Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
preacherman76

Another crazy dream last night

preacherman76

Ok so this one really stood out to me as odd. I've lost some of it already, so I'm gonna try to get this down quick as I can. Unfortunately I wont be able to do it justice.

Dream starts out I'm talking to this Priest. I have no idea why but our conversation starts right out about him telling me about this girl who was currently in a mental hospital, that he believed was demonically possessed. He then asks me if I was willing to go see her. Strangely enough that sounded like a perfectly reasonable request, and next thing I know I'm walking through the door of this hospital. The Priest told me the girls name, and the name of the doctor who's care she was under. Neither of which I remember now. But during the dream I did, so I ask this women who was at the front counter where I could find them. She happily points to these double doors, and tells me to head down the stairs. So I head in that direction.

When I got through the doors, sure enough there was a stair case heading down. I soon discovered that there were many levels heading down. I just kept going further and further down these steps. I remember saying to myself how hard it was gonna be to climb back out of this place once I left. Here is where things start to get really strange.

Next thing I know my vision becomes slightly blurred. And continues to get more so after every stair level I descend. I finally got to the point where everything was a total blur. I couldn't see anything at all. Now up to this point I hadn't given any thought to what I was actually going to see, or what I was gonna do if this priest ended up being right about this girl.  Now I begin to think I'm under some type of spiritual attack. That this girl wasn't going to let me reach her but through utter blindness.

Well as far as I was concerned her mission was accomplished. I remember saying something like "ok screw this", and I turned around and began heading back up these stair cases. After just a couple levels my vision is restored. Soon as that is the case I see a door at the top of the next level that I was unable to see on the way down. It was the first door I've seen since beginning on the stair case, so I think to myself this must be where I was supposed to go, I gather my courage, and walk through the door.

It opens to this large hallway, where there are all kinds of people hanging around in hospital gowns. I can clearly see a good majority of them have serious mental problems. As I'm walking through the crowds, I can see that none of them far as I can tell where dangerous, so I continued forward.

Next thing I know I see this little boy who looked like he was from India. My heart just broke for him, cause he was the only child I could see in this mass group of people. I was horrified he was left to take care of himself among all these people. He was maybe 6 and had no sane adult supervision. Right away I pictured how horrified I'd be to find my own son of nearly the same age in such a situation.

So I walk right up to him and say "hey little man, how are you today?" He doesn't say anything to me, but is clearly happy for the attention. He is just starring up at me with this big shy kinda smile, when suddenly his big brown eye's turn blue, and cat like. Of course I'm taken back in shock. The kid then falls to the floor laying on his back and is just looking up at me with this intense look of hatred. He is also breathing really heavy. 

So of course I'm terrified, but I go right into my roll as someone who can apparently help the possessed. It didn't even occur to me I'm not in the least bit qualified to handle such a situation. Or that I'm a person who up till this point even necessarily believed this was even possible. So I start praying like in your typical exorcist movie, "Dear Lord deliver this child of the grip of evil", and a bunch of other exorcist type prayers begin spewing forth from my mouth.

Suddenly the kid stops breathing heavy, and just looks up at me laughing hysterically. Then in a deep scary as hell voice he say's to me something like ' Protect him from me? this is my child. These are all my children, I protect them from you'. I'm not sure if that was exact, but it was close. So I look up and about 10 people who had been standing close to us the whole time, are all looking at me in anger. Just before these people didn't seem like they could focus on anything, but they definitely could now, and they were focused on me.

At that point I figured I was in way over my head, and turned to run. I start heading towards this window that had a large group of people in front of it. I push my way through them, pull out this little pocket knife, and begin to try and pry the wires off the window to get out. I'm so focused on the task at hand I don't know if anyone had followed me.

Next thing I know this balding fat guy taps me on the shoulders and say's "hey man don't do that, they are gonna tie you down, then you wont even be able to run anymore". As I turn towards him, I catch a glimpse of my clothes, and I'm now in a hospital gown myself. With all these twists and turns in the dream, I'm really surprised I never became lucid. Anyhow, I'm horrified to find myself in these clothes. What the guy said to me made sense though, so I stop trying to get the window open and I just start running.

Things really get foggy from here, but I remember hiding in several different places, from bathroom stalls to empty offices and such. Best as I can tell that's where it ended.

Sorry it was so long, thanks to those who made it this far.

• Like 2

eight bits

I didn't follow what's happening at the end

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Things really get foggy from here, but I remember hiding in several different places, from bathroom stalls to empty offices and such. Best as I can tell that's where it ended.

Are you trying to escape from the place, or are you hiding from something or somebody pursuing you, or ...?

(And so much for the idea that big dreams have simple plots, lol.)

• Like 1

preacherman76
1 hour ago, eight bits said:

I didn't follow what's happening at the end

Are you trying to escape from the place, or are you hiding from something or somebody pursuing you, or ...?

(And so much for the idea that big dreams have simple plots, lol.)

I was trying to hide from the hospital staff. I felt like if I was found that I would have truly been a patient there. I was running from that as hard as I could. 

Its why I kept moving. I knew if I stayed put for any real length of time I’d be found and officially put away. Kinda felt like there was no way out of the building though, so instead of fleeing, I just kept moving. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Thanks 1

eight bits

Here's what I think. The imagery and characters are high-grade archetypal stuff, but you're not a naive dreamer. Unless I knew you well enough to eliminate that the theme didn't apply to something in your waking life, and of course I don't, then I can't really pursue it very far. We could talk about symbol amplification and all that, but I don't know that there isn't some surface reference to the dream.

The only thing I would recommend for your meditation is that I don't think it's accidental that you didn't go lucid, nor accidental that that was one of the things you noticed about the dream upon waking.

I don't know if that helps.

• Like 1