Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Painting Of Jesus

docyabut2

23 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Holy ****, dude. You will literally believe anything.

To be fair he doesn't believe everything, just anything that is paranormal. His standard of evidence seems to be "If science can't prove it, it's true"

• Like 6

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I'll go you one better with a modern photograph with compelling story: Jesus Photograph

...wait is that the website of some cult/self-appointed "guru"?

Edited by Orphalesion
typo
  • Like 4

To the best of my knowledge there are no desciptions of what Jesus looked like in the bible, so any depictions of him is purely conjectual. Most often Jesus is show looking like the people who made the image. This is why he can be white in the west, brown in the Middle East and black in Africa. They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong !

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

And there are still some pseudo-skeptics on this forum trying to argue that Jesus wasn't a real man, that he didn't exist.

He would not have been known as Jesus for starters. As Jesus is not a hebrew name.

I believe there were many men like him. We know that he was not the first and only man to die on the cross. We also know not everyone was in favour of the Jewish elite.

It was a time to come up with a new religion, but there had to be a story behind and this was it.

I believe there were men like Jesus, but instead of writting about all of them, it was easier to come up with one figure, add a bit of god and son thing. People have been writing stories for centuries, the Jesus story was not a biography, and anyone who believes it is, is imo, being very naive. 

Have you ever heard of the term 'i am Spartacus"  and have you ever heard about "The unknown soldier" ? Both based on uniting many men together into one. This i believe is exactly what the "jesus" story was based on too.

Jesus can look like what ever the believer wants him to, there are no rules and there are no pictures of an actual Jesus, because, he was not one man, he was the idea of many.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And here's a a version that isn't a clickbait site:

https://www.history.com/news/jesus-early-painting-discovery-israel

and you'll see *why* the OP's site didn't want to show you the 'image' until you had endured *multiple* slides full of ads...

Not exactly a great 'portrait'...

Good post.  Not a great image, but he looks at bit like Alexander with a jewfro in my mind.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Oy vey.

So we have an unidentified couple, a claim of a "miracle" photograph which is a perfect headshot, and no idea of when this happened, and people just believe it automatically. And where is the actual photo now? Did the 'couple' donate it to the people who claim it is authentic?

To me, the story behind the photo is about as compelling as the average religious glurge tale. Meaning not very.

Something tells me you would react similarly to any religious miracle story. There are answers to each of your questions above but I don't think you are interested.

4 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Of course that explains it.... magic. :innocent:

Why did we ever need to develop film in the old fashioned way, with darkrooms and developing fluid, if we could just do it paranormally ?

The fact that photography didn't exist until the mid 19th century is not a show stopper for you is it ?

I answered that question above explaining: Sai Baba is considered to have miraculous powers and imprinted the image on the film paranormally. 

But from your attitude above you will think this is a conspiracy to deceive. Well, I don't. And I have spent thousands of hours studying the central figure in this story Satya Sai Baba.

4 hours ago, Piney said:

White Jesus! 

Yeah....that looks like a real Middle Easterner. :lol:

Actually, when I first saw the photograph my thought was how it reminded me of a co-worker who happens to be ethnically Palestinian.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Now I remember why that looks familiar.....its not Jesus in the painting its Humperdoo !!! (if you dont watch Preacher you're missing out)

DfMpkRCUYAAHM2E.jpg

For some strange reason, I'm feeling slightly ................................violated! :o  :cry:  

Sorry, I don't know if that is the best way to describe it, (it's obvious I don't watch the show, and is a U.S. citizen) but I feel like his 'stare' is going right through me and doing wonky things to my inside. 

I'm melting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Nope not everything.

Satya Sai Baba is a subject I am extremely knowledgeable in. And cynics carp without knowledge.

4 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

...wait is that the website of some cult/self-appointed "guru"?

Nope. It is the website about an avatar that I am extremely familiar with.

while cynics carp without knowledge .

So, from what I understand up to this point in my life, (my secular life), there really wasn't a 'capture', a description, a rendering of Jesus, until hundreds of years after he 'death'. Was there? 

For me, from has been shown and looked upon of his 'likeness', being done eons after 'the fact', I am assuming there is going to be 'misinterpretations'. Hell, even pictures captured of people and at the earliest times of photography, I see these pictures are assumed to be of one thing or person, and I see them get 'corrected' years later. Wasn't that like that for the Amelia Earhart picture, assumed to be of her after her disappearance?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Nope not everything.

Satya Sai Baba is a subject I am extremely knowledgeable in. And cynics carp without knowledge.

Sorry how old was he when he died?  Not 96!

Have a read about him from a different angle

May it be an eye opener for the millions of gullible people whom he misguided and deluded

https://newhumanist.org.uk/articles/2547/india-would-have-been-a-better-place-without-sathya-sai-baba

But before we continue, can i just clarify we are discussing the same person, as you say Satya Sai Baba,  and yet i can only find Sathya Sai Baba. I am assuming you know how to spell his name correctly as you are extremely knowledgeable  about him?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Sorry how old was he when he died?  Not 96!

Have a read about him from a different angle

But before we continue, can i just clarify we are discussing the same person, as you say Satya Sai Baba,  and yet i can only find Sathya Sai Baba. I am assuming you know how to spell his name correctly as you are extremely knowledgeable  about him?

The usual. If you only cherry-pick anti-Sai sources you can get the only reason you really went to the internet for.

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Nope not everything.

If you're "knowledgeable" about a subject, I'm sure it's a waste of time

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

No. Not true.

There are plenty of common sense, rational things papa will completely turn his nose up at. But mention fairies, demons, or "psychic" phenomena, and he'll trust unthinkingly and absolutely. Those hobgoblins I sent to sell him the Brooklyn Bridge worked a treat. 

--Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

If you're "knowledgeable" about a subject, I'm sure it's a waste of time

Talk about a waste of time .......see above post

Edited by papageorge1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Talk about a waste of time .......see above post

I am very knowledgeable in wasting time

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

9 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

To be fair he doesn't believe everything, just anything that is paranormal. His standard of evidence seems to be "If science can't prove it, it's true"

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

No. Not true.

There are plenty of common sense, rational things papa will completely turn his nose up at. But mention fairies, demons, or "psychic" phenomena, and he'll trust unthinkingly and absolutely. Those hobgoblins I sent to sell him the Brooklyn Bridge worked a treat. 

--Jaylemurph 

He should be called "SuckaGeorge".

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

gee guys pictures of Jesus is found,  all those pictures of him in short curly hair.:) 

977200-13-20160117073856.jpeg

Then it must be true. Don't forget they include a head, and face which lends it more credence.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MERRY DMAS said:

Then it must be true. Don't forget they include a head, and face which lends it more credence.

wish people also could see it, even  Edgar Cayce sees it :)

http://new-age-spirituality.com/wordpress/content/588

The Master's hair is 'most red, inclined to be curly in portions, yet not feminine or weak - STRONG, with heavy piercing eyes that are blue or steel-gray.

5. His weight would be at least a hundred and seventy pounds. Long tapering fingers, nails well kept. Long nail, though, on the left little finger.

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

wish people also could see it, even  Edgar Cayce sees it :)

http://new-age-spirituality.com/wordpress/content/588

The Master's hair is 'most red, inclined to be curly in portions, yet not feminine or weak - STRONG, with heavy piercing eyes that are blue or steel-gray.

5. His weight would be at least a hundred and seventy pounds. Long tapering fingers, nails well kept. Long nail, though, on the left little finger.

Have you heard the good news of the Urantia Book?

Klatu Barada Urantia Nikto (translation: Read the Urantia Book, or face annihilation)

gort.jpg

• Haha 3