Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is going on

ParanormalKris

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

There are no closed discussions in an open forum, honey. All you do is derail threads into closure. Congratulations.

I think you will find the closure comes after complaints from the likes of you ! I was more than happy to continue the discussion, but eight bits went into smokescreen mode !

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Read post #108 and tell me that isn't an accusation of lying.

No, it is a another way to say you don’t have evidence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I think you will find the closure comes after complaints from the likes of you ! I was more than happy to continue the discussion, but eight bits went into smokescreen mode !

There IS no discussion when you are in it, as you have no respect for other opinions and points-of-view. You are right and everyone else is wrong and that's it. All you want to "discuss" is why you're right. That's not a discussion--that's a sermon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Hardly. How about trying really weally hard to understand that "fellow bull****ers" is an accusation of lying. Old eight bits professes to hate being called a liar, but gives his fellow team members a leave pass ! What a crummy mob !

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

There IS no discussion when you are in it, as you have no respect for other opinions and points-of-view. You are right and everyone else is wrong and that's it. All you want to "discuss" is why you're right. That's not a discussion--that's a sermon.

Report it !

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

You have been debating positions of interpretation with people that do not share your world view which is essentially beliefs and you argue that you have a unique and true view and that others are not as adept as you.

I find this to be a limiting perspective and a barb against worthy debaters as many of whom you argue with have provided credible material in support as well as defined their position responsibly

And this was not the context in which religious debate was flowing.

jmccr8

Debatng is fine.  I don't reject or deny anothers' beliefs or opinions, except where they can do harm, but i will argue about them, and their relative merits and rationales   

your second point is correct but i argue with sources statistics and evidences about things which are demonstrable. Beliefs are not  objectively demonstrable as true or false.   

To your third point religious beliefs are beliefs ive covered that. My examples went to peoples' opinions based on harmful and incorrect  beliefs about things like  vaccinations  

Edited by Mr Walker

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Report it !

Won't do any good; they'd close thread and he'll just pop into another thread and continue with more of the same. This has become just another Habitat thread, *sigh*.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Hardly. How about trying really weally hard to understand that "fellow bull****ers" is an accusation of lying. Old eight bits professes to hate being called a liar, but gives his fellow team members a leave pass ! What a crummy mob !

Using one word, why are you so angry?

• Like 1

Using one word, why are you so angry?

Well, what was your decision ? Was I accused of being a liar, or not ? I should accept that with equanimity ? Ask eight bits what he likes about being called a liar ! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

Geez what you won’t claim....

Meanwhile in Mr Walker’s head:  “ he was a young Greek Adonis, sought after by all the land’s females, but was to busy surfing and cutting wood fer maw’s supper so as he would ‘scape gettin a whoopin from paw’s cane ...I sure hope no one remembers that he also told tales of himself as a pimply faced hormonal 16 year old who had quite a full fantasy life which included 3 breasted Amazon women.” 

All true I've even shown you a picture of me, a bit past that prime when i was 25 . Ive got photogrphic evidence of just how handsome i was, but you will have to take my word about my charm and winning ways :) 

Never had pimples ( too much time in salt water and sunshine, and a healthy diet,  i think) That is  your mental addition to the narrative. 

But yes, as a 13 year old bursting with testosterone, and to whom females were totally off limits by law and custom of the time,  i DID create fantasy dream companions (I don't see anything unusual, unhealthy, embarrassing, or unbelievable, about  that ) 

and dont blame me. YOU extended this debate. 

Edited by Mr Walker

24 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

And of course, if he doesn't have evidence, then your default position is that he must be lieing, not that he is (or may be)  telling the truth, but has no evidence . 

12 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

And of course, if he doesn't have evidence, then your default position is that he must be lieing, not that he is (or may be)  telling the truth, but has no evidence . 

One has to admit the "team" do close ranks, all for one, and one for all !

14 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I didn’t call him a liar, I said he didn’t have evidence. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I didn’t call you a liar.

I didn’t call you a liar.

I've already asked you twice whether "hammerhead" did , but I'm happy to leave it be ! Thanks for Not calling me a liar ! :huh:

20 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

All true I've even shown you a picture of me, a bit past that prime when i was 25 . Ive got photogrphic evidence of just how handsome i was, but you will have to take my word about my charm and winning ways :) 

Never had pimples ( too much time in salt water and sunshine, and a healthy diet,  i think) That is  your mental addition to the narrative. 

But yes, as a 13 year old bursting with testosterone, and to whom females were totally off limits by law and custom of the time,  i DID create fantasy dream companions (I don't see anything unusual, unhealthy, embarrassing, or unbelievable, about  that ) 

and dont blame me. YOU extended this debate. 

Moving on....

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I've already asked you twice whether "hammerhead" did , but I'm happy to leave it be ! Thanks for Not calling me a liar ! :huh:

You asked If eight bits did. 

Use care in the friends you choose, sometimes they can drag you into their drama’s. 

No one is calling you a liar, just asking for evidence.

Which you say you don’t have, fair enough, I don’t think you are insisting any one should just take your work for things. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The two closing ranks are you and MW. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You asked If eight bits did. 

Use care in the friends you choose, sometimes they can drag you into their drama’s. 

No one is calling you a liar, just asking for evidence.

Which you say you don’t have, fair enough, I don’t think you are insisting any one should just take your work for things. 

In summary, No !

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

In summary, No !

Do you mean no that no one should just take your word for things?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Do you mean no that no one should just take your word for things?

I am sick of explaining the bleeding obvious to people who simply don't have the devotion to the truth, that is needed, to reach the right conclusion. And in the case of the subject I speak of, the right conclusion, is NO conclusion. I'll leave you with it.

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Debatng is fine.  I don't reject or deny anothers' beliefs or opinions, except where they can do harm, but i will argue about them, and their relative merits and rationales 

Walker

You do and have told myself and other's what we think and tell us we are not correct in our personal beliefs which is subjective and if it is a personal belief then why would another accept your corrections when it is known that they do not share your point of view.

your second point is correct but i argue with sources statistics and evidences about things which are demonstrable. Beliefs are not  objectively demonstrable as true or false. 

You have been arguing the bible, one book that you do not interpret in the same manner and insist that you are right even though you don't correct other's beliefs. 

To your third point religious beliefs are beliefs ive covered that. My examples went to peoples' opinions based on harmful and incorrect  beliefs about things like  vaccinations  

Well you would have me believe that I have a religion and as you earlier posted in the new world of words that religion is comprised of a supernatural force/entity/etc, rites and rituals without the trappings of costumes, buildings or any written or organized documentation. I don't have an entity super, ultra, or regular natural, there are no rites or rituals and there is nothing said by any unknown unprovable entities. Now I say it's not a religion, a personal belief, yes, a way of living of course, do I think everyone needs to join, no and thankful for it.

jmccr8

• Like 1

The only one who needs to join, is you.

15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Will

If your talking to me what exactly outside of your perspective are you suggesting I join, I do not feel lonely enough or mentally fatigued by life to have a need for complicating my life with fantasy and fictional beings. I am happy with my path.

jmccr8

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Join what, Will?