Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100% doppelganger

qxcontinuum

Hi

i have been let informed that a 100% identical physiognomy  match has been seen in a 350 years old paining. I went to see it  in a museum and indeed the match is incredible! The lady who saw me looking at that paining almost fainted. She though the paining is a scam afterwords... 

I see myself in that paining, furthermore my phone detection software unlocks the phone while pointing towards the photo. It is in other words me there but 350 years ago. Even the eye defect i have (one bigger than another is present). 

Any thoughts ? Reincarnation, simple coincidence, a relative from the past? I have done my DNA test and the person is from another nation and culture than that of my original ancestors...  

It must mean you will eventually travel back 350 years. 

Please do not mess things up when you get there.

• Haha 9

There are only so many ways a person can look, and with more than 70 billion already to have existed, very close similarities are bound to appear. Like those bearded guys on a plane!

https://www.today.com/news/man-takes-doppelganger-selfie-after-meeting-twin-stranger-plane-t53281

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

my phone detection software unlocks the phone while pointing towards the photo. 

I wonder how likely that is to occur but I don't have the technical expertise on the subject. You would think it is designed precisely to prevent just such a thing.

I'm guessing you don't want to reveal yourself, so, unless you get a Justice of the Peace or similar to witness the events....
... cool story, bro.

PS - I'd love to know how that 100% was derived mathematically.  Did PapaG help out, perhaps ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

dopplebock.jpg.69edbc999b12ab27721a5e21e81cf700.jpg

oh wait....my bad...I misread the title of the thread....never mind....

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

...my phone detection software unlocks the phone while pointing towards the photo.

Oh, by the way, next time make sure you are using the right lens, ie the one that isn't facing you....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

i would love to do that but can't reveal myself publicly. Twins can see differences between themselves, someone could say; hey this person looks similar but they can still distinguish differences.

Edited by qxcontinuum

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:11 PM, qxcontinuum said:

Hi

i have been let informed that a 100% identical physiognomy  match has been seen in a 350 years old paining. I went to see it  in a museum and indeed the match is incredible! The lady who saw me looking at that paining almost fainted. She though the paining is a scam afterwords... 

I see myself in that paining, furthermore my phone detection software unlocks the phone while pointing towards the photo. It is in other words me there but 350 years ago. Even the eye defect i have (one bigger than another is present). 

Any thoughts ? Reincarnation, simple coincidence, a relative from the past? I have done my DNA test and the person is from another nation and culture than that of my original ancestors...  

No pictures, no evidence, no way to ascertain the veracity of the claim.

cool story, bro. and 100% crappe.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2019 at 11:43 AM, ChrLzs said:

I'm guessing you don't want to reveal yourself, so, unless you get a Justice of the Peace or similar to witness the events....
... cool story, bro.

PS - I'd love to know how that 100% was derived mathematically.  Did PapaG help out, perhaps ?

IF it unlocked the phone there is a high percentage of matching features.

Modern systems range from 85% accuracy for the FBI's system, to 97% for some social media and phone systems, such as "Deepface".  

Edited by Mr Walker

On 1/15/2019 at 6:11 PM, qxcontinuum said:

Hi

Just a coincidence.

Pretty cool none the less. 

I have a brother who's phone I can unlock with my face.   We aren't twins.  

Now it is possible that it is a distant relative.   The DNA tests are far from accurate.  People travel.   Lots of variables.   

I assume you were exaggerating a bit  about the lady almost fainting.  I can see her saying something like - "Wow, that looks just like you"!

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, qxcontinuum said:

i would love to do that but can't reveal myself publicly. Twins can see differences between themselves, someone could say; hey this person looks similar but they can still distinguish differences.

Are you in witness protection?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, qxcontinuum said:

i would love to do that but can't reveal myself publicly.

Because...?

Are you a famous world personality? Will everyone instantly recognize you?

Or is this just a play at "Look at me!"?

On 1/16/2019 at 11:13 AM, ChrLzs said:

... cool story, bro.

(2 eyes + 2 ears + Nose + Mouth) / (2 eyes + 2 ears + Nose + Mouth) = 1

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Because...?

Are you a famous world personality? Will everyone instantly recognize you?

Or is this just a play at "Look at me!"?

Many people, myself included, try to keep a degree of separation between online activities and real life 

For many their work makes it a necessity. Others just feel safer  These days it doesn't  worry me so much But when teaching i kept the two very separate.   In some counties there are also odd laws that can land you in gaol for what you put on line (like saying god doesn't exist or that the king is a bit thick) Many women and children have been stalked assaulted and even murdered because they divulged details of their lives online to people who turned out to be predators 

it also depends a bit on the nature and clientele of a site. When i was geocaching under a  user name, i never bothered hiding my real identity or address,  I had people drop in from all over Australia, and even the world, as they passed by (to chat or get hints on the local geocaches)  We shared a common interest  and they were basically safe On a site like this I hate to say it but there are many extreme views  and strange people, and a lot of emotions are raised,  and i would be lees likely  to reveal who i was or where i lived. :)   

Edited by Mr Walker

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Many people, myself included, try to keep a degree of separation between online activities and real life 

Many people, when they make an outrageous claim, tend to back it up with some sort of evidence.

What this OP has done is make a song & dance story about the "weird crazy supernatural" stuff, and then point blank refused to provide corroboration, other than his dubious word.

It is hardly surprising that YOU would leap to his defense, since you routinely make grand assertions without evidence as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A time traveler of my acquaintance.

Time trippin .jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Many people, when they make an outrageous claim, tend to back it up with some sort of evidence.

What this OP has done is make a song & dance story about the "weird crazy supernatural" stuff, and then point blank refused to provide corroboration, other than his dubious word.

It is hardly surprising that YOU would leap to his defense, since you routinely make grand assertions without evidence as well.

i hadn't finished posting.  Read the whole post for my reasoning. 

one point is that IF the crazy stuff is true, then while it might be ok to reveal it online  he may not want work or family knowing about it

I had a good reputation a t work but was considered a bit  unusual because of my abilities, like finding stuff for people, or knowing things about them that i shouldn't have known, or visiting  them in dreams and winning all the raffles and lotteries.  But if they had know ALL of my life, it might have been quite confronting to work with a person  who lived with a god and angels :) 

The y already thought it strange that i didn't smoke drink or swear   

Edited by Mr Walker

Intriguing indeed! Although probably nothing more than a wild coincidence I prefer a more supernatural explanation. Life's more interesting that way.

On 2019-01-19 at 3:28 AM, Jodie.Lynne said:

Time trippin .jpg

Great post Jody!

That is exactly the kind of match I am talking about. Seeing myself in another era. The question remains: is it coincidence, are there any metaphysics involved? What's causing the dopplegangarism ? Are we sharing the same genes, are we made by ancient copies that somethings every couple Generations they just come back? 

On 19/01/2019 at 1:28 AM, Jodie.Lynne said:

Time trippin .jpg

200.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

The question remains: is it coincidence,

It is posible to look like someone you are not related too. Considering the amount of humans who have lived and do live on this planet.

DNA and fingerprints would be the give away that a lookalike is not you, our faces are not that unique.

Obviously you are not going to get the lady in the pictures DNA or fingerprints, so put it down to a cool story and you found someone from the past whom  you look like,  today.

But fainting? Really, why did that lady think it was a scam, has she never seen people who resemble others?...obviously not.

As for your phone, well ofcourse if you both look the same, the phone will not tell the difference ( shows how they are not that secure, be thankful it was a picture and the woman is long gone.)

• Like 1