Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odd Images During Salon Visit

SteffiA

I recently went for a process which required my eyes to be closed for almost two hours.  Mind you I never fell asleep but during this process I saw only dark but then I started to see a bright but hazy light above me as if I was in a hole and looking up.  The closer I came to the hole  there was a gray haze but I was able to make out shapes, human shapes just no physical description.  They were all looking down at me.  There was no sound from them yet I didn’t panic.  Then the hole started to shrink and I was no longer able to see them.  My eyes remained closed for some time after this. Anyone have some input???  Who could they be???  I could draw an exact picture from memory .  I can still see the images to this day.

It's hard to tell if it was your imagination creating this or if you could have had a vision of a non-physical sub-plane of reality or whatever.

Generally, I tend to think when these things are permanently etched in your mind it is more likely that it was more than normal dream/imagination. 

It might be interesting to ask if other people at the spa have also had odd experiences. These things and portals are sometimes associated with a location.

Well I was in a spa setting and relaxed  so maybe I opened myself up to it unknowingly?  I’ve never had it before.  I do know I’m an Empath.  It’s burned into my mind, I can still see it as if it just happened .  Also it was only myself and the esthetician.

Edited by SteffiA

I would just chalk it up to something I saw in a meditative state. Maybe write it in a diary or journal to remember it and the date. Maybe later it will make sense, or never. I have many things I have seen over the years I don't have a clear explanation for even now.

Welcome to UM. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteffiA said:

Who could they be???

"They" are you imagination. 

You say you never fell asleep, but as your eyes were closed for two hours, it is very posible you did without knowing. 

Also

As pointed out, your brain will begin to compensate for lack of input and two hours is quite a while to keep your eyes closed. 

Also

There is a condition -  pseudoinsomnicacs.

i am pointing this out to show you that it is posible to think you are awake, when infact you had nodded of for a while. 

Pseudoinsomnia is a sleep disorder, even though people who suffer from it appear to have perfectly normal sleep patterns. When pseudoinsomnicacs fall asleep every night, they feel as if they are lying awake,

https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gizmodo.com/do-you-feel-like-youre-not-sleeping-even-when-you-are-1583034277/amp

It could be a number of things, the mind can play all sort of tricks especially when you are lying down with your eyes closed for two hours. 

My question to you is:   if you can remember, during the time you were "seeing" these things, did you at any stage open your eyes, close them again to see the same thing from where you left off?

Not in this instance but I have interrupted an instance and then was able to go right back in where I left off, several times once and unfortunately it was not pleasant 

Just now, SteffiA said:

Not in this instance but I have interrupted an instance and then was able to go right back in where I left off, several times once and unfortunately it was not pleasant 

1 hour ago, SteffiA said:

I’ve never had it before

You said you never had this before, but as you have had similar, it does appear it could be Pseudoinsomnia.

As you did not interupt it this time, it really does seem that you very likely had fallen asleep. As i have said, it is posible to think you were awake, when infact you had nodded off. 

have you ever had lucid dreams? 

6 hours ago, SteffiA said:

I recently went for a process which required my eyes to be closed for almost two hours.  Mind you I never fell asleep but during this process I saw only dark but then I started to see a bright but hazy light above me as if I was in a hole and looking up.  The closer I came to the hole  there was a gray haze but I was able to make out shapes, human shapes just no physical description.  They were all looking down at me.  There was no sound from them yet I didn’t panic.  Then the hole started to shrink and I was no longer able to see them.  My eyes remained closed for some time after this. Anyone have some input???  Who could they be???  I could draw an exact picture from memory .  I can still see the images to this day.

I don't know but when i had a near death  experience i saw a round light source and when i read your description i get the feeling you took a glimpse into the afterlife, but werent able to see more because it wasnt time. I noticed the eerie silence too. Personally i think you just experienced  an astral projection, a wandering spirit.

• Like 1

This process that you went through, did it involve being near an examination light? Is it possible that while you were so relaxed, someone swung the light over to see better? You may have experienced self hypnosis. I've felt the same thing on the beach, lying in the sand with the sun shining through my closed eyes. If there was no lights, then you may have caught a glimps of the gate. Put it on paper. Put in every thing you saw, and felt. Take a moment to calm yourself first. Then just let it flow onto the paper. I'm getting a curious picture in my minds eye, and I'm curious as to how they would compare. Use whatever medium you're comfortable drawing with. Cheers 

Hi

no exam room.  Just a normally lit room. I know I saw something.  I can draw it for you if you like.  It’s engrained in my mind.

Please do.

11 hours ago, SteffiA said:

Hi

no exam room.  Just a normally lit room. I know I saw something.  I can draw it for you if you like.  It’s engrained in my mind.

Please do. :) looking foreward to seeing it.

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Please do.

Please do. :) looking foreward to seeing it.

Follow the instructions I posted above for best results.