Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing Wisconsin Girl Found Alive

susieice

4 hours ago, susieice said:

She is. She has told the Closs' she will do anything to help therm they ask.

I hadn't seen this.  I think it's wonderful that this obviously strong, intelligent and caring young woman is willing to be there for Miss Closs.  At 13, without help from someone who's been there, she might never be able to adjust and move on with a normal productive life.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, freetoroam said:

She is dealing with it and helping others, a very brave lady, but i am not sure i would say she can ever recover from it.

You make a good point.  I guess it depends on how one defines "recovery".  I doubt there would ever be total peace of mind afterward but if she is able to move on with a productive life and find solace in helping others then I'd say she has done all she can do and achieved more than most who would go through such hell.  If she manages to get through it without an enduring hatred of her kidnapper, I think she wins.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I just watched Jake's sentencing on live stream. He got two consecutive life terms for murdering the parents and 40 years for kidnapping Jayme. This trial took place quickly. It usually takes years.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

Putting this here to clarify. The news is saying Jake got 25 years for the kidnapping. The judge had added on 15 yrs of supervision after release, which of course, will not happen.

https://6abc.com/kidnapper-of-wis-girl-jayme-closs-sentenced-to-life-in-prison/5315403/?fbclid=IwAR231HRup5ADDxqH40dRA-NXF3s0Vsltb-U9-oDAGuVneLb2M-WdBF6LNq0

• Like 1