Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australia's heat wave hits record highs

Still Waters

7 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Last year was OK for me.  The air con in the house is blasting away at full bore.  I reckon I'll drop dead on the spot when I get my next electricity bill.

No AC at my current residence. I get the full glory of summer :lol:

Pedestal fan for us real men!!! :lol: :lol: :rofl:

I remember some scorcher years mid to late 90s too. Isn't there a 19 year cycle or something? I remember my stepfather who was a farmer talking about it. Or maybe I'm just making crap up. We will see I guess. :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Or maybe I'm just making crap up. We will see I guess. :lol:

Never met a Queenslander who made crap up... :P

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

Never met a Queenslander who made crap up... :P

LIAR

*cough* XXXX beer *cough* Bundaberg Rum *cough* both are crap *cough*

on a side note, this is where I am currently working

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Nifty+Copper/@-21.6576245,121.5727382,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xfee0ad4ff72a5de!8m2!3d-21.6576245!4d121.5727382

and considering it is supposed to be the wet season.. we have only had one actually rain and it was 61mm in 3 hours on site.. which all it did was cool it down for a few hours.. then when the sun came out.. turned it into a sauna LOL 

and the absolute worst.. the site has gone to Mid Strength booze.. :/ so cannot even quench the thirst with a proper drink.. 

though my son may the gods bless him.. has heard of my plight.. there is a bottle of Southern Comfort and a Bottle of Jim Beam on my desk and the beer fridge has a carton of coke in it for me when I get home on the 5th :D

Parenting done right :D

48 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

and considering it is supposed to be the wet season.. we have only had one actually rain and it was 61mm in 3 hours on site.. which all it did was cool it down for a few hours.. then when the sun came out.. turned it into a sauna LOL 

and the absolute worst.. the site has gone to Mid Strength booze.. :/ so cannot even quench the thirst with a proper drink.. 

Mid Strength... Sounds wonderful. I am on a Pearl Farm in Arnhem Lands and it is dry... :(,

We do get one social night a fortnight (if boats are in) where we get to have a 6pack. You really appreciate it then.

I haven't been that far inland in WA. We go to Broome every couple of years to catch wild shell, that is the extent of my WA experience.

As for Queenslanders, my favourite story is 'It's not dark pink, it's Maroon.'

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 8:40 AM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It's heartbreaking that species are being decimated by the heatwave. What a horrific way to die.

That many dead Bats can have a devastating effect on farmers as well.  They pollinate almost as many crops as bees.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

That many dead Bats can have a devastating effect on farmers as well.  They pollinate almost as many crops as bees.

Perhaps, but still. I can't bear the thought of any animal suffering.