Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Serbian red carpet for Putin

Eldorado

Russian President Vladimir Putin has arrived in Serbia at the head of powerful delegation, aiming to cement co-operation with a country seeking to join the EU.

Ahead of his Belgrade visit, Mr Putin accused some Western countries of "destabilising" the Balkans.

Security was tight in the capital, where 7,000 police were deployed.

Residents were urged not to go on their balconies to watch Mr Putin being driven through Belgrade.

The measures followed big opposition protests against President Aleksandar Vucic and his ruling SNS party over recent weeks, with demonstrators accusing him of clamping down on media freedom and attacking the opposition.

Despite the high security, tens of thousands of people are reportedly planning to greet the Russian leader's visit to the Church of St Sava, the biggest Orthodox church in Serbia.

Although Serbia is a candidate to join the European Union it remains a close ally of Moscow.

Full report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46892363

• Like 1

I'm sure Helen will have something to rant say about this, but Serbia has traditionally had close relations with Russia, that was one of the factors behind the way that WWI started. Perhaps they no longer feel quite so resentful at the way that Russia under Yeltsin stood aside and abandoned them when they became the subject of Tony and Bill's humanitarian bombing campaign in 1999. 

• Haha 1

Serbs are like mini copy of resource federastion (RF). Putler visiting Serbia... I have sneakin' suspicion I 've read about it already in history books. What countries Hitler visited...?

• Like 2

Putin was there primarily to show power. Reinforce the friendship with Serbia and bully Bosnia not to become a Nato member. Unfortunately, because of the way bosnians are forced to elect their holy trinty trio of presidents, we have a anti bosnian, anti nato anti eu pro russian pro serbian president Dodik who tries to incite a new war on the Balkans with the help of his lover, the bosnian croat traitor Covic. Putin is there to give his blessing. Looks ugly again. But, in the nineties serbs hade an advantage of 20:1 in army power and we still managed to survive. Now their advantage is 2:1 which means they would get a beating. That is why Putin is there to help.

Balkans and the Baltics are in trouble again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, odas said:

Putin was there primarily to show power. Reinforce the friendship with Serbia and bully Bosnia not to become a Nato member. Unfortunately, because of the way bosnians are forced to elect their holy trinty trio of presidents, we have a anti bosnian, anti nato anti eu pro russian pro serbian president Dodik who tries to incite a new war on the Balkans with the help of his lover, the bosnian croat traitor Covic. Putin is there to give his blessing. Looks ugly again. But, in the nineties serbs hade an advantage of 20:1 in army power and we still managed to survive. Now their advantage is 2:1 which means they would get a beating. That is why Putin is there to help.

Balkans and the Baltics are in trouble again. 

excellent.

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

excellent.

There is no excellency in that. Dictator of the fascist country visiting abroad is a warning sign. Hitler visited Italy back in 1934. Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

excellent.

Not sure about your response Steve. If you think that it is excellent if we have more victims, murdered, raped, abused in serbian deathcamps then I believe you have either a few screws loose or you are being a sarcastic Brit. Hope the later.

As for me, us, Bosnians and I believe I can speak also for the Baltics, we do not need an inch of Serbia or Russia. But we will, this time, end it once for all even if it means to take the war outside with and by all means. Enough is enough. This time we are ready.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, odas said:

Not sure about your response Steve. If you think that it is excellent if we have more victims, murdered, raped, abused in serbian deathcamps then I believe you have either a few screws loose or you are being a sarcastic Brit. Hope the later.

As for me, us, Bosnians and I believe I can speak also for the Baltics, we do not need an inch of Serbia or Russia. But we will, this time, end it once for all even if it means to take the war outside with and by all means. Enough is enough. This time we are ready.

behave yourselves, your ready for nothing. its time to grow the hell up, its 2019. you all display this small minded jumped up attitude, enough is enough were ready for war, if it comes to it. NO your not and you never have been. - what you mean is you'll all cause trouble, have no problem kicking it all off, but then the adults will have to come and clean up the mess. be it, the EU, NATO or the UN.

