Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Masculinity is harmful" According to APA

Dark_Grey

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Sometimes, that's not such a good thing, as others have pointed out.

Dictator_charlie3.jpg

Do you notice how small his tie is?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Do you notice how small his tie is?

Yeah, subtle, real subtle, eh?:lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Thanks for the clarification though it still makes no sense.

It assumes that not having a resident father is the prime cause of murder.

Fatherless Children

Father Factor in Incarceration – Even after controlling for income, youths in father-absent households still had significantly higher odds of incarceration than those in mother-father families. Youths who never had a father in the household experienced the highest odds. A 2002 Department of Justice survey of 7,000 inmates revealed that 39% of jail inmates lived in mother-only households. Approximately forty-six percent of jail inmates in 2002 had a previously incarcerated family member. One-fifth experienced a father in prison or jail.

There are also alarming stats for alcohol and drug abuse, suicides, education etc.

So, ya... it makes a huge difference 

PS:   studies have shown that nearly all death row inmates “have a history of parental abandonment, foster care and/or institutionalization.”  

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Fatherless Children

Father Factor in Incarceration – Even after controlling for income, youths in father-absent households still had significantly higher odds of incarceration than those in mother-father families. Youths who never had a father in the household experienced the highest odds. A 2002 Department of Justice survey of 7,000 inmates revealed that 39% of jail inmates lived in mother-only households. Approximately forty-six percent of jail inmates in 2002 had a previously incarcerated family member. One-fifth experienced a father in prison or jail.

There are also alarming stats for alcohol and drug abuse, suicides, education etc.

So, ya... it makes a huge difference 

PS:   studies have shown that nearly all death row inmates “have a history of parental abandonment, foster care and/or institutionalization.”  

Okay, so what's your point? :huh: How does this relate to toxic masculinity? Nobody is over here cheering for fatherless homes, so I don't quite see the relevance of this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Okay, so what's your point? :huh: How does this relate to toxic masculinity? Nobody is over here cheering for fatherless homes, so I don't quite see the relevance of this.

you really can't figure it out, huh?

if you removes alleged "toxic" males from the household, the results are horrific. In other words, are these "toxic" males really toxic?? It's all a bunch of lying liberal bull.  

Now, would you care to talk about "toxic" femininity??    Go ahead, call me a sexist and make my point. bigots. They lie because it feels good.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

if you removes alleged "toxic" males from the household, the results are horrific. In other words, are these "toxic" males really toxic?? It's all a bunch of lying liberal bull.  

Now, would you care to talk about "toxic" femininity??    Go ahead, call me a sexist and make my point. bigots. They lie because it feels good.

You are truly incapable of any nuance aren't you? :mellow:

How many times do we have to say that men aren't the problem? Just certain specific traits that are sometimes associated with 'manhood' are.

But no, in your mind, any and all criticisms of men or 'masculinity' is perceived as an attack against ALL men. Total black and white mentality.

You truly are a child.

• Like 2

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

IF????   it has already happened, those fatherless families, are the ones with "toxic" male removed, it turns out great for kids...NOT,  they have to learn to be muscular in prisons, those who survive that is.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

You are truly incapable of any nuance aren't you? :mellow:

How many times do we have to say that men aren't the problem? Just certain specific traits that are sometimes associated with 'manhood' are.

Maybe this will wake your brain up:    "Blacks have certain specific traits that make them dangerous people"

You getting it now, slo mo??  You want to talk about "certain negative traits" of  specific groups of people, you're a bigot.

But no, in your mind, any and all criticisms of men or 'masculinity' is perceived as an attack against ALL men. Total black and white mentality.

You truly are a child.

If one has problems with men they way a KKK-er has problems with blacks, it's best not to air it out in public.  But, no, the shameless  bigots of the lunatic left have no problem with doing that at all.  Ever hear of "male shaming"??   that's what this is.

• Like 2

funniest thing is by his own definition he is a privileged racist.  just like every other white male, yet he thinks he is somewhat better than others privileged racists, hilarious.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Maybe this will wake your brain up:    "Blacks have certain specific traits that make them dangerous people"

You getting it now, slo mo??  You want to talk about "certain negative traits" of  specific groups of people, you're a bigot.

