Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing Wisconsin Girl Found Alive

susieice

and now, the story begins :( 

Wonder what it is going to end up being? There was a topic yes. I remember saying it sounded like a disapproved of bf situation that went real bad as my first take on what little we knew then.

• Like 3

A little more news has come out. She was found in Wisconsin. I remember police following up on a report that she might have been seen in Miami.

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Jayme-Closs-found-alive-in-Douglas-County-504191291.html

Thanks for finding it Rockstar! Mods may merge this if they want.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

There are so many times when you hope for the best and it never happens. I thought that she was gone.

What hell she went through, no one knows though.

• Like 4

The suspect is 21. There are some very sick people out there, hopefully this one never gets out of prison.

So glad she had been found, now she has to recover the best she can from this horrendous ordeal, can she ever recover?  

• Like 4

Police should soon be giving their news conference this morning. Jayme walked out of the woods and approached a woman walking her dog, who took her to another home in the area. She told them she was hidden when her captor was gone and told them about her parents being dead. They recognized the name she told them but didn't know the person.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jayme-closs-everything-we-know-about-wisconsin-teen-s-abduction-n957541

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Jake Patterson, 21 yrs old has been named the suspect. He has also been charged with the murders of Jayme's parents. Listening to the news conference now. Wrong link came up again. Here's the good one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/jayme-closs-kidnapping-suspect-charged-murdering-her-parents-n957586

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Sounds like the suspect`s motive is, he wanted to date the 13 year girl,  but the parents said no until she `s sixteen, so he just murdered  them and took her :unsure:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Sounds like the suspect`s motive is, he wanted to date the 13 year girl,  but the parents said no until she `s sixteen, so he just murdered  them and took her :unsure:

According to every report so far they had no prior contact, including on-line. Until that changes, I'm going to assume he saw her somewhere, stalked her while making his plans and then carried them out.

• Like 4

New (horrible) details.

Kidnapping suspect watched 13-year-old as she got on bus

BARRON, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin man suspected of abducting a 13-year-old girl made up his mind to take the teen when he spotted her getting on a school bus, and he made two aborted trips to her family's home before finally carrying out an attack in which he killed Jayme Closs' mother in front of her, according to a criminal complaint filed Monday.

Jake Thomas Patterson, 21, told investigators he was driving to his job at a cheese factory one day when he stopped behind a school bus and watched Jayme get on. At that moment, he said, "he knew that was the girl he was going to take," the complaint said. Police have said the two did not know each other.

More:

https://news.yahoo.com/suspect-wisconsin-killings-kidnapping-due-court-045806027.html

• Sad 3

This is seriously scary stuff! Jamye told the authorities a lot about how she heard her dad get shot while she was hiding in the bathroom with her mother, who called 911. Patterson found them and made her mom tape Jamye's mouth with duct tape. He shot the mother in the head with Jamye there. He threw the girl into his trunk, passing police cars responding to the 911 call. He did this in about 4 minutes. The story goes on after he gets her to his house.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/US/man-accused-kidnapping-13-year-wisconsin-girl-killing/story?id=60343911

Patterson was sure he had gotten away with it.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

This is seriously scary stuff! Jamye told the authorities a lot about how she heard her dad get shot while she was hiding in the bathroom with her mother, who called 911. Patterson found them and made her mom tape Jamye's mouth with duct tape. He shot the mother in the head with Jamye there. He threw the girl into his trunk, passing police cars responding to the 911 call. He did this in about 4 minutes. The story goes on after he gets her to his house.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/US/man-accused-kidnapping-13-year-wisconsin-girl-killing/story?id=60343911

Patterson was sure he had gotten away with it.

Thank god I dont have daughters but even as the husband to a petite wife I found myself thinking I wish they would keep the details under seal.  I hate the thought that other broken individuals could find inspiration from this monsters planning and actions.

• Like 4

I am amazed she was found alive.  That poor girl.  I hope she can heal from losing her parents in such a horrific way.  

And that prick needs to suffer every day for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

HA!  Nobody will suffer.  (((( BLEEDING HEARTS, all over this rock , waves and waves of them)

Nobody will be held accountable.  No traipsing them through all the Main streets with signs on them for years.

No nothing even remotely like that-- well maybe to run a remote for a TV and grab some free education.

In a perfect world there would be 3 white robed judges and they would go around <snip> <snip> ...<SNIP>!!! of the standard judges for not doing their job.   And it would be final. 

We would see a quick change in rulings or the halting of thiS ! nonsense!!!!!!!! of someone gunning down a number of people in a subway and being allowed how?!?!?!!!! many!!!! appeals several years later?  Or gunning someone down point blank range in front of them in a house unloading a magazine and getting off with ? mental such and such because the lawyer told them how and what to say to get out of prison time. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!
OH, a bit of a chanting tirade there hahahaha, well you get my idea.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

HA!  Nobody will suffer.  (((( BLEEDING HEARTS, all over this rock , waves and waves of them)

Nobody will be held accountable.  No traipsing them through all the Main streets with signs on them for years.

No nothing even remotely like that-- well maybe to run a remote for a TV and grab some free education.

Nah he'll be held accountable. It'll just be by a couple of lifers while a corrections officer takes a conveniently timed bathroom break.

• Like 3

I just noticed I misspelled the poor girl's name all through my last post. It shook me up that he did that as fast as he did. The mother called 911 when she heard the gunshots that hit her husband, locked and barricaded the bathroom door and got into the tub with Jayme and called 911. He busted right in. I remember the news saying the 911 dispatcher heard a lot of ruckus going on in the background when the call came through. He actually drove past the police coming up the road to investigate the call with that poor girl in the trunk. He told police he went to his grandparents for something like 12 hours for Christmas. How terrified must that girl have been to stay under the bed without trying to run then? She didn't come out when his father or his friends came to visit. She had seen him murder her parents.

She told police he had burned her clothes and gave her a pair of his sister's pajamas to wear. No shoes. She took an old pair of his sneakers when she left. It's a good thing she decided to run after all when she got another chance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 5:07 AM, freetoroam said:

The suspect is 21. There are some very sick people out there, hopefully this one never gets out of prison.

So glad she had been found, now she has to recover the best she can from this horrendous ordeal, can she ever recover?  

I suspect that it will take a very long time but there is help for her.  I thought of Elizabeth Smart and how valuable her experience would be if she shared.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

I suspect that it will take a very long time but there is help for her.  I thought of Elizabeth Smart and how valuable her experience would be if she shared.

Elizabeth Smart is an extremely brave woman. But is it recovery? 

Not sure they can ever recover. 

Smart has gone on to become an advocate for missing persons and victims of sexual assault. 

This is dealing with what happened to her in the best posible way, to not only help herself, but to help others. It is such a shame that Smart was placed in this position, although she is doing amazing things, it is a situation she should never have been put in.

She is dealing with it and helping others, a very brave lady, but i am not sure i would say she can ever recover from it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, and then said:

She is.

8 hours ago, and then said:

She is. She has told the Closs' she will do anything to help therm they ask.

• Thanks 2