So, do everyone a favour and climb back in your box, the world and Europe cant be arsed with the small mindless shenanigans in your part of the world.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

behave yourselves, your ready for nothing. its time to grow the hell up, its 2019. you all display this small minded jumped up attitude, enough is enough were ready for war, if it comes to it. NO your not and you never have been. - what you mean is you'll all cause trouble, have no problem kicking it all off, but then the adults will have to come and clean up the mess. be it, the EU, NATO or the UN.

So, do everyone a favour and climb back in your box, the world and Europe cant be arsed with the small mindless shenanigans in your part of the world.  

It's nice to see you froth like that :) 

Putin taking time to visit Serbia looks a lot like grasping at anti-EU straws, no matter how tangential and small they are, and their population hasn't stopped protesting against Vučić's government - said government is floating on bizarre über-nationalism but the population is protesting against their corruption and incompetence. They weren't impressed with the tsar, apparently. The collective orgasm at Putin happened within chetnik community only, and they are proverbially retarded, military-wise proven to be useless, civilian mass-murdering freaks. 

These are your allies. I'd die from shame if I were you, as I already traditionally have to say when talking to you. 

Which brings me to the question - why the hell am I talking to you? I have drains to unclog, which suddenly seems like perfectly non-disgusting job to do. 

Oh, by the way, fortunately your type of attitude is now, thanks to Brexshit lunacy, removed from the position where it could sabotage the correct decision-making within the EU. Thanks for screwing yourself and your Russian ally over.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's nice to see you froth like that :) 

Putin taking time to visit Serbia looks a lot like grasping at anti-EU straws, no matter how tangential and small they are, and their population hasn't stopped protesting against Vučić's government - said government is floating on bizarre über-nationalism but the population is protesting against their corruption and incompetence. They weren't impressed with the tsar, apparently. The collective orgasm at Putin happened within chetnik community only, and they are proverbially retarded, military-wise proven to be useless, civilian mass-murdering freaks. 

These are your allies. I'd die from shame if I were you, as I already traditionally have to say when talking to you. 

Which brings me to the question - why the hell am I talking to you? I have drains to unclog, which suddenly seems like perfectly non-disgusting job to do. 

Oh, by the way, fortunately your type of attitude is now, thanks to Brexshit lunacy, removed from the position where it could sabotage the correct decision-making within the EU. Thanks for screwing yourself and your Russian ally over.  

just get your collective **** together for the sake of everybody. no-one cares about your Putin, Russia, rantings.

30 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

just get your collective **** together for the sake of everybody. no-one cares about your Putin, Russia, rantings.

It's your Putin. Your wannabe destroyer of the EU, scared of united Europe, like Russians or the English aren't Europeans, god damn both you and him.

Not mine. It's your Russian allies, since Katyn massacre. Know your history, so you don't have to repeat it. Because if you know only myths instead, you'll commit even worse crimes and stupider treason, and this time you won't even profit from it. 

Serve you right. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

It's your Putin. Your wannabe destroyer of the EU, scared of united Europe, like Russians or the English aren't Europeans, god damn both you and him.

Not mine. It's your Russian allies, since Katyn massacre. Know your history, so you don't have to repeat it. Because if you know only myths instead, you'll commit even worse crimes and stupider treason, and this time you won't even profit from it. 

Serve you right. 

seek medical advice, you've lost the plot.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

seek medical advice, you've lost the plot.

Seek quiet corner to cry over your spilled imperialist milk. You trusted Russians, you damn naive, greedy, arrogant morons. And now complete Eastern Europe will probably have to go to war again, because of you, again.    

We can do it. Again. 

But it would be nice if you could find someone capable to learn from your own mistakes to lead you, for a change. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

why is that excellent?

As in "that's all we need" just when you thought they'd joined the civilised world.

Their round the twist, just look at them 'risky' they've lost the plot, "this time we'll be ready" talking about conflict, all because Putin visited ****ing serbia. they need to wind their necks in. They cant fight their way out of a paper bag.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

As in "that's all we need" just when you thought they'd joined the civilised world.

