Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Snowman. Does the Russian Yeti Exist?

Earl.Of.Trumps

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

I can't find anything to support the " Pigs gone feral develop more hair and larger tusks in one generation. " That just might be an urban legend.

Not everything is online.Its from a lifetime of observation and hunting wild pigs(in real life),and a well known phenomenon.

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

How can you tell if a sighting is a genuine sighting? I don't believe there are any so-called genuine sightings.

I mean people weren't lying about seeing something.If you have insight into people its easy to spot a bull-------.It comes with being aware.

Edited by openozy

I don't think people like to think we are potentially wild animals,why people shave and where perfume,to hide our dirty secret of being the same as all other Earth inhabitants.

2 hours ago, Leo Krupe said:

To play devil's advocate here, we'd find evidence of people living in the wild--tools, shelters, marks on trees (even cut down trees) and branches, latrines, and so on. I'd say there's no way you could have one single person, much less two or three overlapping, for 30 or 40 years without any evidence of their being there. No matter how feral, or how "survivalist" they may be, people are going to leave traces of their existence. They may be able to hide so you can't find them if you're tracking them, but you'd certainly know if they'd been in the area at some point, and so therefore, that they exist.

With Bigfoot, we have none of that.

Here in Oregon it is not uncommon to find dump heaps in the woods. Or teenager built camps, or hunter camps, or homeless camps. Some of them with decades of use.

If BF's are humans, these would be what we should expect. 

Just saying....

• Thanks 1

To the OP pic. I'd agree it is too blurry to say it is a yeti, and not just someone in a dark snowsuit, with the face cover up.

Edit: And mermaids are NOT real.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

Srereo,

I have no clue if pigs going feral change appearance but in most cases a human living feral or off the grid would, i see so many possible variations in the person, we might have a a very savvy person who just wants off the grid but remains "human" but imagin perhaps a mentally ill individual who would live feral more animal like than human they would get very unkept very quickly, not from a generic change but from lack of a better word neglect.

Your statemnt you dont believe there are any genuine sightings is very broad but interesting, to me, are you saying for example 100% of alleged bigfoot sightings in the USA 

Are out right lies/hoaxes, misidentfied known creatures or imagination?

Bigfoot is not new. People have been claiming sightings for at least half a century. To me it is far more likely that there is a reason people's minds think hairy man like creature than for there actually being a hairy man like creature.

Believers like to attach words such as genuine to a sighting to pretend it is a fact. I believe people see something. I believe there are hoaxes like the PG film. But what the witnesses see and how they interpret it is where I believe something in the human mind creates the idea of a wild hairy man.

59 minutes ago, openozy said:

Not everything is online.Its from a lifetime of observation and hunting wild pigs(in real life),and a well known phenomenon.

In other words it is made up. You have no real evidence to what you claimed.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

In other words it is made up. You have no real evidence to what you claimed.

Yeah, right mate.

5 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Either way, there's no evidence of a breeding population to support them

What do you expect to see them all dancing around a maypole.

• Haha 1

Geez this thread is all over the place, yes, if an unknown creature lives out in the woods a breeding population is a must and the numbers mean we should at the very least with 1000s of cameras out there have a good picture like we have of known wild creatures.

The op posted an alleged yeti from the Dyatlov Pass Incident which has had a mockumentry and countless explainations that are better suited to creepypasta tripe than any type of science,

I enjoyed reading about the Dyatlov Pass Incident but after removing the fluff and hype i still find the prosaic explanations the best so far.

I find the concept of humans reverting to a wild ancestor like state more intriguing than any Bigfoot or Yeti story.I think people underestimate the bush sense and skills to avoid detection a feral human would possess.

While any theory has holes feral humans living out there is so much more plasable than the idea of "bigfoot" the feral human theory fills holes that have always been there with bf,

Sure, a feral human would know far better than any other creature how to hide from humans,

• Thanks 1

Whether it is a feral human, a bear, or something else there would need to be a viable breeding population to support the decades (if not centuries) of reports. This population would in turn leave some sort of evidence of their existence.

Thread cleaned

I think this thread is best served by focusing on the Yeti angle / photograph rather than on the Dyatlov Pass incident itself.

We have other threads where discussions of that nature would be better suited.

• Thanks 2

On 1/17/2019 at 3:55 PM, the13bats said:

Besides dna showed yeti is a type of bear not primate.

DNA?  Where did anyone find dna from a yeti? Fur?  How would they know it was yeti fur?  

3 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I misunderstood you.  I thought you were saying Yetis were in the bear species not the primate species. lol

Actually, the dna samples of animal remains...believed to be Yeti...were in fact from bears.

