Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guitar players unite

Imaginarynumber1

Im pretty mediocre when it comes to playing but practise makes perfect however i can play some songs fairly good like Judas Priest Breaking the law and Ramones Blitzkrieg bop and some songs on cords only. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Impedancer said:

Im pretty mediocre when it comes to playing but practise makes perfect however i can play some songs fairly good like Judas Priest Breaking the law and Ramones Blitzkrieg bop and some songs on cords only. 

Breaking the Law is one of those simple yet incredibly fun songs to play. Same with a lot of Metallica's early rhythm riffs.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Breaking the Law is one of those simple yet incredibly fun songs to play. Same with a lot of Metallica's early rhythm riffs.

I find playing the riff to Rage against the machines Killing in the Name of heaps of fun to play :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I find playing the riff to Rage against the machines Killing in the Name of heaps of fun to play :)

I only know 2 covers.  Hey Baby by Jimi Hendrix and Bridge of Sighs by Robin Trower.  I just never had much interest in learning other peoples material.:hmm:

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 11:21 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

iI've had 4 or 5 guitars withe the rose. Loved it. Just hated it with travel. Granted, we had all our gear in a generic trailer through all kinds of weather...
Overall, lov eth eorse locking bridge over anythibg else, but live love to be able to drop a step or two with taking 25 min of tuning... you know...

I have an 86' Made in Japan Strat.  Was made with a locking tremolo..but it wasn't made by Floyd...after the second time I replaced it...and the G string screw threads stripped, I had an original Floyd Rose put on...the guy at Charlies's Guitar Shop in Dallas did it.  Then after my best friend died from the flu and his brother gave me his cheap strat copy...I put a Floyd on it as well.  I love them but haven't ever dared to restring one.  I just take 'em down to the guitar shop and let the tech do it.

I like to record stuff...I know OverSword likes to record stuff...does anyone else ever record anything or write songs?

• Like 1

I've really been enjoying playing with some of these blues backing tracks on youtube...there is just a ton of them!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, joc said:

I've really been enjoying playing with some of these blues backing tracks on youtube...there is just a ton of them!

I love YouTube backing tracks. There's so many. Some even display the scale or include tips on what to play and when. Sometimes I jam and sometimes I just play the chords of the track. It's so fun. Unfortunately I have no recordings worth sharing. Only flawed runs to to help me hear how good or bad I really sound.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, joc said:

I'll have to try that. 

What I'd really like is a loop machine to make my own backing tracks as I go along. 

• Like 1

I like going between chords and licks on this one. It's fun and helps me practice the B chord which I've long struggled to make clean transitions to.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I love YouTube backing tracks. There's so many. Some even display the scale or include tips on what to play and when. Sometimes I jam and sometimes I just play the chords of the track. It's so fun. Unfortunately I have no recordings worth sharing. Only flawed runs to to help me hear how good or bad I really sound.

I have a little jewel called Focusrite Scarlett  Solo.  Just plugs into the computer and bam...you're recording...well almost.  You also need a software program.  Several years ago I was interested in Voice Overs and I bought Adobe Audition CS5.5.  It's pretty awesome.

5c775f14283c0_adobeaudition.jpg.dc5b23e69cbef1ef918030c205d6f1ff.jpg

I haven't recorded anything lately but I'm itching too ...so ...we'll see.

Wow!  I just watched a set up video on the Scarlett Solo by Focusrite.  If you register it, then you have access to recording software...so...you don't need to purchase anything else. They cost about $100.  ...and you are recording!  Just sayin'...

13 hours ago, joc said:

I like to record stuff...I know OverSword likes to record stuff...does anyone else ever record anything or write songs?

I record myself practising you notice your progress better then even if its sometimes a bloody racket...but i would not dare to share that material :-). 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with Sex Pistols manager Malcom Maclaren who once said something like this " it´s better not knowing how to play than knowing to " ;-). what he meant was that you come along way just by attitude anyways this is my gear....
Boss GT100
Orange Micro Terror with amp
larger Orange Amp.
sparkLE drum machine
guitar: Schecter Hellraiser Diamond series
https://www.deviantart.com/impedancer/gallery/68686058/GEAR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just ripped through the calluses on my Left hand ring finger....split my fracking finger...now I cannot even play anything....geeeeez!!! :angry::no::(

On 2/28/2019 at 10:07 AM, Impedancer said:

I agree with Sex Pistols manager Malcom Maclaren who once said something like this " it´s better not knowing how to play than knowing to " ;-). what he meant was that you come along way just by attitude anyways this is my gear....
Boss GT100
Orange Micro Terror with amp
larger Orange Amp.
sparkLE drum machine
guitar: Schecter Hellraiser Diamond series
https://www.deviantart.com/impedancer/gallery/68686058/GEAR

Nice setup Impedancer! :tu:

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 7:49 PM, joc said:

I only know 2 covers.  Hey Baby by Jimi Hendrix and Bridge of Sighs by Robin Trower.  I just never had much interest in learning other peoples material.:hmm:

That is awesome.   Trower is great.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

That is awesome.   Trower is great.  

Always been one of my favs.  Seen him several times in Dallas over the years.  Definitely an influence in my playing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Always been one of my favs.  Seen him several times in Dallas over the years.  Definitely an influence in my playing.

He still tours.    Stops in the St. Louis area a couple times a year.   

2 hours ago, Myles said:

He still tours.    Stops in the St. Louis area a couple times a year.   

Yeah he still comes to Dallas...it's just...the first time I saw him was in San Diego in 1979.  Then several times in Dallas early 80s...the last I think was right after 911...maybe once after that.  So, I just want to remember the times from when he wasn't in his mid 60's.  And I wasn't either! lol

• Like 1

I felt the same about Edgar Winter.   Can't believe he is still alive and touring.   He's looked dead for 30 years.

• Haha 1

I'm still blown away that Keith Richards outlived Michael Jackson and David Bowie!!! 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I figured the hand full of guys in here would appreciate this. This guy just started popping up all over people's YouTube feed this weekend and I see why. This dude plays great guitar in a bunch of his videos but just vocals on this one and he kills it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...