Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

24+ dead on Mexico border in cartel battle

The Caspian Hare

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican authorities say the death toll in a drug cartel shootout in the northern border state of Tamaulipas has risen to 24 with the discovery of the bodies of three more men.

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/death-toll-in-mexico-border-town-shootings-rises-to-24/1697452632

MEXICO CITY — Mexican authorities said Friday that a soldier and five attackers died in a clash between gunmen and an army patrol in the northern border state of Tamaulipas, bringing that state’s death toll in two days of presumed gang-related violence to 30.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/death-toll-in-mexico-border-shootings-rises-to-24/2019/01/11/0ada27ee-15aa-11e9-ab79-30cd4f7926f2_story.html

• Sad 2

My brother and his wife just got back from Mexico. They were told not to leave the safe zones. If you did, they washed their hands of you and you were on your own. They listened.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

My brother and his wife just got back from Mexico. They were told not to leave the safe zones. If you did, they washed their hands of you and you were on your own. They listened.

Yes makes sense. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Yes makes sense. 

Yet there were many people in the safe zone trying to talk the tourists into leaving it. My brother said there was one particularly loathsome guy that kept trying with offers of cheap entertainment. He didn't report it till he left as he was worried there would be retaliation from him.

• Like 2