Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mueller: Trump a Russian Asset?

Unusual Tournament

Mueller Is Investigating Trump as a Russian Asset

Friday night, the New York Times published a bombshell report that the FBI has been investigating whether President Trump “had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests.” 

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/01/mueller-investigating-trump-russian-asset.html

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

And if the NYT has both that information and been allowed to publish it, means the FBI either is conducting such an investigation and is finished OR it isn’t doing so at all.

• Haha 1

It wouldn't surprise me. He is more concerned with his own agenda, than he is concerned about uniting his own nation.

But, even if this suspicion was proven to be a fact, would his supporters abandon him? No way! They'd call it a conspiracy.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And if the NYT has both that information and been allowed to publish it, means the FBI either is conducting such an investigation and is finished OR it isn’t doing so at all.

The media doesn't need permission from any branch of government to publish anything. That is freedom of press.

The courts can, however, halt this, if it is deemed a matter of national security.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It got folded into the Mueller investigation.  The fact they aren't done yet means they still have more to dig up.  The fact that they didn't at least partially act already means that they haven't found anything America destroying.

I don't think Trump is/was an agent.  He is too erratic and unstable.  If there was an agent it would be someone close to him that could influence his behavior.  If that was the case, I'm sure the first things the intelligence/legal agencies did was remove that person.

I could be wrong though.  They could be letting them continue in the hopes of catching the whole network and giving them sufficient rope to hang themselves.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The media doesn't need permission from any branch of government to publish anything. That is freedom of press.

The courts can, however, halt this, if it is deemed a matter of national security.

However, the Press is expected to handle any sensitive information in a responsible manner.  That is the real crux of the President and The Press speech.

The New York Times article says that:  'Special Counsel Robert Mueller took over the inquiry into Trump when he was appointed, days after FBI officials opened it.' Since Mr. Mueller's investigation is ongoing, and its findings closely held, we have no way of knowing, yet, if Mr. Trump is a Russian asset, either intentionally, or unwittingly. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I don't think Trump is/was an agent.

The article clearly distincts between an agent and an asset. He is not suspected of being an agent.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

It wouldn't surprise me. He is more concerned with his own agenda, than he is concerned about uniting his own nation.

I doubt that very much, sci-nerd.  He is an American  patriot, IMO. He can do his agenda without throwing USA under the bus

29 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

But, even if this suspicion was proven to be a fact, would his supporters abandon him? No way! They'd call it a conspiracy.

Well, either I would turn on him, OR.. I'd say conspiracy. depends.  It's clear deep state has it out for him.

THe FBI is  investigating Trump for firing Comey??  But they won't investigate Comey for leaking info to MSM (his admittance) which is against the law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I doubt that very much, sci-nerd.  He is an American  patriot, IMO. He can do his agenda without throwing USA under the bus

A good and competent leader reaches out to the opposing part of the population, because he cares about his country as a whole. When has Trump ever done that?

IMO the US is already under the bus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

A good and competent leader reaches out to the opposing part of the population, because he cares about his country as a whole.

I don't remember Obama reaching out to people dead against his failed obamacare. now, even the dems want a remake of it.

When has Trump ever done that?

IMO the US is already under the bus.

we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I don't remember Obama reaching out to people dead against his failed obamacare. now, even the dems want a remake of it.

Very smart move. If you have no response, change the subject :D

• Like 4

Very smart move. If you have no response, change the subject :D

WHen do opposing parties work together? very rare.  Are the dems working with Trump on the wall, or *anything*??  no matter what he does, they are against

• Like 3

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

WHen do opposing parties work together? very rare.  Are the dems working with Trump on the wall, or *anything*??  no matter what he does, they are against

I'm not talking about parties working together. I'm talking about leadership

11 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

A good and competent leader reaches out to the opposing part of the population, because he cares about his country as a whole.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I hope he maintains the shutdown and also invokes his power to act in a national emergency.  They will immediately get one of their men in black to issue an injunction, of course, then while the case makes its way up the chain to the USSC, they can sweat the consequences of the shutdown.  They are NOT in control, they only act as if they are.  All it takes is a backbone to beat them.

