Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Corrupt Chicago Alderman charged

OverSword

From outlawing cell phone cases shaped like guns to bans on concealed weapons in places that serve alcohol and broadening the gun offender registry in Chicago, Alderman Ed Burke’s record has defined him as an aggressive pusher of gun control. But a bombshell 37-page criminal complaint charging Burke with extortion has exposed him to be yet another phony, hypocritical Anti-Second Amendment legislator.

Federal prosecutors now report that nearly two dozen firearms were discovered in Alderman Ed Burke’s offices during their raids in November. What a surprise! This longtime gun-control opponent was armed to the teeth, while denying the suffering and helpless residents of Chicago a chance to defend their family and property.

Link

The way they caught him is actually even worse.  He would tie up the licensing process for business' that wouldn't funnel business into his law firm.

• Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Link

The way they caught him is actually even worse.  He would tie up the licensing process for business' that wouldn't funnel business into his law firm.

Always glad to see politicians brought to justice. The war on guns and the war on drugs are wars on the working class. One set of rules for them, another for us. Not surprised Mr. Burke owned guns, surprised they were in his offices. Denying law abiding citizens the right to protect themselves, especially in Chicago, is a criminal act imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Wait for it.....

Alderman Ed Burke...  DeMoCrAt  or Repub??    This is a no-brainer LOL. But IDKfor sure so I am really sticking my neck out  lol

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

13 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Wait for it.....

Alderman Ed Burke...  DeMoCrAt  or Repub??    This is a no-brainer LOL. But IDKfor sure so I am really sticking my neck out  lol

Democrat, I believe.

He was also Trump’s property tax attorney, until mid-2018.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

LOL thanks Tiggs.   I wonder if they allow Repubs in chicago? Maybe, but their career will go nowhere

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Federal prosecutors now report that nearly two dozen firearms were discovered in Alderman Ed Burke’s offices during their raids in November. What a surprise! This longtime gun-control opponent was armed to the teeth, while denying the suffering and helpless residents of Chicago a chance to defend their family and property.

Most South Jersey Democrat politicians, including Mr. Anti-Gun Florio, have concealed carry permits. <_<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Most South Jersey Democrat politicians, including Mr. Anti-Gun Florio, have concealed carry permits. <_<

Probably don't mind having armed personal security around when they feel a NEED for it either ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Probably don't mind having armed personal security around when they feel a NEED for it either ;)

Good to see you back! Now I'm no longer swinging chainsaws, I finally took the blades off the wall for something other than clove oil. Bringing my jianshu back up to par and thinking about another swim in the Dark Pool. :whistle:

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

Good to see you back! Now I'm no longer swinging chainsaws, I finally took the blades off the wall for something other than clove oil. Bringing my jianshu back up to par and thinking about another swim in the Dark Pool. :whistle:

Thanks bud,i needed a break from UM insanity :lol:

I hear ya man :tu:...

I just finally got the complete all clear to start back full on training again after a 6 month "screw up" to my left ankle...can't wait to start launching head kicks again :lol:

• Like 3