Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forest ‘crop circles’ appear in Japan

Still Waters

An aerial photograph of a forest in Japan caused a stir on social media last month, as it appeared to show a pair of epic crop circles made out of trees.

A crop circle is an area of flattened crops, typically a cereal crop, which produces a regular, circular pattern that can be viewed from above. Interest in crop circles is a perennial feature of internet controversy, and many people believe them to be signs of extraterrestrial life or attempts at alien communication.

However, the appearance of these circles in a forest near Nichinan in Miyazaki Prefecture, Japan, left even the most avid conspiracy theorists lost for words. These enormous circles, visible from the sky, were not produced by the flattening of cereal crops. Rather, they were grown into the forest itself, and made completely out of trees.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2019/01/11/crop-circles/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna say....fake.

edit:   until I read the article...they were planted that way....

Edited by joc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

it's a shame the bleeding obvious has been revealed so early on in the thread.....

i was kinda looking forward to all the staunch believers drooling over it;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, joc said:

I'm gonna say....fake.

edit:   until I read the article...they were planted that way....

Kind of shows how the perpetual 'fake' claims of the so-called skeptics to about everything alleged to be paranormal or alien are really just automatic response behavior at this point..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't care for the way this thread and article was presented so deceptively by hiding the most important facts until later. 

Edited by papageorge1

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Kind of shows how the perpetual 'fake' claims of the so-called skeptics to about everything alleged to be paranormal or alien are really just automatic response behavior at this point..

Umm.. but it IS a fake ? So that "automatic response behavior" was proven correct ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.. but it IS a fake ? So that "automatic response behavior" was proven correct ? 

That's just terrible logic on your part.

It's not 'fake'. It was the result of an intentional experiment. My point was he had already assumed that it was not anything paranormal or alien before even knowing the facts, right? That showed a prejudice that may easily serve him wrong in the next case.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't care for the way this thread and article was presented so deceptively by hiding the most important facts until later. 

Because you would of said.

ALIENS! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Because you would of said.

ALIENS! 

I had immediately thought 'forestry experiment' as my leading theory.

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My point was he had already assumed that it was not anything paranormal or alien before even knowing the facts, right?

Maybe because it was blindingly obvious that it was not anything paranormal? Even before knowing the facts.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I had immediately thought 'forestry experiment' as my leading theory.

Now why don't I believe that?

1 minute ago, Stiff said:

Maybe because it was blindingly obvious that it was not anything paranormal? Even before knowing the facts.

What was 'blindingly obvious'?

I believe it, as it was posted by Still Waters under Natural :) 

PapaG does post elsewhere than paranormal :D 

Happy Saturday. I am stoked for the football games this weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit to add: 

Truth is, as artistic as the Japanese are, I honestly expected this to be a planned design by some family who held that land to enhance their gardens. My only wondering was they tend to more minimalism so I clicked to read the details.

I miss Japan :( 

Edited by Not A Rockstar
added more meanignless blather
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

PapaG does post elsewhere than paranormal :D 

Happy Saturday. I am stoked for the football games this weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the old papa so respects Drew Brees and will be rooting for him! Hall of Fame, here he comes.

• Thanks 1

I don't understand the point of the experiment.

Isn't it obvious that trees, that must share limited nutrition, water and sunlight, grow less than trees who have free access to it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What was 'blindingly obvious'?

Read the six words in the post that follow  'blindingly obvious'

Whenever there are 101 possible explanations, and at least one that is fully verifiable, then obviously ....... it's aliens.

But sheeple don't think.

1 hour ago, Stiff said:

Read the six words in the post that follow  'blindingly obvious'

I did originally and again. And I’ll stand by my question to you as a valid one.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I did originally and again. And I’ll stand by my question to you as a valid one.

Seeing as it's been answered twice now I find it hard to see what you're struggling with.

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That's just terrible logic on your part.

It's not 'fake'. It was the result of an intentional experiment. My point was he had already assumed that it was not anything paranormal or alien before even knowing the facts, right? That showed a prejudice that may easily serve him wrong in the next case.

No.  It was a case of reading all the facts  before jumping to a paranormal assumption.  Rather than, as you are prone to do, jumping to a paranormal assumption before reading all the facts ;)

Anyway, fact is this is as paranormal as your socks.

• Like 1

they are the result of a 45-year “experimental forestry” program run by scientists seeking to understand the way in which forests develop.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2019/01/11/crop-circles/

But they have not developed naturally, they have grown in the form man planted them. So without mans intervention, the trees in the forest would not have naturally developed this way.

Very artistic, if you are able to fly over them.

What next, get robots to cut them down?  

53 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Seeing as it's been answered twice now I find it hard to see what you're struggling with.

I am struggling to understand: How was it blindingly obvious it was not paranormal or alien BEFORE knowing of the forestry experiment?

You know, that question you have avoided twice so far.