• Like 2

does this corrosive nonsense ever end....?

Trump is an amazing individual to be able to do what he does with all the evil being directed at him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I think they got their information from recently released documents from the House investigation. It's definitely real. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

The article clearly distincts between an agent and an asset. He is not suspected of being an agent.

Eh, I see your point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, and then said:

I hope he maintains the shutdown and also invokes his power to act in a national emergency.  They will immediately get one of their men in black to issue an injunction, of course, then while the case makes its way up the chain to the USSC, they can sweat the consequences of the shutdown.  They are NOT in control, they only act as if they are.  All it takes is a backbone to beat them.

If he signs off on a national emergency then he won't have a reason to not sign off on the bills the Dems wrote reopening the government.  Then we get to wait a few years while the whole national emergency thing goes through the court system.  Heck, we still have cases pending over eminent domain from the last time we passed a "wall" bill. (2006)

• Like 2

Just something to chew on inre, collusion.

So far, I see nothing that indicates Trump is toeing the line for mother Russia. In fact, many things Trump has done in his tenure has greatly hurt Russia, yet the FBI  (Justice Department) is investigating Trump for being a Russian "asset".

During Barack Obama's tenure as POTUS, was Obama ever under FBI investigation for supplying guns to Mexican Drug Lords, aka Fast and Furious?  *Looks like* Obama did act in the drug lords favor by supplying them with American war hardware and since suspicions were there, that should have led to an investigation of Obama.

Yet we never saw an FBI investigation of Obama.   Amazing how that works, eh?    Two words... Deep State.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

It got folded into the Mueller investigation.  The fact they aren't done yet means they still have more to dig up.  The fact that they didn't at least partially act already means that they haven't found anything America destroying.

I don't think Trump is/was an agent.  He is too erratic and unstable.  If there was an agent it would be someone close to him that could influence his behavior.  If that was the case, I'm sure the first things the intelligence/legal agencies did was remove that person.

I could be wrong though.  They could be letting them continue in the hopes of catching the whole network and giving them sufficient rope to hang themselves.

fits perfectly in the blackmailable box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An article at the top of page one of my morning regional newspaper, via the New York Times, says: 'President Donald Trump has stepped back from declaring a national emergency to pay for the border wall, under pressure from congressional Republicans and his own lawyers and advisers...'

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Just something to chew on inre, collusion.

So far, I see nothing that indicates Trump is toeing the line for mother Russia. In fact, many things Trump has done in his tenure has greatly hurt Russia, yet the FBI  (Justice Department) is investigating Trump for being a Russian "asset".

During Barack Obama's tenure as POTUS, was Obama ever under FBI investigation for supplying guns to Mexican Drug Lords, aka Fast and Furious?  *Looks like* Obama did act in the drug lords favor by supplying them with American war hardware and since suspicions were there, that should have led to an investigation of Obama.

Yet we never saw an FBI investigation of Obama.   Amazing how that works, eh?    Two words... Deep State.

Trump has very strong ties to Russia that go back to 1987. would it be beyond the KGB to recruit an iconic American businessman? i think not. is the American deep state right to investigate someone that tip toes around Russia and does everything to help Russia indirectly like destroying NATO and the EU. are his actions in Syria and Afghanistan to America's advantage? No! personally, i think Trump is compromised and reading from a Russian script. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

well shutdowns favour American presidents. they usually get what they want. Clinton, Bush Jr, Carter and Reagan all played poker with the HoR and won. somehow i think Trump will not be so lucky as he has enemies even in his own party. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

personally, i think Trump is compromised and reading from a Russian script. 

you mean Russia wants to Make America Great Again and boost the US economy... 

what a dastardly plan - :ph34r:

• Haha 2