Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Geothermal induced haunting?

ValhallaViolet

Hello!! I'm new to this site and came here specifically to find out if anybody could corroborate my thoughts on this specific subject. I'm pretty well versed in the paranormal and have seeing gifts. My home was built about 6 years ago on some pretty interesting land...lol. I could go into lots of detail on the subject but to keep it to the point I have very strong feelings toward the fact that when we dug our geothermal heat unit, it caused a (not so much increase) but almost spirit 'awakening' on our property. I've searched and searched SO much to find info on the subject of geothermal units causing an increase in spirit activity because it makes sense to me (knowing the basics of how they function) but cannot find one shred of anyone with the same experiences! I'd love to see if I could get thoughts, comments, similar stories?? 

Interesting. Some things leap to mind but let me do some research first. Interesting question. The preliminary "leaps" are that the unit itself may be contributing for a couple reasons but I need to check some things first as what I am seeing doesn't make sense to me. 

• Thanks 1

I'd check for strong magnetic fields and natural gas, before going paranormal. They are both known to create hallucinations.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I'd check for strong magnetic fields and natural gas, before going paranormal. They are both known to create hallucinations.

These are the things I go to first. I have checked ... nothing strong with emf around our home. We actually live out in the middle of nowhere. My husband is a lineman for an electric company as well... we don't even have telephone wiring. Lol obviously we have electric but as far as an over load of things that cause high emf I've found nothing. Hallucinations don't grab your leg at 2 a.m. and throw it against your kids bed frame causing serious bruising. Not trying to be a smart a** but I didn't go into detail on the issue which is my fault its well beyond hallucinatory... I know you're trying to be helpful!! Thank you!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Interesting. Some things leap to mind but let me do some research first. Interesting question. The preliminary "leaps" are that the unit itself may be contributing for a couple reasons but I need to check some things first as what I am seeing doesn't make sense to me. 

Thanks! I can give more details on the subject too. It's just a LOT to type out. I know for a fact its active spirits on the land. Multiple actually... one set is about 14 Miami Native Americans. It's just crazy cuz of the timing of these occurrences (not always) but many times lining up with the geothermal turning on. AND... it turning on when it's not needed. Not just hallucinatory occurrences but physical... and audible. The one specific time I'm thinking of wasn't a thump, knock or scratch... as the usual noises go (lol) I was home ALONE late afternoon, I heard it kick on and LOUD from my basement stair well was a laugh. Not really your typical creepy story laugh but a normal laugh.   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ValhallaViolet said:

I have checked ... nothing strong with emf around our home.

Did you check for gas leaking from the ground too?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ValhallaViolet said:

Hallucinations don't grab your leg at 2 a.m. and throw it against your kids bed frame causing serious bruising.

Gas could explain that, if you're unaware what's going on. It could knock you out for a few seconds, and give you the feeling of your legs being pulled.

• Like 1

Just to cover all the bases, Violet, have you run a check for radon? This house and installation is a new build?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Just to cover all the bases, Violet, have you run a check for radon? This house and installation is a new build?

Yes! And we have a radon detector!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ValhallaViolet said:

Multiple actually... one set is about 14 Miami Native Americans.

Who verified this? It feels like just one and it isn't NDN. 

12 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Gas could explain that, if you're unaware what's going on. It could knock you out for a few seconds, and give you the feeling of your legs being pulled.

No that I know of. I mean we have radon and co detectors. We've never done a check for natural gas or anything but I've never noticed a smell. My husband and father in law built our home so I know he knows how to check for gas issues... but wouldn't hurt to snoop for natural gas leaks even though I don't smell anything. Ya know? This particular instance shook me up pretty bad, I was laying on the floor next to my daughters bed when she was sick one night. I didn't feel anything odd so to speak ... then I heard footsteps in the hallway. I turned my head to look and my ankle was grabbed hard and thrown with serious force into her bed frame. Up to that point I've never had anything physical happen to me like that and I was p***ED! I was like not in my house!! Lol I got up and started blessing the home and other things... since then I've not felt that particular entity come back but other things have started to surface and its just odd!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ValhallaViolet said:

since then I've not felt that particular entity come back but other things have started to surface and its just odd!! 

It's the same one. Trust me. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Who verified this? It feels like just one and it isn't NDN. 

that is the aggressor you are picking up on, @Piney  I think he is using masks and some latent energies around to get some groceries if he can.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

that is the aggressor you are picking up on, @Piney  I think he is using masks and some latent energies around to get some groceries if he can.

Just latent, the water pipes as a power line, I don't feel any sleepers and he's posing as more than one entity. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Just latent, the water pipes as a power line, I don't feel any sleepers and he's posing as more than one entity. 

sorry, this is what I mean by masks. I forget that term has deeper meaning for you. He changed out masks on me a couple times until he saw it didn't matter. I am checking with the OP to see what she really wants done. This can go a few ways, easily, just is her choice.

Easy peasy for once.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, ValhallaViolet said:

I was laying on the floor next to my daughters bed

So you were lying on the floor when your leg was pulled?

1 hour ago, ValhallaViolet said:

Ndn?

It's what Indians call Indians. :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dad's house is in an area with a bit of geothermal activity and his house seemed haunted. There were loud footsteps walking up the stairs and the most dreadful presence but after he remodeled it stopped. I mean who knows what your occurences could be due to when we dont know how they happen, but if you have geothermal activity does this mean there are hot springs on/near your property? The thing is, I've never been to a hot spring that didnt have many arrowheads, village settlements remains and such around them.  People always like living by the hot water and if you believe in ghosts then these places all have long histories of human habitation.

Edited by Nnicolette