Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man says he saw MH370 go down

Eldorado

An Indonesian fisherman who claims to know the exact spot where the ill-fated MH370 plane crashed into the Sumatra sea has handed over the co-coordinates to investigators.

Rusli Khusmin, 42, says he and his crew members witnessed the disaster, in which a Beijing-bound Malaysian Airlines flight carrying 239 people disappeared, on the morning of March 8, 2014.  

Rusli recorded the co-ordinates of the site where he says the plane entered the water on a GPS device and held up a map to show reporters.

Full fisherman's tale at the Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6597725/Fisherman-claims-SAW-MH370-recorded-EXACT-location-GPS.html

'I saw the plane moving from left to right like a broken kite,' he said.

'There was no noise, just black smoke as a result of fires before it crashed into the water.'

There was a strong smell of acidic fumes in the air before the plane went down, he added.

Rusli was flown in from Indonesia for the news conference at the Lake View Club in Subang Jaya, where he swore an oath of truth over the Koran.

At the New Zealand Herald: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12191656

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

So he went to the trouble of saving the GPS coordinates but waited almost 5 years to say anything? Seems kinda fishy to me...

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Why would he wait so long to say something? I'm not really confident in his claim.

• Like 3

^ That story is a useful handy guide to all the nutcases that have come out with their pet crackpot theories, I will say that. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, justin3651 said:

So he went to the trouble of saving the GPS coordinates but waited almost 5 years to say anything? Seems kinda fishy to me...

I see what you did there

• Like 2

His account does not explain the signal received from the aircraft via satellite for about 5 hours after it disappeared off radar. It cannot transmit data if lying on the sea bed.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

His account does not explain the signal received from the aircraft via satellite for about 5 hours after it disappeared off radar. It cannot transmit data if lying on the sea bed.  

All will be explained when his book comes out. ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

he is one of these three : out of his mind and seeking attention, the stupidest human ever for waiting this long or a sick individual playing with the emotions of all the families that lost someone. why now, just why. if he had this kind of information why did he not come out with it sooner...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I dont hear much news if any of these other accounts and theories get checked. Theres obviously an astronomical cost involved in checking the ocean floor for a crashed aircraft. It would be a shame if one of these theories was correct. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aniknonymous said:

he is one of these three : out of his mind and seeking attention, the stupidest human ever for waiting this long or a sick individual playing with the emotions of all the families that lost someone. why now, just why. if he had this kind of information why did he not come out with it sooner...

Even if he did, he probably wouldn't have been taken seriously. The experts thought they had the crash area identified off Western Australia prompting them to spend so much money searching for it. Unless they missed it, atleast we know its not there I suppose. Only the rest of the world to go.....

• Like 2

It's mind boggling the number of bogus "leads" that came out of this incident. And this toys with people's emotions. Very sad.

I'd scan that area that he claims the craft is in, and if it's not there, throw the damn book at him.

• Like 3

It could be possible. Although it raises more mysteries. Maybe the dude was involved in something illegal and didn't want to come forward until it seemed relatively safe? Maybe. But, still, it seems odd. Wasn't there another supposed witness who claimed to see it go down in flames somewhere around Vietnam or something odd? Or is my memory skewed?

On 1/18/2019 at 7:13 AM, Myles said:

Either he is lying or he is an as$hole.

Probably both. 

Skud: How recent was that claim?

On 1/21/2019 at 8:42 PM, Skulduggery said:

It could be possible. Although it raises more mysteries. Maybe the dude was involved in something illegal and didn't want to come forward until it seemed relatively safe? Maybe. But, still, it seems odd. Wasn't there another supposed witness who claimed to see it go down in flames somewhere around Vietnam or something odd? Or is my memory skewed?

No. Some people did make that claim.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, L.A.T.1961 said:

I guess it's possible some stuff floated for awhile, but still. Nothing was found when they flew over the area. There were all kinds of satellite pictures released at the time.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:42 PM, Skulduggery said:

No, your memory is Ok.

There was a British woman who was sailing alone and claimed she saw a plane in flames coming down into the ocean. Weeks later when she reached shore, she learned of MH370 and reported her sighting to officials.  It is a little fishy to me. Doesn't she have a radio for emergency situations and could she not notify the officials of her GPS location when it happened? Anyway I think that was all a deliberate misdirection in a long line of misdirections by investigators. Yes.

Just think,  if it was not for all the bogus stories, there'd be no stories at all in the media. The plane disappeared from radar, and "that's it folks". WIth the misdirection stories, it gives people something to consider and something that people *think* is being investigated.  That plays better with the public than "nothing to report" day after day.

There was also a man whose ship was doing a scientific study for the US and found a place in the south Indian ocean that contained all the chemicals of a plane disaster. He reported this and nothing was done. He reported a second time and went to the media. The investigators claimed  that that part of the ocean was already searched.  What a pile of bull, IMO. No way there was enough time to do that large a search, nor was anyone doing any ocean searches at that time. So there ya go!

TO ALL:  Just one word about "disappearing from radar"...  If you truly believe that, I have some nice swamp land in Jersey I'd like to sell you. Can never happen!

Yes, I am angry about all that.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2019 at 1:36 AM, Vlad the Mighty said:

didn't he like think of mentioning this before? 

I was going to like this, but, well, like.... you said 'like'.

Like OMG, duude.

In the news.....

"MH370: New underwater sound wave analysis suggests alternative travel route and new impact locations."

"Motivated by a desire to help find Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which is believed to have crashed into the southern Indian Ocean in March 2014, we proposed a way of working out where objects hit the surface of the ocean using underwater acoustic waves.

Unfortunately this didn’t lead to finding the plane. However, our research into these waves has moved on since we first proposed the idea in 2017, and we have now been able to identify two locations where the aeroplane could have impacted with the ocean, as well as an alternative route that the plane may have taken."

Full article at The Conversation: https://theconversation.com/mh370-new-underwater-sound-wave-analysis-suggests-alternative-travel-route-and-new-impact-locations-110664

On 17/01/2019 at 3:39 PM, justin3651 said:

The whole thing sounds like bait.