Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Participates in a Roundtable

acidhead

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

n

Ha, Farmers at a loss for words. Somebody better check on him. He might need a few paragraphs of Michelle Obama's book to bring him back from his shock. Be gentle as he might spook easily.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whoa, glad your okay buddy. I know how you felt. I had to go have a lie down. :mellow:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Ha, Farmers at a loss for words. Somebody better check on him. He might need a few paragraphs of Michelle Obama's book to bring him back from his shock. Be gentle as he might spook easily.:lol:

Nahhh not at a loss for words, just at a loss for nice ones, and ya know momma always said if you cant say anything nice.........:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Nahhh not at a loss for words, just at a loss for nice ones, and ya know momma always said if you cant say anything nice.........:D

Yeah, something I should subscribe to more often. You're a better man than me Farmer. You're an inspiration to us all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yeah, something I should subscribe to more often. You're a better man than me Farmer. You're an inspiration to us all.

Lie to me all you want Hank i still aint puttin out :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Lie to me all you want Hank i still aint puttin out :lol:

No warm showers together? Son, I am disappoint.jpg

• Haha 2

On 1/11/2019 at 3:02 AM, preacherman76 said:

My youngest is 7, and oldest is almost 14. (yes the second one was an accident lol) When I think of how quick that 14 years went, I know it wont be long till, like you said, the magic will be over. I do hope they will make their way home for the holidays after they are gone. At least for my wife's sake.

My youngest is 24.  This year he brought his fiance to spend Christmas Eve  with us then Christmas morning with her parents and back to our house in the evening for a second dinner. .  My wife and I have a feeling that  this might have been our last big Christmas at home.   Soon enough there will probably be a new family of grand kids that we share with in-laws.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, aztek said:

yep. thanks god obama did not have 1\100 of determination trump has, or we'd have no second amendment by now.

Or we wouldn't have the 700 miles of border barriers and fencing we currently do.  Wow if only Trump had the determination of Bush and Obama, we might have another 700  miles by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tatetopa said:

Or we wouldn't have the 700 miles of border barriers and fencing we currently do.  Wow if only Trump had the determination of Bush and Obama, we might have another 700  miles by now.

good point, so when obama did it, it was fine, but when trump does the same, he is a racist, thanks for pointing out hypocrisy of your ways

5 hours ago, aztek said:

good point, so when obama did it, it was fine, but when trump does the same, he is a racist, thanks for pointing out hypocrisy of your ways

Thanks aztek. It was fine when Bush and Obama did it.  It would have been fine if President Trump had taken the money initially proposed and extended the border barriers.  He could have done that 2 years ago  and increased our protection.

Here is the difference:

Bush and Obama built their portions of the wall  as a part of doing business.  They didn't make a big government shutdown issue about it, they just did their job.  They took some criticism over it, but it got done.

President Trump wanted to make a campaign issue out of it.  He wanted to play to the fear that drives so many people.  And yes, like it or not there was some racism in it too.  All of a sudden there was an invasion of rapists and murderers, drug pushers and welfare cheats out to destroy our nation. Since the very first speeches of his campaign this has been a signature issue.  Trump says he was the only leader that saw it an he was the only one that could fix it.

There are dangers to America. they have to be dealt with.  What you don't expect is your leader to be running around like Chicken Little yelling the sky is falling.   I don't object to a wall.  I do object to  promoting fear for personal gain instead of just doing a job.  I don't object to border security.  I do object to sending a big middle finger to the rest of the world and making Americans believe they are suckers and victims.  

;My opposition is not to border security, it is to picking this issue among others to generate fear and anger among the base and keep them feeling threatened and in danger  and divided.  Divide and conquer; I'm sure you have heard that old saying.    If people are focused on the idea that if we build a big wall, then poof our problems are over, then we lose sight of doing the hard,  dull, unglamorous work of really improving border security, fixing immigration policy, stopping growing opiod abuse, and crime.  And as you know, some people are into the big first impression and lose interest when the real work starts.

All three presidents could have built their portions of the border wall and the country would have been safer.  It is not the barrier and border security, it is that one of those presidents chose to inflate, conflate, and make a personal side show out of it. rather than just get it done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1