Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House Terrorism committee to be replaced

RoofGardener

Words fail me. 

"...The Democrat who has taken over the House Foreign Affairs Committee has indicated that he will eliminate the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Terrorism and replace it with a subcommittee to investigate President Trump."

This is complete insanity. Indeed, it only makes sense if we assume that the Democrat in question supports terrorism against US citizens. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42091/keeping-america-safe-dems-want-replace-hank-berrien

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Words fail me. 

"...The Democrat who has taken over the House Foreign Affairs Committee has indicated that he will eliminate the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Terrorism and replace it with a subcommittee to investigate President Trump."

This is complete insanity. Indeed, it only makes sense if we assume that the Democrat in question supports terrorism against US citizens. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42091/keeping-america-safe-dems-want-replace-hank-berrien

Wait, politicians found out they can't solve terrorism problems by forming a committee?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

That is some serious Trumpian logic :lol:

Really though on the threat matrix what is of a higher priority, AKA what could do more damage,  a POTUS who may be working at the behest of a foreign nation or terrorism?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I'm going to call this "misconstrued."  According to a number of sources, the Daily Wire is a very right-wing site and frequently has clickbait articles based on misinormation or misconstrued stories: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Wire#Incorrect_stories

Ahhh... I shall note this for future refference. Thanks for the heads-up on that Kenemet. 

Hmm.. how about the New Yorker ? 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/the-international-crisis-of-donald-trump

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

That is some serious Trumpian logic :lol:

Really though on the threat matrix what is of a higher priority, AKA what could do more damage,  a POTUS who may be working at the behest of a foreign nation or terrorism?

Hmm.. good point Farmer77. 

On that basis, we should disband the FBI and replace it with a giant organisation dedicated to investigating President Trump. After all, a POTUS working at the behest of a foreign government could do FAR more damage than all the crime committed by criminals !!

Whilst we're at it, lets disband the various committees on Agriculture and replace THEM with Trump Investigation Committees. After all, surely a POTUS working at the behest of a foreign government could do FAR more damage than letting the population starve ? 

To disband the terrorism subcommittee seems perverse in the extreme to me. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

On that basis, we should disband the FBI and replace it with a giant organisation dedicated to investigating President Trump. After all, a POTUS working at the behest of a foreign government could do FAR more damage than all the crime committed by criminals !!

Again with the Trumpian logic....are you OK amigo?

I mean you do realize that there are multiple alphabet agencies committed to fighting terrorism right? Removing a single committee, AKA a layer of bureaucracy (hey wasnt that a Trump campaign promise?) , from those herding terrorists isnt really going to make a blip in terms of safety. 

This move especially makes sense since the house is stuck playing catch up in regards to Trump/Russia after Nunes and his team spent two years running cover for Trump.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Again with the Trumpian logic....are you OK amigo?

I mean you do realize that there are multiple alphabet agencies committed to fighting terrorism right? Removing a single committee, AKA a layer of bureaucracy (hey wasnt that a Trump campaign promise?) , from those herding terrorists isnt really going to make a blip in terms of safety. 

This move especially makes sense since the house is stuck playing catch up in regards to Trump/Russia after Nunes and his team spent two years running cover for Trump.

There are indeed many agencies investigating terrorism, Farmer77. 

But only ONE of them serves Congress ! Or are you saying that the Democrats would prefer NOT to be informed about terrorism ? Or that they would prefer that Congress isn't so informed, or has an independent investigative function ? 

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

But only ONE of them serves Congress ! Or are you saying that the Democrats would prefer NOT to be informed about terrorism ? Or that they would prefer that Congress isn't so informed, or has an independent investigative function ? 

Well off the top of my head I dont think youre correct about only one serving congress, ill have to google exact committee names, but do you think a committee has to have the word in its name in order for it to be involved with a subject?  I.E do we really need a committee dedicated to terrorism when there are already committees dedicated to overseeing those fighting it?

Second, although perhaps even more important than all of that is, im simply not terrified of terrorism and I think the nation is trending towards a more realistic outlook on it. The time when you could use that word to bully anyone into subservience on any issue has passed.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. good point Farmer77. 

Whilst we're at it, lets disband the various committees on Agriculture and replace THEM with Trump Investigation Committees. After all, surely a POTUS working at the behest of a foreign government could do FAR more damage than letting the population starve ? 

Pondering, what is this incredible act of treason that Trump has committed to service his master, Vlad?

Was it going against Putin in the Crimea? Was it Trump going against Russia ally, Syria?

Was it Trump releasing petrol reserves that lowered the cost of oil, really hurting Russia?

Was it Trump throwing out Russian diplomats in Washington?

Funny way to treat your Master, eh?   Meantime, Hillary gets a $140 million kiss from Vlad in the Uranium one deal, but hey!  "Nothing to see here, folks, keep moving"

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

6 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

POndering, what is this incredible act of treason that Trump has committed to service his master, Vlad?

IMO and I admit this is fully just me speculating.

IMO what Trump is doing for Vlad is working towards balkanization. Everything he has done has been done with a pretty blatant intent to further divide this nation and erode its institutions.   Every talking point he incessantly focuses on is one that we know Russia and Putin in particular believe will cause the fall of our nation. As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.

