, and have toes and claws like a raptor.

raptors will for example "grab" prey they will use their feet to hold things down while the beak does its work, not saying they dont but never seen a raptor use its foot like a parrot turn it like a hand towards the head does but we all know raptors can fly carring prey but compared to the birds weight the prey is light.

Then the buzzard types, ive seen them step on the carrion they are eating to hold it while pulling it apart but unlike the parrot or raptor ive never seen a buzzard type wrap its toes around anything and hold it, their foot and claws are more like a chickens so no, personally i do not believe they can "grab" "grasp" and certainly cannot hold something and fly away with it.

If i think about the size any bird would have to be to pick up and carry 60 pounds it really kills marlons srory there.

Since he describes it like a condor at best if it happened at all it swooped at him, knocked him down, the story envolved so he didnt have to say a bird kicked his butt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2019 at 10:58 AM, the13bats said:

So i go to Google images and enter "best bigfoot pictures" what a garbage dump,

All these shows, hunters, and almost everyone for at least 10 years carries a camera and not one good picture ( that i could find )

So please post me your best creature pictures, doesnt have to be bf just unknown, and if you are a true believer please dont get upset if some critique it.

So.....you started a thread to critique pictures but you're not going to critique anything?  I'm just curious....have you graduated high school yet?

22 hours ago, OverSword said:

big-foot-tours.jpg

This is an interesting picture.  The13bats......what is your critique on this photo?  You said it would be fun debunking these photos.  I'd like to hear you debunk this one.  I'm especially interested in knowing how to fake muscle contraction and your debunk of that obvious feature from these series of photos.  

Guyver

It is an interesting film and still from it,

Im gonna cop out as anything i said to debunk this has been said many times over and over and it doesnt matter to true believers, which is fine.

My issue is placing ones entire bellief in bf on one old grainy film that looks as much like a man in a suit as it does real creature.

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Now there's a picture. 

Oh, I digress the best, sorry for hijacking the thread or to borrow from a previous post:::::::>>>>>""""  Major derailment here! :lol:     "

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Spandex... that's the way forward.. 

I'm with you!!

2eea3adc66e96040929ebbcb5382a2e47690a24c 

(But I'm not going cycling. No way Jose)  confused2.gif

• Haha 3

Guyver,

I apologize im not feeling well and really believe if nothing else the pgf will never be proven man in suit or real creature, im not sold either way on it but i do lean because of all i know about it believe its a man in a suit,

I few very basic things to point out is most people have never seen the orginal film only copies and copies of copies, then we have things like the "photo expert" who monsterquest said enhanced the original, no, he enhanced a copy, so we deal with hype and outright lies from researchers.

There is only so much enhancement that can be done way too much has been put into film grain, film artifacts, object blending etc.

Ive seen people claim to see a second creature, a dog a cat, even gimlin hiding in the bushes.

Next is a huge issue that few talk much about filming speed, roger patterson flipped about what speed it was flimed at and in turn should be played back at, ever notice how it looks like a weird wrong speed home movie , well it does to me.

This is important because one of the gurus of bigfootdom grover krantz said that if it was filmed at any other speed than he tested then the gait is off and well basically a man in suit,

Krantz shot himself in the foot in one show he copies the walk, knowing he did it too well he says well, im trained and only took a couple steps.

It came out that this "wrong" speed was the most likely what it was filmed at. When corrected and you can find such videos it looks even more like a man in a suit. At least it does to me.

Muscle movement, i just dont see it the way some do i see nothing more than a fur suit sliding over an inner suit, look up the suit Leroy Blevins made, if it was used in same conditions same wrong speed camera it looks too darn close, again this is to me.

I saw someone say, it could have been a ruptured thigh muscle or the actor had keys in his pocket under the suit.

Yet i watch gorillas walk in videos and they do have some similarities with patty but i cant find a diaper butt ape.

Until blevins made his suit it was a hurdle to me, no one made a suit that to me was very close, phillip morris and Bob Heironimus made huge clowns of themselves trying to make a copy of the suit and a film morris said he made the original suit, afterall Bob Heironimus is built like and walks like the creature, lived a few doors down from gimlin so if he was the guy in the orginal suit he never should have teamed up with morris.

And yes, such a suit could be made in 67, and isnt so different than suits used in lost in space and monster robot, i take issue with the diaper butt, yet we dont see matted hair caked in feces, and some great apes as they age their butts become train wrecks, this looks a bit too groomed.

Patterson had published a book and his drawing of bigfoot had huge breasts and then so does patty,  such a coincidence.

As you see my take isnt debunking at all its just a bit more open minded view than some have.

Enough of my babbling for now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

Now there's a picture. 

It's up in Rogues Gallery from when I was lecturing for the museum.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 2:41 PM, Guyver said:

This is an interesting picture.  The13bats......what is your critique on this photo?  You said it would be fun debunking these photos.  I'd like to hear you debunk this one.  I'm especially interested in knowing how to fake muscle contraction and your debunk of that obvious feature from these series of photos.  

