Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wall go fund me refunds donations

Hankenhunter

20 mill ain't shizz to all that.

I didn't mind the GoFundMe deal but this private non-profit does turn me off. I have run 2 in my time so far and you really need to keep an eye on the Boards of these things to keep them straight.

• Like 3

Yup, he's going to build the wall himself. Please send your personal checks to his home address as he's requested.

I just realized something, this fund the wall may be a scam within a scam. Hear me out. This guy starts a go fund me that quickly made it to twenty million. He realized he cant grab and run because of the very public nature of the go fund me. Here's the second part. He folds the very public wall fund, refunds the cash and states he will build the wall himself with his very suspicious committee.  Now he's asking for  donations again, this time privately. Will he do as well you might ask? Normally I'd say no, but, and its a big but, he has the address of everyone who donated to his go fund me. This scum just joined the big leagues.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

Trump is trying to save our asses :) get all our citizens to build that wall.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

You want to know something?

There is some really nice transport back to wherever your ancestors came from. No scurvy, no rats, good food, in flight movies. :yes:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

This "patriot" a hero of yours? Makes you all tingly? Just goes to show, just cause you got your ass blown off in a war, doesn't automatically make you a great human being. The great ones are the dead ones.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Not the least his own.

trumptennis.jpg

Seeing himself in that picture must be what formed his current views on exercise :lol:

Donald Trump thinks exercise will kill you

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There had been a problem with private contributions being used to fund this. There were no guarantees the money would go to where it was intended. Some always thought Congress could just take the money and do what they wanted with it. I seem to remember from the other thread where we talked about this.

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

There had been a problem with private contributions being used to fund this. There were no guarantees the money would go to where it was intended. Some always thought Congress could just take the money and do what they wanted with it. I seem to remember from the other thread where we talked about this.

And you're right. In a perfect world all contractors would be honest, hard working people who do exellent work with the best construction materials. Unfortunately....well, you know. There are only two people on this board who might be above board. The rest are a regular thieves guild of grifters, con men, and shady disgraced politicians. What could go wrong?

• Like 4

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

And you're right. In a perfect world all contractors would be honest, hard working people who do exellent work with the best construction materials. Unfortunately....well, you know. There are only two people on this board who might be above board. The rest are a regular thieves guild of grifters, con men, and shady disgraced politicians. What could go wrong?

We discussed this in the other thread. He was going to transfer funds. GoFundMe decided to refund the donors. I'm surprised they accepted these funds to begin with. Not at all surprised this happened.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

This "patriot" a hero of yours? Makes you all tingly? Just goes to show, just cause you got your ass blown off in a war, doesn't automatically make you a great human being. The great ones are the dead ones.

Jesus, Hank, please lighten a bit on bashing Kolfage until he does something plainly yucky in this deal. I agree, and have stated, that non-profits are sticky, and bear watching closely. I have run two in my past. One stayed clean, the other did not after I left office and eventually died. I have no idea where the money we raised ended up as a result. It was very irresponsible. But, as a Vet myself, I just ask you to lighten up on him until things prove out clearly. I share your doubts, though, and have to sigh. Not arguing with you beyond the wording. Until he does go dubious, this just makes you seem unfair, so a pretense of giving him rope will pay better, IMO.

I do not see why the funds raised could not have been donated to the wall as advertised, like any other large donation offered by citizens. This smokes. His chosen board also smokes. Politically, they might succeed or be a major factor, but that Board will make bank in the process I suspect. I think he has some good instincts, perhaps, but, he is now running with a few sharks who are way out of his league...

As for the great ones being dead, …. they are just dead. Nice guys and gals and ordinary people hoping for a good life who lost. Being military is to be well paid fodder and pawns and some lose.

JMO.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

We discussed this in the other thread. He was going to transfer funds. GoFundMe decided to refund the donors. I'm surprised they accepted these funds to begin with. Not at all surprised this happened.

Yeah he had no business transferring funds anywhere but to donate them as advertised. Certainly NOT to a private corporation. I am glad they did refund the money.

• Like 3

There was never a promise that the government would use this money for what it was intended to do. Supposedly, this guy was working with attorneys to set it up. Maybe it fell through and he decided to hire private contractors. Once he did that, GoFundMe had to issue refunds per their policy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Oops

5 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Jesus, Hank, please lighten a bit on bashing Kolfage until he does something plainly yucky in this deal. I agree, and have stated, that non-profits are sticky, and bear watching closely. I have run two in my past. One stayed clean, the other did not after I left office and eventually died. I have no idea where the money we raised ended up as a result. It was very irresponsible. But, as a Vet myself, I just ask you to lighten up on him until things prove out clearly. I share your doubts, though, and have to sigh. Not arguing with you beyond the wording. Until he does go dubious, this just makes you seem unfair, so a pretense of giving him rope will pay better, IMO.

I do not see why the funds raised could not have been donated to the wall as advertised, like any other large donation offered by citizens. This smokes. His chosen board also smokes. Politically, they might succeed or be a major factor, but that Board will make bank in the process I suspect. I think he has some good instincts, perhaps, but, he is now running with a few sharks who are way out of his league...

As for the great ones being dead, …. they are just dead. Nice guys and gals and ordinary people hoping for a good life who lost. Being military is to be well paid fodder and pawns and some lose.

JMO.

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yeah he had no business transferring funds anywhere but to donate them as advertised. Certainly NOT to a private corporation. I am glad they did refund the money.

How about all the poor saps that donated directly to him. There are quite a few as I recall. They wont be getting a refund and hav'nt at this time.

Edited by Hankenhunter

Go Fund Me is the only party in this who seems on the up and up :( 

Talk about naïve to talk to the attorneys after the fact. This was lame to begin with.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

How about all the poor saps that donated directly to him. There are quite a few as I recall. They wont be getting a refund and hav'nt at this time.

Trust in one hand and snit in the other, fool and his money, etc etc......

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Talk about naïve to talk to the attorneys after the fact. This was lame to begin with.

I hear you.

4 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Trust in one hand and snit in the other, fool and his money, etc etc......

Ya, nobody feels too sad for the the rubes, but what gets my goat, besides timberwolves, is that these ¥€%@#/#'s are going to get away with it.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I reckon they will come up with a nice chunk to donate, but it is a shell game and instead of ALL of it being donated, only some of it will be and the rest gone to operating expenses, ads, mailing expenses, travel...… :( 

12 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yes, GoFundMe does seem to be on the up and up. They refunded the money that was given to that homeless vet and the couple who conspired to raise money based on a bogus story. The vet was just arrested for not showing up for his court date, but that's another story. I was surprised they were taking all these fundraisers for the wall, ladders...there were a couple of them. This guy had stated on the fundraiser page that he had attorneys and government officials working with him. Maybe not, or they could not take private donations to use for this. How did this guy think he could build this wall on his own anyway? 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1