Their round the twist, just look at them 'risky' they've lost the plot, "this time we'll be ready" talking about conflict, all because Putin visited ****ing serbia. they need to wind their necks in. They cant fight their way out of a paper bag.

okay, gotcha. still where Putin goes mayhem isn't far behind. Georgia, Ukraine, Syria etc. but i see your point. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

okay, gotcha. still where Putin goes mayhem isn't far behind. Georgia, Ukraine, Syria etc. but i see your point. 

In my own opinion, Putin would love it if Serbia would start attacking the neighbouring countries again, he needs eyes diverted from Ukraine. 

But Serbia is done the moment they start another war, because there's even less interest among Serbs to die for Vučić than there were to die for Milošević, and their decrepit military receives mostly verbal and ceremonial support from Russia.  

Bosnia is another story, in case of war everyone loses, it would be blood bath worse than 20-something years ago. If we grab a map and keep alliances and intentions as well as means of transporting actual help and/or physical possibilities of intervening, Serbs are toast.

But Serbian government doesn't really care for Serbs, naturally, they would sacrifice Bosnian Serbs as usual, but they do care for their seats, and their seats are pulverized if they as much as fart in NATO direction. 

Still I wouldn't rule out Russian-supported idea of Serbian aggression coming to realisation, but it makes me very happy to think Russians will leave Serbs to cope alone once they get the distraction they need.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

In my own opinion, Putin would love it if Serbia would start attacking the neighbouring countries again, he needs eyes diverted from Ukraine. 

But Serbia is done the moment they start another war, because there's even less interest among Serbs to die for Vučić than there were to die for Milošević, and their decrepit military receives mostly verbal and ceremonial support from Russia.  

Bosnia is another story, in case of war everyone loses, it would be blood bath worse than 20-something years ago. If we grab a map and keep alliances and intentions as well as means of transporting actual help and/or physical possibilities of intervening, Serbs are toast.

But Serbian government doesn't really care for Serbs, naturally, they would sacrifice Bosnian Serbs as usual, but they do care for their seats, and their seats are pulverized if they as much as fart in NATO direction. 

Still I wouldn't rule out Russian-supported idea of Serbian aggression coming to realisation, but it makes me very happy to think Russians will leave Serbs to cope alone once they get the distraction they need.   

Putin must be very angry these days every time he looks at a map of the Balkans. Montenegro, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia all NATO members and now the name dispute between Greece and Northern Macedonia all but over, paving the way for another Slavic member leaving mother Russia's orbit. he'd love to have a military ally in the Balkans but i believe you're right about the Serbs not having an appetite for war. They wanna join the EU. this isn't the 19-20th century anymore. Russia has little to offer the Orthodox Balkans. The EU is the new power. 

With Trump in power if Putin were to try anything now is the time. Russia and the Serbs will never get a better chance than this. still, i find it hard to see Putin not coming to the Serbs defence over Bosnia. i don't think that the Russians can afford losing their small foot print in the Balkans. but being in the EU and under a Russian military umbrella are incompatible. the Serbs will have to choose eventually. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Putin must be very angry these days every time he looks at a map of the Balkans. Montenegro, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia all NATO members and now the name dispute between Greece and Northern Macedonia all but over, paving the way for another Slavic member leaving mother Russia's orbit. he'd love to have a military ally in the Balkans but i believe you're right about the Serbs not having an appetite for war. They wanna join the EU. this isn't the 19-20th century anymore. Russia has little to offer the Orthodox Balkans. The EU is the new power. 

Your opinion is absolutely accurate, in my opinion :D 

38 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

With Trump in power if Putin were to try anything now is the time. Russia and the Serbs will never get a better chance than this. still, i find it hard to see Putin not coming to the Serbs defence over Bosnia. i don't think that the Russians can afford losing their small foot print in the Balkans. but being in the EU and under a Russian military umbrella are incompatible. the Serbs will have to choose eventually. 

Physically, Russians can't reach Serbia without at least one NATO member allowing them access.

I don't think anyone except Trump would break the alliance for Russians and their need to deliver humanitarian artillery and aviation aid - I totally expect them to call it that way. And NATO - bizarre but true - can exist without the US/with the US temporarily rendered useless too. And it's yet to be seen exactly how useless can Trump keep the American war machine. 