Of course you also have the sanctions fiascos Mnuchin Defends Plan to Lift Sanctions on Russian Oligarch’s Companies

And honestly now that we officially know (i mean we all knew just not officially) the FBI opened a cointel investigation into Trump after he fired Comey the question truly comes into play of whether that was done to obstruct on behalf of Team Trump or was that done on behalf of the Russians in the hopes of preserving their operations.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Was it Trump throwing out Russian diplomats in Washington?

Sure Trump kicked some individuals out but what he didnt do, which would have been normal,  was tell Russia they couldnt replace them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well off the top of my head I dont think youre correct about only one serving congress, ill have to google exact committee names, but do you think a committee has to have the word in its name in order for it to be involved with a subject?  I.E do we really need a committee dedicated to terrorism when there are already committees dedicated to overseeing those fighting it?

Second, although perhaps even more important than all of that is, im simply not terrified of terrorism and I think the nation is trending towards a more realistic outlook on it. The time when you could use that word to bully anyone into subservience on any issue has passed.

Farmer, answer me a simple question. 

Why disband this committee ? 

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

IMO and I admit this is fully just me speculating.

Speculating. I see. So in other words.. nothing obvious.  Thank you.

IMO what Trump is doing for Vlad is working towards balkanization. Everything he has done has been done with a pretty blatant intent to further divide this nation and erode its institutions.   Every talking point he incessantly focuses on is one that we know Russia and Putin in particular believe will cause the fall of our nation. As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.

ahhhh, that's not speculating, Farmer, that's fabricating.   Trump is breaking up America for Putin???    Ya.  And the cow jumped over the moon!! :rofl:

Of course you also have the sanctions fiascos Mnuchin Defends Plan to Lift Sanctions on Russian Oligarch’s Companies

And honestly now that we officially know (i mean we all knew just not officially) the FBI opened a cointel investigation into Trump after he fired Comey the question truly comes into play of whether that was done to obstruct on behalf of Team Trump or was that done on behalf of the Russians in the hopes of preserving their operations.

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Farmer, answer me a simple question. 

Why disband this committee ? 

Prioritization of resources.

• Like 1

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Speculating. I see. So in other words.. nothing obvious.  Thank you.

The goal of any asset is to cause as much damage or collect as much information as possible.

In this case, if thats what he is, we're looking at a potential 8 year investment made by the Russians. Of course nothing obvious would come in the first two, that would completely burn the asset when it could do a potential 6 more years of work.

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

ahhhh, that's not speculating, Farmer, that's fabricating.   Trump is breaking up America for Putin???

No thats speculating based on the available information. Combine Trump's actions (and his financial shenanigans) with what we know about Russian thought processes and boom you have solid grounds for speculation.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Prioritization of resources.

So then.. the Democrats regard terrorism as a 'lower priority'. ? 

MOST interesting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

So then.. the Democrats regard terrorism as a 'lower priority'. ? 

Lower than a "Manchurian Candidate" situation for sure.  Especially since as already established the government has innumerable resources allocated to tackling that particular problem (that kills less Americans annually than toddlers BTW)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Lower than a "Manchurian Candidate" situation for sure.  Especially since as already established the government has innumerable resources allocated to tackling that particular problem (that kills less Americans annually than toddlers BTW)

A "Manchurian Candidate" scenario that only exists in some peoples minds. Terrorism, on the other hand, happens every few months in the USA. 

So your happy to disband the ONLY committee in Congress that can investigate terrorism independently ? 

Hmmm..... priorities ? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

A "Manchurian Candidate" scenario that only exists in some peoples minds. 

Nah man its too late for that dismissiveness. There is too much there there to not have a thorough investigation.

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

So your happy to disband the ONLY committee in Congress that can investigate terrorism independently ? 

No not at all. Nothing about the current situation in Washington makes me happy in the least. I do believe however that based on the available evidence it is the proper decision to make.

• Like 2

Just now, RoofGardener said:

A "Manchurian Candidate" scenario that only exists in some peoples minds. Terrorism, on the other hand, happens every few months in the USA. 

Hmmm..... priorities ? 

It's not the only one:

And, per @Farmer77, the Sub-committee on environment looks like they were concerned about terrorism too:

Washington, D.C.  Energy and Commerce Ranking Member Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ) delivered the following opening remarks today at a Subcommittee on Environment hearing on “The Chemical Facilities Anti-Terrorism Standards Program (CFATS) – A Progress Report:”

https://energycommerce.house.gov/newsroom/press-releases/pallone-remarks-at-chemical-facilities-anti-terrorism-standards-hearing

That was from a quick search and clicking on a few links at https://www.house.gov/committees

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Nah man its too late for that dismissiveness. There is too much there there to not have a thorough investigation.

No not at all. Nothing about the current situation in Washington makes me happy in the least. I do believe however that based on the available evidence it is the proper decision to make.

I find that utterly incredible. I'm shocked. 

I think you are placing too much importance on this particular committee.   This one is just a sub-committee of the Committee of Foreign Affairs.  It's purview is rather limited.

Let's see if I can give you an example:  I am on a Job Safety Committee for my company for the state of Iowa.  It's just me and a guy over in Muscatine Iowa.  My company has other Safety Committees in other states.  If my company ends my committee, there are still plenty of other Job Safety Committees in the company and my company would not be abandoning efforts for a safe workplace.

• Like 2