Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Painting Of Jesus

docyabut2

1 minute ago, ChrLzs said:

And here's a a version that isn't a clickbait site:

https://www.history.com/news/jesus-early-painting-discovery-israel

and you'll see *why* the OP's site didn't want to show you the 'image' until you had endured *multiple* slides full of ads...

Not exactly a great 'portrait'...

Thanks, I didnt even make it to the slide with the "painting" in the OP .

I think we may already have a thread on this.

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Not exactly a great 'portrait'...

How did they even notice it?

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I'll go you one better with a modern photograph with compelling story: Jesus Photograph

"On their next journey to Puttaparthi, Baba called them in for another interview and asked them whether they liked the picture. He then told them that this was a picture of Jesus Christ at the age of 28 or 29 when he left India to return to Jerusalem." 

What?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GoodReality said:

How did they even notice it?

"On their next journey to Puttaparthi, Baba called them in for another interview and asked them whether they liked the picture. He then told them that this was a picture of Jesus Christ at the age of 28 or 29 when he left India to return to Jerusalem." 

What?

What?? Jesus is held to have traveled during his formative years. Not sure what your question is.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

What?? Jesus is held to have traveled during his formative years. Not sure what your question is.

And they captured him in a photograph? Surely you understand my confusion with this claim 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

And there are still some pseudo-skeptics on this forum trying to argue that Jesus wasn't a real man, that he didn't exist.

Jesus didnt pose for the painting it was made ca 500AD

Writing of their discovery in the journal Antiquity, the researchers conclude that the image was painted in the sixth century A.D., and “belongs to the iconographic scheme of a short-haired Christ, which was especially widespread in Egypt and Syro-Palestine, but gone from later Byzantine art.”

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, GoodReality said:

And they captured him in a photograph? Surely you understand my confusion with this claim 

I had to reread it a couple of times but basically it was tradition for old churches in this region to paint pictures of Jesus' baptism. This isnt really a painting of Jesus, its an artists interpretation of what Jesus may have looked like done hundreds of years after Jesus himself was gone. 

Basically its just an ancient version of those tacky candles they sell at gas stations.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, GoodReality said:

Ahhh, now I understand better. Sai Baba is considered to have miraculous powers and imprinted the image on the film paranormally. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I had to reread it a couple of times but basically it was tradition for old churches in this region to paint pictures of Jesus' baptism. This isnt really a painting of Jesus, its an artists interpretation of what Jesus may have looked like done hundreds of years after Jesus himself was gone. 

Basically its just an ancient version of those tacky candles they sell at gas stations.

Farmer my friend. I think you are confused. @GoodReality was referring to my link in post #4.

• Thanks 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Farmer my friend. I think you are confused. @GoodReality was referring to my link in post #4.

DOH!!! ill just shut the hell up then..... my apologies to you and @GoodReality

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

DOH!!! ill just shut the hell up then..... my apologies to you and @GoodReality

No problem. That was you first confusion in the entire history of this forum!!!:D

• Haha 1

So somebody drew a picture of Jesus 500 years after his supposed lifetime. What exactly does this mean?

1236.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I dunno. It's a pretty big stretch to call that Jesus. Was it actually documented someone painted or drew this? Looks like pareidolia in both pics.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I'll go you one better with a modern photograph with compelling story: Jesus Photograph

Oy vey.

So we have an unidentified couple, a claim of a "miracle" photograph which is a perfect headshot, and no idea of when this happened, and people just believe it automatically. And where is the actual photo now? Did the 'couple' donate it to the people who claim it is authentic?

To me, the story behind the photo is about as compelling as the average religious glurge tale. Meaning not very.

• Like 2

Now I remember why that looks familiar.....its not Jesus in the painting its Humperdoo !!! (if you dont watch Preacher you're missing out)

DfMpkRCUYAAHM2E.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

And there are still some pseudo-skeptics on this forum trying to argue that Jesus wasn't a real man, that he didn't exist.

Because he probably didn't 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

Yes, that Photo of Jesus is entirely skeptic smiting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Ahhh, now I understand better. Sai Baba is considered to have miraculous powers and imprinted the image on the film paranormally. 

Of course that explains it.... magic. :innocent:

Why did we ever need to develop film in the old fashioned way, with darkrooms and developing fluid, if we could just do it paranormally ?

The fact that photography didn't exist until the mid 19th century is not a show stopper for you is it ?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

White Jesus! 

Yeah....that looks like a real Middle Easterner. :lol:

• Like 3