So Russian support for Serbia in case of open war will be diplomatic (diplomacy currently mostly out of order thanks to Russian plot with Trump) and in form of thoughts and prayers. Unless they opt for next Ferdinand in Sarajevo type of event with matching consequences. I doubt it, Putin wants Serbian distractions, not to commit suicide for them. 

Speaking of Ferdinand, Serbia could rely on Austria-Hungary (Croatia included) against Ottomans, not Russia. Russia effectively sold Serbia to Ottomans. Serbs used to know that, it took decades of systematic propaganda to push these very telling facts aside.     

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevewinn said:

So, the screws are loose.

Behave? We do. Bosnians do. As far as I know the Baltic states behave too. Tell your russian and serbian friends to behave or better invite them to chopp of Britain as they try with our countries.

It is obvious that, A you have no clue what is going on, and B you do not have a clue what 2019 means as opposed to 1991. Or the centuries before and the russio/serbian aspiration to have accsses to the adriatic sea. Bosnians did not start the war on balkans. We did not want the war and we do not want it now. But, yes, it is 2019 and we got smarter.

Every few decades the serbs, your friends, start a war in this region. When was the last time bosnians started a war? Let me check....like...n e v e r. Never. But we had to endour the vatikan crusades, the Hungarians, the Turks, the Serbs, the Germans...and the sleezy politic of countries like yours. 

Behave? You would not last a second if you were in our shoes so take your behave and shove it you know where.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Yes, we do care.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevewinn said:

We would like to. But your ilk does not let us to enjoy our little box. Why did your country side with the serbs? Why do you still support them? Adults? You? How about you leave us kids play in our box and do not come down always with a punishment for no reason? Why do you side with a bully? 

Who payes you to destabilse Europe? On whose behalf are you working? You wanna leave EU? Make it quick. You do not belong in EU anyway. Join the russian federation, you will be happy there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes Europe has a bright future with you lot. 

It's frightening to think such countries as Croatia have been allowed to join NATO and the EU. Equally if not more worrying is Bosnia whose started accession to the EU. And although not a NATO member, considered a partner to NATO. 

It's time to grow up. The world's moved on and your mentality is going backwards. No one is going to put up with it, so listen up. You won't be fighting anyone. Let alone the Russians who'd crush you like a gnat.

You lot won't be allowed to bring chaos to Europe like you always do. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Yes Europe has a bright future with you lot. 

It's frightening to think such countries as Croatia have been allowed to join NATO and the EU. Equally if not more worrying is Bosnia whose started accession to the EU. And although not a NATO member, considered a partner to NATO. 

It's time to grow up. The world's moved on and your mentality is going backwards. No one is going to put up with it, so listen up. You won't be fighting anyone. Let alone the Russians who'd crush you like a gnat.

You lot won't be allowed to bring chaos to Europe like you always do. 

:lol:

aw, aren't you precious... don't die from fear just yet, big bad Russian bear will certainly spare your trembling ass :lol: no matter who picks what fight with them, since you serve him so humbly :lol:  

But you still worry, steve little? You're about to crawl out of the EU, but you're still in NATO? Is that it? Well, if Trump can work on pulling the US out of NATO, certainly you may pull out too :lol: 

Go, hide. We're not about to go seek for you. I'm not sure about Russians :lol: Those nukes in Königsberg were always aimed at you. So you should start apologizing to them louder and more pitifully. Speaking of gnats. 

Now, seriously, you seem to be easily frightened. That's fine, not your fault, but you really shouldn't hand political and defence advice around while you suffer from extreme anxiety. 

And yes, this episode clearly shows how urgent it is for Bosnia and Macedonia to join both NATO and the EU. Oh, and Montenegro made it to NATO, but they really belong to the EU too.

That leaves only you and Serbia to serve as consolation prize for Russia. Congratulations. Still better than you deserve, but I don't wish that upon sane portion of your country's population so I'm still hoping they'll find a way to stop your country's political suicide. Not that you will ever again have the position you so foolishly destroyed, but that's your problem while it's certainly beneficial for the Europe in general.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1