Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Serbian red carpet for Putin

57 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

godnodog

Seems enough reason to block Serbia from joining the EU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
odas
24 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Seems enough reason to block Serbia from joining the EU

I don't know anymore. I know that serbs are not bad people but, just like some of my fellow muslims live in the stoneages, so do the serbs live in the middle ages. Still dreaming of the kosovo boj 1389, still dreaming of a graeter serbia, still living their fake glorified history...I actually feel sory for them. Nationalism and isolation are a dangerous state of mind.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy

People are too lazy to think, on average, anywhere in the world, so it mostly depends on what sort of propaganda they'll be exposed to. Thieves are successfully hiding behind nationalism because people in this part of the world are conditioned to stop thinking once you just mention the 'enemy'. 

So we need loud pro-peace and pro-progress information campaigns. The EU could help with that. It doesn't even have to cost much, in fact, I'm sure it can be done for far less money than Russians are spending on buying political whores across Europe. 

On a second thought, it doesn't have to cost anything. Just giving media attention to sane politicians and volunteers in positive campaigns would help, because it would somewhat guarantee they won't be murdered right away.   

There still are a lot of sane and intelligent people over here, but they need some help so their voices are heard too. 

Having whole Balkan finally in the EU would take the main nationalist manipulating tool away, since no one should worry anymore about being separated from the minority in neighbouring countries to the point of starting another war, in which, miraculously, few top thieves become filthy rich. While the folk becomes even more unforgiving and paranoid, therefore easier to be manipulated with.    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
godnodog
21 hours ago, odas said:

I don't know anymore. I know that serbs are not bad people but, just like some of my fellow muslims live in the stoneages, so do the serbs live in the middle ages. Still dreaming of the kosovo boj 1389, still dreaming of a graeter serbia, still living their fake glorified history...I actually feel sory for them. Nationalism and isolation are a dangerous state of mind.

Serbians, Albanians, Russians, Portugueses, English, japanese, Canadians, etc etc etc we´re all humans.
I wrote that Serbia should not not be allowed to joing the EU because it´s still very much, right or wrong, attached to Russia, and I think that Putin has the disintegration of the EU in mind, or at the very least to have enough influence in some members to have the EU split in key moments. I was not in favour of Croatia joining in, too soo after that brutal war that was the balcans civil war, and too soo as I dont think there are still very open wounds among the various people of former Yuguslavia. Let´s not forget the ongoing problem with Kosovo.

Edited by godnodog
add text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
1 hour ago, godnodog said:

Serbians, Albanians, Russians, Portugueses, English, japanese, Canadians, etc etc etc we´re all humans.
I wrote that Serbia should not not be allowed to joing the EU because it´s still very much, right or wrong, attached to Russia, and I think that Putin has the disintegration of the EU in mind, or at the very least to have enough influence in some members to have the EU split in key moments. I was not in favour of Croatia joining in, too soo after that brutal war that was the balcans civil war, and too soo as I dont think there are still very open wounds among the various people of former Yuguslavia. Let´s not forget the ongoing problem with Kosovo.

Thanks a lot :lol:

I understand your point, but I believe it was made on partially incorrect set of facts. 

There was no civil war. There was the aggression of Serbia against republics of the ex-Yugoslavia, that decided, after free elections and referendums, in complete accordance to the constitution of ex-Yu, to declare independence. 

It wasn't fair or logical to additionally punish us, after having to defend ourselves, with rejecting us, on grounds that we didn't roll over and let Milošević's chetniks cut our throats. 

I remember how the war started for me: one morning, at 3 AM, mortars started pounding on my town, followed with sniper fire from the JNA stronghold (JNA was ex-Yu army, whose command was illegally seized by Serbia). If you think you'd respond with flowers to such expression of brotherly love, you're mistaken. Or insane. 

 

The open wounds are very real, yes, I could write a book about that (no, I won't, especially not right here :D ), and I respect the losses of all my neighbours, because I know it feels the same our loss feels to us. 

So it is my opinion, supported with logic and the experience, that meeting within the EU can swiftly and significantly ease the tensions. 

 

Still I am tempted to agree that Serbia shouldn't join the EU just yet. They have to get rid first of their ultra-nationalist, unrepentant ethnic cleansing planners who also happen to be bizarrely pro-Russian and incurably anti-NATO.  

Kosovo is an independent state by now. I might be mistaken, but I was under impression that everyone in Kosovo, regardless of ethnicity, would like their state to join the EU too. Kosovo should join first, so that Serbs in Serbia can hear from Serbs in Kosovo if that EU is good for them or not. 

Balkan desperately needs at least the EU presence, if memberships are not possible right away, because it is additional guarantee of things going in civilised, instead of traditionally Balkan, manner. 

 

So, personally, I'm ready to shut up my own inner nationalist, paranoid beast for the sake of future for us all. 

If any of my neighbours is reading this, please consider doing the same. Parts of our brains might be eternally stuck in the 1990s, but we have no right to do that to our children and grandchildren. Let's end this crap and use the working parts of our brains to common good. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
odas
23 hours ago, godnodog said:

Serbians, Albanians, Russians, Portugueses, English, japanese, Canadians, etc etc etc we´re all humans.
I wrote that Serbia should not not be allowed to joing the EU because it´s still very much, right or wrong, attached to Russia, and I think that Putin has the disintegration of the EU in mind, or at the very least to have enough influence in some members to have the EU split in key moments. I was not in favour of Croatia joining in, too soo after that brutal war that was the balcans civil war, and too soo as I dont think there are still very open wounds among the various people of former Yuguslavia. Let´s not forget the ongoing problem with Kosovo.

Those problems are centuries old. I understand your point but it is proven that we can live together when we are in one unity, govern by a hard hand. In this case a hard handed EU would do more good then bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
44 minutes ago, odas said:

Those problems are centuries old. I understand your point but it is proven that we can live together when we are in one unity, govern by a hard hand. In this case a hard handed EU would do more good then bad.

Easy there :D  It is an upper hand, so it can afford to be perfectly gentle.

Typical Balkan bribe and brown-nosing does not work in the EU. It's all we need for starts. The visible rejection of local 'godfathers' by the European community. Once they're not almighty in the eyes of the people, democracy might start functioning the way it should.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.