Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100% doppelganger

qxcontinuum

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

Great post Jody!

That is exactly the kind of match I am talking about. Seeing myself in another era. The question remains: is it coincidence, are there any metaphysics involved? What's causing the dopplegangarism ? Are we sharing the same genes, are we made by ancient copies that somethings every couple Generations they just come back? 

The answer really depends on if you are seeking serious scientific reasons, or if you are predisposed to woo-science.

Genetics may play a huge role, notice the similarity in family members. Also, there are only so many ways in which a human's facial characteristics can be formed, else we would all be as individual as snowflakes. Ever notice a vague resemblance between a family member or friend to a celebrity?

And for further info, the young lady in the photo I posted is my daughter, who as a child resembled her mother to an incredible degree, and later resembled me before becoming her own person. Her eyes are much larger "doe eyes" than any member of her mother's or my family, for example.

• Like 2

Finally.... :D readers are advised to read reviews of face recognition software.....

Any questions?  I mean naturally, designers of such software have quite a challenge - they must be concerned about different lighting, you growing a beard or having a different hairdo, facelift or even a bruising...  .... but you know what really amazed me?  It's when I found out that some of this software doesn't actually require a 3D face - so it will happily recognise you from a photo...

If you think that's reasonable, may I suggest you think a little harder?  Anyways, my point is that some face recognition software, even on some rather expensive phones, is absolute rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's unusual at all. Apparently I have a twin that I have never seen too. Three times that I can remember, a stranger has walked straight up to me, greeted me by name, and started conversing. Due to my puzzled look and no knowledge of the aspects of the discussion being had revealed that I have a twin. With the same name who plays guitar as well, but apparently left handed, I'm right handed. I also didn't have a tattoo at the time, which was the only clincher for the strangers who approached me.

Same age, same name, same interests. He must be a top bloke.

But I'm obviously not existing twice at once, so just maybe your discovery just might be a coincidence?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I don't think it's unusual at all. Apparently I have a twin that I have never seen too. Three times that I can remember, a stranger has walked straight up to me, greeted me by name, and started conversing. Due to my puzzled look and no knowledge of the aspects of the discussion being had revealed that I have a twin. With the same name who plays guitar as well, but apparently left handed, I'm right handed. I also didn't have a tattoo at the time, which was the only clincher for the strangers who approached me.

But I'm obviously not existing twice at once, so just maybe your discovery just might be a coincidence?

Great, NZ has war-goats AND clones?

Ya see? It's always the quiet countries you have to watch out for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That might make an interesting poll subject, has anyone ever mistaken you for someone else, and was hard to convince that you were not that person. It has certainly happened to me several times, and it can be amusing, or annoying, like the time in a supermarket some bloke demanded to know what he had done to so upset me, that I now "pretended" not to know him. That ended when his wife literally dragged him away, but I still wonder why I just didn't whip out some ID. He'd have probably just said, "oh, I see you have changed your identity too".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Great, NZ has war-goats AND clones?

Ya see? It's always the quiet countries you have to watch out for.

LOL 

OI OI OI :)

aussie+aussie+aussie+oi+oi+oi.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

That might make an interesting poll subject, has anyone ever mistaken you for someone else, and was hard to convince that you were not that person. It has certainly happened to me several times, and it can be amusing, or annoying, like the time in a supermarket some bloke demanded to know what he had done to so upset me, that I now "pretended" not to know him. That ended when his wife literally dragged him away, but I still wonder why I just didn't whip out some ID. He'd have probably just said, "oh, I see you have changed your identity too".

Good idea! 

I agree. That's two of us already, and from what I gather Walker is often mistaken for Greek God's and Superman, so that sort of like 4 already ;)

But seriously, good idea. Might prove interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I knew there'd be trouble when Jodie placed psyche in New Zealand :)

I'm in. I have several doubles. When I was growing up, I was repeatedly mistaken for what could well have been the same guy (from the bits and pieces of his activities shared by the people who mistook me for him). The minimally "spooky" one is that now I'm up where there just aren't that many people, and I'm mistaken for somebody in the neighborhood whom I've never seen. He walks a dog (some people ask "what happened to your dog?" and I bite, because I do walk dogs, but the dog he walks is a yellow Lab, and I've never walked a yellow Lab around here ... more "spooky," um, I think I know all the dogs around these parts, including the yellow Labs and their human companions - none of whom looks remotely like me).

I also have two hits from photographs, both shown to me by friends. One was a color newspaper picture of a minor town official from someplace way north of here, greeting his constituents (all three of them). Dead ringer (including non-genetic features like body weight, facial hair and grooming style). The "spookier" one was a photograph of a teenager taken at a public park - a dead ringer for me at 17 (also including non-genetic features as they were then)

I think instead of a time traveler, I'll fancy myself a multidimensional being manifesting multiply across space and time. That has a nice ring to it, I think. Unfortunately, as the photographic evidence would only too plainly atttest, I can't pass for a Greek god, not as a randy teenager and not now. Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2019 at 7:28 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

A time traveler of my acquaintance.

Time trippin .jpg

Any relation to Sarah McLachlan? 

5c504d291ad45_sarahmclachlan.jpg.095b1ac9d4ac1113692e45d5fa07cc8e.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 5:18 PM, MERRY DMAS said:

It must mean you will eventually travel back 350 years. 

Please do not mess things up when you get there.

I'll give you credit, at least you're a buzz-kill for all seasons  :w00t:

• Like 1

On 29/01/2019 at 10:55 PM, joc said:

Any relation to Sarah McLachlan? 

5c504d291ad45_sarahmclachlan.jpg.095b1ac9d4ac1113692e45d5fa07cc8e.jpg

Offtopic, (but as she is my favorite singer *ever*) I shall digress.  For anyone who doesn't know, she's a Canadian singer with an absolutely angelic voice, and incredibly, many have never heard of her...

If that doesn't give you goosebumps, you are deceased.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Offtopic, (but as she is my favorite singer *ever*) I shall digress.  For anyone who doesn't know, she's a Canadian singer with an absolutely angelic voice, and incredibly, many have never heard of her...

If that doesn't give you goosebumps, you are deceased.

I have been in love with Sarah since the first time I heard her sing....a long...long...long time ago! 

• Like 2

No more derailing I promise...but ...my fav song from Sarah...The John Friar Remix of Possession.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, qxcontinuum said:

Any thoughts ? Reincarnation, simple coincidence, a relative from the past? I have done my DNA test and the person is from another nation and culture than that of my original ancestors...  

My guess is that you've found someone from the past who looks similar to you.  That's not completely uncommon.  To be exactly like you is extremely unlikely, and probably impossible.  Even identical twins (who have identical dna) do not look exactly the same, and can often be recognized as distinct by friends, family, teachers, etc.  

• Like 1

On 2019-01-31 at 2:34 PM, Guyver said:

My guess is that you've found someone from the past who looks similar to you.  That's not completely uncommon.  To be exactly like you is extremely unlikely, and probably impossible.  Even identical twins (who have identical dna) do not look exactly the same, and can often be recognized as distinct by friends, family, teachers, etc.  

The resemblance is so high that when I personally look st ther painting I see myself in it. 

I have one.. only difference between the two of us is he has blond hair and I 'was' brunette.. but I had been mistaken for him a couple of times.. most of the time it started as 'Hey Steve (his name) I like the color of your hair' 

its even better when some unknown female comes up for a hug and a kiss at the pub.. thinking I was him.. 

sadly me and him never crossed paths.. but my mother and a aunt had seen him one day.. apparently we even have the same facial expressions..