Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Hankenhunter

Alex Jones legal troubles

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

 
Aquila King

bring-in-celebration-meme.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

Finally a Friday news dump with some good news for a change. If I wasn't deaf I would be listening to Anne Murrey's song "sure could use a little good news today"

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76

To bad all those folks who’s lives were destroyed in the Middle East can’t get the same against every main stream media outlet who cheered their destruction through their lies and conspiracies. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

To bad all those folks who’s lives were destroyed in the Middle East can’t get the same against every main stream media outlet who cheered their destruction through their lies and conspiracies. 

I know you're just saying that to divert attention from Alex Jones's scandal here, but apart from that I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
Quote

It goes on to say that "Jones' actions subjected the families and survivors of the Sandy Hook shooting to physical confrontations and harassment, death threats and personal attacks on social media."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/families-sandy-hook-shooting-victims-win-legal-victory/story?id=60314174

All those morons on social.media who did this to them should be up in court. 

I hope they unplug him.from.the waves, he is one big moron encouraging the little morons.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1

Jones is trash and should be treated as such

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
59 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

All those morons on social.media who did this to them should be up in court. 

I hope they unplug him.from.the waves, he is one big moron encouraging the little morons.

I was wondering if we would get to the point where people would be punished for doing stuff like this on social media.  People who deliberately spread things they know to be false to further their agenda, incite people, rewrite history, or otherwise promote their twisted beliefs.  If you stand back there really isn't that much difference between Alex Jones and some random guy on Facebook or YouTube if the stuff the post is just made up lies that hurt people. The first amendment gives freedom of speech but not freedom of consequence.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee

 

IMO it is naive to believe that Alex Jones is being hounded from Social Media and PayPal etc
because of what he said about Sandy Hook (and if I remember right I think he made an retraction
and issued an apology - also an in depth explanation behind what he said and why..except all that
has been removed from Youtube etc now)

He is being demonized for political reasons - in the same way that Trump is being demonized -

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
55 minutes ago, bee said:

 

IMO it is naive to believe that Alex Jones is being hounded from Social Media and PayPal etc
because of what he said about Sandy Hook (and if I remember right I think he made an retraction
and issued an apology - also an in depth explanation behind what he said and why..except all that
has been removed from Youtube etc now)

He is being demonized for political reasons - in the same way that Trump is being demonized -

Court cases are usually very specific.  Granted losing this court case is another log on the "Why Alex Jones is scum" bonfire.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
55 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Court cases are usually very specific.  Granted losing this court case is another log on the "Why Alex Jones is scum" bonfire.

 

If you look at the OP article the court case hasn't actually been won (or lost) yet..
 

Quote

A judge in Connecticut has granted the families’ discovery requests, allowing them access to, among other things, Infowars’ internal marketing and financial documents

 

Edited by bee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I was wondering if we would get to the point where people would be punished for doing stuff like this on social media.  People who deliberately spread things they know to be false to further their agenda, incite people, rewrite history, or otherwise promote their twisted beliefs.  If you stand back there really isn't that much difference between Alex Jones and some random guy on Facebook or YouTube if the stuff the post is just made up lies that hurt people. The first amendment gives freedom of speech but not freedom of consequence.

Alex got the ball rolling and the sheep followed.

He did not threaten those people personally, but those who did should be caught and prosecuted. Threatening people is just not on.

Quote

It goes on to say that "Jones' actions subjected the families and survivors of the Sandy Hook shooting to physical confrontations and harassment, death threats and personal attacks on social media."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/families-sandy-hook-shooting-victims-win-legal-victory/story?id=60314174

 

To be fair, although i am certainly no fan of Jones, we know there are idiots out there and Jones did not tell people to go and do this ^. Hence why they should  all be up in court. 

What ever brought these morons to take what he said to another level, apart from their stupidity and bullying. ( reckon i just answered that myself right there).

I do not think there is a law against being stupid, but there is for their actions and it needs to be sorted out, in the court room.

Edited by freetoroam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
16 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I do not think there is a law against being stupid

Because half the country would be locked up if there was.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Because half the country would be locked up if there was.

No need to lock them up for being internet bullies, just remove their mobile phones and computers. Most of them are not rich dudes who can buy a new phone or computer each time it gets confiscated,  they are of below average intelligence who can not contribute anything of value to society, so have chosen to be a bullies instead and threaten others.

As to those who cause physical confrontations towards the families and survivors,  there are laws against that and they should be in jail.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

No need to lock them up for being internet bullies, just remove their mobile phones and computers. Most of them are not rich dudes who can buy a new phone or computer each time it gets confiscated,  they are of below average intelligence who can not contribute anything of value to society, so have chosen to be a bullies instead and threaten others.

I honestly think wealth has little to do with it. Take the bully-in-cheif himself, born with a silver spoon in his mouth and a natural born bully. I mean, no doubt those on either economic extremes are more likely to become bullies, given one bullies others cause they feel superior due to privilege, whereas the other overcompensates for lack of privilege by bullying others. But the general mentality of bullying itself is just something that applies to various people of all social classes and systems.

10 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

As to those who cause physical confrontations towards the families and survivors,  there are laws against that and they should be in jail.

Absolutely. I'm not against going after Alex Jones, but don't just go after him.

It takes a special kind of low life to attack the victims of such tragedies...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.