If one has problems with men they way a KKK-er has problems with blacks, it's best not to air it out in public.  But, no, the shameless  bigots of the lunatic left have no problem with doing that at all.  Ever hear of "male shaming"??   that's what this is.

You just aren't listening to what we're saying over and over and over and over again, and most importantly it's becoming ever more apparent that you don't want to listen. So keep believing whatever bulls**t you want. I'm done here.

21 minutes ago, aztek said:

funniest thing is by his own definition he is a privileged racist.  just like every other white male, yet he thinks he is somewhat better than others privileged racists, hilarious.

Having white privilege doesn't make you racist. It just means you don't have the same specific disadvantages that many other racial minorities face.

Not that you care to understand that, but regardles...

29 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

You just aren't listening to what we're saying over and over and over and over again, and most importantly it's becoming ever more apparent that you don't want to listen. So keep believing whatever bulls**t you want. I'm done here.

You're the one that used the terminology " Just certain specific traits". We know what that makes you.

15 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You're the one that used the terminology " Just certain specific traits". We know what that makes you.

Look, would it help if I included some negative traditionally considered 'feminine' traits? Will that satisfy you?

9BoqqD9.png

• Thanks 1

The issue isn't 'masculinity' since masculinity itself is simply a social construct. The issue is assigning certain inherently negative characteristics to our collective idea of what it means to be a 'man'. The same logic can apply to women.

Please please please pleeeease at least try to understand this, okay?

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

Having white privilege doesn't make you racist. It just means you don't have the same specific disadvantages that many other racial minorities face.

Not that you care to understand that, but regardles...

being white male makes you racist. according to liberal sjw.  

can i call affirmative action a black privilege?  according to your definition i can. and i do agree with you about definition. 

The issue isn't 'masculinity' since masculinity itself is simply a social construct. The issue is assigning certain inherently negative characteristics to our collective idea of what it means to be a 'man'. The same logic can apply to women.

Please please please pleeeease at least try to understand this, okay?

Yes the same logic *can* apply BUT NEVER WILL in the politically correct media. OK?  Can you understand that?

men=toxic, women=good.  That's the message. Call it "male shaming", call it whatever you want. It's a design, it's deliberate, it's bigotry.

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes the same logic *can* apply BUT NEVER WILL in the politically correct media. OK?  Can you understand that?

men=toxic, women=good.  That's the message. Call it "male shaming", call it whatever you want. It's a design, it's deliberate, it's bigotry.

Paranoia setting in ? I wouldn't worry too much about a TV ad, I doubt people whose opinions are formed from advertising are worth knowing, if they choose to shun you as a result of that, that will be lucky for you, you can be free of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Men don't do the name-calling and bullying.  Those are the acts of a child.  

Good that you finally realise that. 

Spoiler

trump-tantrum.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

It happens. It's called PHD syndrome.

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 3:53 PM, Aquila King said:

Look, would it help if I included some negative traditionally considered 'feminine' traits? Will that satisfy you?

9BoqqD9.png

You know, the masculine negative traits can perfectly describe 90% of the female bosses I've ever encountered and heard many others complain about.

• Like 4

I admit, I'm partial to a manly guy. My husband put himself thru college working as a car mechanic and carpenter.  Nothing sexier than a guy who can fix your car and then build a deck onto the back of the house. :tsu:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, skliss said:

I admit, I'm partial to a manly guy. My husband put himself thru college working as a car mechanic and carpenter.  Nothing sexier than a guy who can fix your car and then build a deck onto the back of the house. :tsu:

I must admit I do too. I used to do most of all the work on my "78 Z28. I'm good with my hands and can figure out how at least basic things work fairly quickly.

I dated a sweet guy,, for a very short time who made really good money. I quickly realized eventually I would chew him up and spit him out.. He came to pick me up for a date, the fan belt on his car was broken and I sent him to the parts store, in my car, to pick up the part I called and told them him needed. He was going to call AAA. After I changed it for him he felt sort of emasculated. I realized I couldn't have a partner that couldn't help me fix a problem instead being at the mercy of a repair person.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skliss said:

Are you just expressing a personal opinion? Or are you essentially expecting all men to conform to your specific standard of 'sexiness' in order to be deemed socially acceptable?

I mean that is social conservatism 101.

• Like 1