Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill Maher Billboard Defaced

Dark_Grey

Bill Maher Blasts "Incels" Over Defaced Billboard

cluse-up.jpg

Left leaning link
Right leaning link

Bill Maher responds in a tweet:

To those Incels who defaced my billboard, I just want you to know, I will follow you to the gates of your parents' basement! And thanks for the free publicity, Real Time is back Friday night!

— Bill Maher (@billmaher) January 15, 2019

For those not following the current Gen Z lingo, "NPC" stands for "Non-playable character". A reference to the computer controlled characters you meet in video games. As NPC's can only say pre-written responses, the term became an accurate representation of people who express outrage over political issues yet are unable to engage in a conversation about that topic due to a lack of knowledge. "ORANGE MAN BAD!" is a phrase often associated with the NPC meme as a way to further demean easily outraged yet uniformed people. It's a form of real life trolling. 

Now that the context has been established, is anyone else on the fence about who actually put graffiti on the billboard? I'm 50/50 if Maher had this done to promote his show..

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

That's great!  I saw a clip recently of Bill arguing with someone who actually knew facts.  He constantly interrupted and changed the subject and compared apples to oranges every time the other guy started demonstrating that he was right and Bill was wrong, to the applause of the leftist robots in his audience.  In the end Bill is an entertainer and not really trying to describe a larger truth to the people that watch his show, he's just another example of the echo chamber where a certain crowd knows they can tune in and hear the message they desire to hear in a way that makes them feel like they are smart and everyone else is stupid.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's great!  I saw a clip recently of Bill arguing with someone who actually knew facts.  He constantly interrupted and changed the subject and compared apples to oranges every time the other guy started demonstrating that he was right and Bill was wrong, to the applause of the leftist robots in his audience.  In the end Bill is an entertainer and not really trying to describe a larger truth to the people that watch his show, he's just another example of the echo chamber where a certain crowd knows they can tune in and hear the message they desire to hear in a way that makes them feel like they are smart and everyone else is stupid.

"Religion is dead, mmmmmm-kay? Get over it, you guuyyss"

I wish politics and late night talk shows never crossed paths.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

"Religion is dead, mmmmmm-kay? Get over it, you guuyyss"

I wish politics and late night talk shows never crossed paths.

I miss Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

Maher's actually a good liberal, he understands the SJW's have gone too far, he slags off the extremes of Islam.

And it wouldn't surprise me if this was a network-induced stunt.

I agree, everything seems a bit too “well designed”, with a bit too much design consistency. Even the blue of the face matches the blue of the background.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I agree, everything seems a bit too “well designed”, with a bit too much design consistency. Even the blue of the face matches the blue of the background.

The slight lean on the word "narrative", the NPC board that's been neatly tacked in place is leaving the date and time untouched..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

That's great!  I saw a clip recently of Bill arguing with someone who actually knew facts.  He constantly interrupted and changed the subject and compared apples to oranges every time the other guy started demonstrating that he was right and Bill was wrong, to the applause of the leftist robots in his audience.  

Yup. He's basically the Liberal version of a Fox News host. 

• Like 1