Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opioid deaths surpass motor vehicle accidents

Imaginarynumber1

That makes sense, more people can afford opiods than to drive, or afford the money to spend at the places where they have the need to drive to

~

• Like 3

It was only a matter of time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Every.

Single.

Night.

:(

And they won't address the real cause, pain management clinics, script happy doctors and drug companies pushing their trash and giving kickbacks. :hmm:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Piney said:

:(

And they won't address the real cause, pain management clinics, script happy doctors and drug companies pushing their trash and giving kickbacks. :hmm:

Also, treating drug addiction like a mental health issue and not a crime

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Build the wall !

You mean around the ports and airports where the flood of Chinese fentanyl that's killing everyone is coming from?

Or around the hospitals and doctors offices that prescribe opioids like candy that get people hooked in the first place?

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Build the wall !

The only thing coming from Mexico is weed and meth. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Locking them up doesn't help either, in most cases.  It may delay their suicide for a while but that's about it.  If the local medical and police authorities let it be known that they'll no longer attempt to revive overdoses, it might save more.  When people are hell-bent on self-destruction, there really aren't any good answers.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, and then said:

Locking them up doesn't help either, in most cases.  It may delay their suicide for a while but that's about it.  If the local medical and police authorities let it be known that they'll no longer attempt to revive overdoses, it might save more.  When people are hell-bent on self-destruction, there really aren't any good answers.

Their jobs are to save lives, not to decide who gets to live and die. They don't get to make that decision. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Their jobs are to save lives, not to decide who gets to live and die. They don't get to make that decision. 

I get that.  So do the addicts that use those services.  Those too far gone to make a choice any longer will die anyway but those who just got on the merry-go-round might still be able to seek help, maybe.  I've heard of some of these folks being reversed with Narcan multiple times in a single day.  Maybe we need to build and fund asylums so they can just be segregated until they can break free of the poison.  I guess then we'd be accused of enslaving people.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, and then said:

I get that.  So do the addicts that use those services.  Those too far gone to make a choice any longer will die anyway but those who just got on the merry-go-round might still be able to seek help, maybe.  I've heard of some of these folks being reversed with Narcan multiple times in a single day.  Maybe we need to build and fund asylums so they can just be segregated until they can break free of the poison.  I guess then we'd be accused of enslaving people.

You don't get it. I've seen you suggest multiple times that medical professional, law enforcement, EMS, just stop reviving OD's. You are advocating for people to stand by and watch while someone with a mental illness dies.

And people think i'm the ****ed up one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I was responding to this.  I'd say it was you who wants to treat them like criminals, no?  

1 hour ago, Piney said:

The only thing coming from Mexico is weed and meth. 

And the majority of Heroin coming into the USA :)

3 minutes ago, and then said:

A university cop told me they revived on guy 5 times in one week and they are overunning the budget because of it. A Millville cop told me they want to initiate a 3 strikes law because they are running out of money.

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You don't get it. I've seen you suggest multiple times that medical professional, law enforcement, EMS, just stop reviving OD's. You are advocating for people to stand by and watch while someone with a mental illness dies.

If somebody handed me a overdose kit and told me to save my mother. I'd throw it over my shoulder and walk away. My health issues stem from her habits and I learned to hate them because of this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You mean around the ports and airports where the flood of Chinese fentanyl that's killing everyone is coming from?

Or around the hospitals and doctors offices that prescribe opioids like candy that get people hooked in the first place?

Umm... yes... all of them !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

They made it in Camden when I was a kid and the majority of addicts started out on scripts. 

• Thanks 1

the habit may not be a crime by itself, but many addicts chose the life of crime to maintain their addiction. robberies, brake ins, theft...

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

Just now, aztek said:

the hobbit may not be a crime by itself, but many addicts chose the life of crime to maintain n their addiction. robberies, brake ins, theft...

what have you got against Hobbits ? 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, and then said:

I was responding to this.  I'd say it was you who wants to treat them like criminals, no?  

I literally said the exact opposite in the very line you quoted
Or at least I meant too. Poor wording.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Also almost all through legal ports of entry on the southern border

• Like 2

And my point is that there are NO good answers for helping people who are on a mission of killing themselves.  Long-term success is rare with addiction.  The resources that are required are expensive and politicians would rather spend the cash on more votes.  Those who traffic the stuff are the murderers.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

If somebody handed me a overdose kit and told me to save my mother. I'd throw it over my shoulder and walk away. My health issues stem from her habits and I learned to hate them because of this.

Are you a medical professional, ems, leo, etc who would be administering narcan as part of your job? Then not the same thing. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Also almost all through legal ports of entry on the southern border

Yup.. brick 'em up !