32 minutes ago, joc said:

I misunderstood you.  I thought you were saying Yetis were in the bear species not the primate species. lol

Actually, the dna samples of animal remains...believed to be Yeti...were in fact from bears.

I didn't say anything.  Just a clarification after reading your question. I believe you misunderstood @the13bats. Whose statement was a little unclear. 

• Thanks 1

Feral humas living out in the woods do not require a breeding population because they can be replaced with more people going to live in the woods, since they are human they are more savvy than any creature would be as to what evidence not to leave, and the low numbers of no breeding pop helps answer why they are seldom seen and no pictures of them just grainy bkurry pictures of unknown creatures.

Nothing unclear to me Sykes dna testing on alleged yeti hair came from sources that in their minds their samples were 100% from a yeti, sykes can only go by tests results of what he is told is yeti hair, and all of it came back as from a bear albeit some debate what type bear but for 100s of years the monks said yeti was a type of bear, please contact them if you feel they are wrong.

If you was to say that what sykes tested wasnt bear samples and his tests are wrong take that up with him if you want to say what he tested was bear however there is still an undiscovered primate  you very well might be correct but we do not have any science to support that just yet.

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Feral humas living out in the woods do not require a breeding population because they can be replaced with more people going to live in the woods, since they are human they are more savvy than any creature would be as to what evidence not to leave, and the low numbers of no breeding pop helps answer why they are seldom seen and no pictures of them just grainy bkurry pictures of unknown creatures.

That is not sustainable by any measurable standard. Animals, as they occupy and live in space, leave evidence of their habitation. This is based off of even the smallest animal populations. So as you propose, even if this amazingly small successive band of individuals were to live off the land there would be something observable left behind.

What makes you think there is this trend of every 10, 20, or 30 years of people going feral as individuals? Or is it just your opinion?

2 hours ago, joc said:

DNA?  Where did anyone find dna from a yeti? Fur?  How would they know it was yeti fur?  

I never said i personally thought yeti was a primate, i agree with the majority its a type of bear.

How does one know its yeti fur great question, for me i place my faith in the collectors and skills of people like sykes, of the alleged yeti hair he was given and some samples were other things, nails, teeth, droppings etc, the collectors said this is from yeti. Sykes tests show bear and its likely not what some wanted to hear.

Reminds me of that guy who claimed he shot a parent and young bigfoot, his tests also came back bear and he called it BS.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Trelane said:

That is not sustainable by any measurable standard. Animals, as they occupy and live in space, leave evidence of their habitation. This is based off of even the smallest animal populations. So as you propose, even if this amazingly small successive band of individuals were to live off the land there would be something observable left behind.

What makes you think there is this trend of every 10, 20, or 30 years of people going feral as individuals? Or is it just your opinion?

And alleged bigfoot living out in the woods, That is not sustainable by any measurable standard either.

A breeding number of bigfoot leave nothing behind but a feral solo human would?

Trend? i cant say that, just my opinion? im not alone i know from reading that people do sometimes go off the grid, drop out, live out away from society,

Someone else on here suggested feral humans and at the moment it has more plausibility with me that what it would take for bigfoot to really exist.

And i know a true believer in bf will hate this theory of feral humans,

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

And alleged bigfoot living out in the woods, That is not sustainable by any measurable standard either.

A breeding number of bigfoot leave nothing behind but a feral solo human would?

Trend? i cant say that, just my opinion? im not alone i know from reading that people do sometimes go off the grid, drop out, live out away from society,

Someone else on here suggested feral humans and at the moment it has more plausibility with me that what it would take for bigfoot to really exist.

And i know a true believer in bf will hate this theory of feral humans,

I'm not sure what you mean by "feral humans". If a human being, who lived in a normal human habitat, went to live in the wild, they wouldn't become savage and lose their humanity. If a child were reared in a wild habitat, they wouldn't stop being human beings. They may not learn to speak the Queen's English, and know how to tie a bowline knot, but they'd still have a human brain. And if such a child existed, not to mention a population, how could they hide themselves in a place like the Pacific Northwest? Yes, that area is rugged and undeveloped, but even "feral humans" would do such advanced things as use fire. If they used fire, they could be spotted by someone, somewhere, somehow over the course of decades.

I can accept that "mountain men" (to use the 19th century concept--watch the Robert Redford film "Jeremiah Johnson" for context) could, maybe, possibly, be mistaken for Bigfoot sometimes, under some conditions and circumstances, as opposed to an actual Bigfoot of the stories. But even that would be a stretch for more than a few sightings.