My feeling is that the claims of muscle contraction are wishful thinking on the part of believers.

Overall it looks like a guy in a monkey suit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

My feeling is that the claims of muscle contraction are wishful thinking on the part of believers.

Yeah, i recall the "expert" on monsterquest who did some digital analysis on the pgf, right off they lie said he used the orginal film, no its a copy the orginal has been missing for decades and i believe it had a clue in it pointing to it being faked,

Anyway, this mq expert is trying to call flim artifacts facial movements and a background blur its mouth opening, that is super bad science as the film didnt have the resolution to start with so if these experts "enhance" that is same as adding to it, crap science and very wishful thinking and down right imagination by true believers.

When they start making up seeing things that the films resolution baver had to start with i move on but some ( meldrum ) for example bites it and hangs on, of course meldrum was positive snow walker was a real 9 foot creature according to his expert analysis and compaired it to the pgf as proof bf exists, uh oh, snow walker was admitted to being hoax for a tv show promo and about 6 ft not 9 ft,

Poor meldrum.

• Like 2

This is the only one I have left. He (I'm assuming male) was really tall and fairly well hidden. Funny thing about the encounter, I could've sworn there was a person with him when he ran away.

CX1ylz1WwAIn4zR.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yeah, i recall the "expert" on monsterquest who did some digital analysis on the pgf, right off they lie said he used the orginal film, no its a copy the orginal has been missing for decades and i believe it had a clue in it pointing to it being faked,

Anyway, this mq expert is trying to call flim artifacts facial movements and a background blur its mouth opening, that is super bad science as the film didnt have the resolution to start with so if these experts "enhance" that is same as adding to it, crap science and very wishful thinking and down right imagination by true believers.

When they start making up seeing things that the films resolution baver had to start with i move on but some ( meldrum ) for example bites it and hangs on, of course meldrum was positive snow walker was a real 9 foot creature according to his expert analysis and compaired it to the pgf as proof bf exists, uh oh, snow walker was admitted to being hoax for a tv show promo and about 6 ft not 9 ft,

Poor meldrum.

One of the issues involved is called priming. It happens by people being told what to see or hear.

In this case people are told to see muscles moving the suit. They see it just like they hear "satan lives" when a growl is played on an audio recording.

Other examples of this sort of chicanery is in the claims of giant UFOs sucking energy out of the Sun or imaginary planets in front of the Sun seen from the South Pole camera.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stereologist said:

I disagree and would argue the point if not for the fact that this is an obvious joke thread.

On 1/13/2019 at 6:21 PM, Guyver said:

I disagree and would argue the point if not for the fact that this is an obvious joke thread.

I havent made my replies as jokes i didnt post this as a "joke" thread im not the most serious person in the world but i wasnt posting this as a "pick up" thread to flirt or to talk waberobes etc, it did go that way.

no, i really did hope people would post pictures of creatures that are or they thought were unexplained,

But thats how forums go they are public and lots of personalities come together nothing to get knots in your knickers over, besides in the short time ive been here i already know who is and isnt of merits on the subjects of the board.

I actually do find some pictures of chewie or the jack links mascot etc of value they show that suits can be made that look far better that patty.

But leroy blevins suit is as good too,

I also really wasnt expecting a very enhanced to the point of embelishment patterson still would get much focus,

You want to debate you can see muscle movement and im not saying you dont im just in the camp of countless viewers and many experts who do not see it and see too much read into grain and film enhancement artifact and yeah, like stereo pointed out, ill use meldrum ( for example ) sees muscle movement so some like to jump on that bandwagon, of course he saw that in snow walker compared it to pgf said it was real, it wasnt.

I did a crystal test at the botania, 90% + - said they felt engery, warmth, vibrations etcs after i asked, "do you believe in crystals powers?"

Fun since it wasnt even crystal but a piece of glass i put in a rock tumbler,

Same type thing with what some see in the pgf.

However, no more can anyone prove muscle movement can i prove its a fur suit sliding on padding,

So i have a question to true belivers of the pgf

Why was that the only one ever filmed, and other alleged bf in their own grainy  bluffy pics and movies never look a bit like patty.

Come up with a new excuse please.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 12:23 PM, stereologist said:

One of the issues involved is called priming. It happens by people being told what to see or hear.

The power of suggestion is unreal. If somebody can play it right they can actually implant false memories. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

The power of suggestion is unreal. If somebody can play it right they can actually implant false memories. 

This happens more often than people think. It can be simple false memories. An example is people convinced that they left something at a particular location and they are so sure of it. They eventually find the lost item somewhere else and wonder who moved the object. It was never moved. They simply created a compelling false memory of themselves placing the object at the location they expected to find it. Sometimes people will even recall at a later time that they were mistaken and they realize they put the item where they eventually find it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1