Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yellow Vests Plan Bank Run

OverSword

French grassroots political movement the Gilets Jaunes — Yellow Vests — is planning a bank run similar to Bitcoin’s (BTC) Proof of Keys, sources revealed on social media Jan. 7.

Dubbed the “Collectors’ Referendum,” the latest demonstration by the movement calls on supporters to withdraw all their savings and other deposited cash from financial institutions on Saturday.

Speaking in a video uploaded to Facebook, an activist known only as Tahz San said the gesture aimed to “scare this (French) state completely legally and without any violence, yet more effectively than ever expected” throughout the history of the Gilet Jaunes movement.

“It’s our elected officials’ worst nightmare,” he added.

Link

This takes the expression vote with you dollars to a whole new level.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Link

This takes the expression vote with you dollars to a whole new level.

Start acting in unison to negatively affect the economy through refusal to pay taxes or by causing banks to lose business and the government is going to quickly come down on this movement.  Or try to do, anyway.  I hope the Progs who so badly want to regain control of the U.S. government are watching this closely because they may be next when they when they attempt to use the levers of spending, taxing and legislation against those who dissent from their agenda.  They're quickly going to learn that they serve at our sufferance, not we at theirs.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Here's the article's source, a Facebook post that has had just over a thousand "likes" and 12k shares since January 6th.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2204398133155767/permalink/2204402429822004/

Is 12k Facebook shares impressive?  (UM is the only "social media" I'm involved with)

I'm not sure, either but I don't think that would be impressive for a country-wide effort.  It could always grow, however.  I hope they find some leadership that will use wise tactics and stays away from activities that will give the government justification to beat a lot of protesters down or incarcerate them.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, and then said:

I hope the Progs who so badly want to regain control of the U.S. government are watching this closely

I hope they're watching closely when the French start putting the guillotine to their politicians and bankers :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, and then said:

Start acting in unison to negatively affect the economy through refusal to pay taxes or by causing banks to lose business and the government is going to quickly come down on this movement.  Or try to do, anyway.  I hope the Progs who so badly want to regain control of the U.S. government are watching this closely because they may be next when they when they attempt to use the levers of spending, taxing and legislation against those who dissent from their agenda.  They're quickly going to learn that they serve at our sufferance, not we at theirs.  

it will not take long until gvmnt criminalizes this behavior, if it affects any bank

• Like 2