Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi, Delay State of Union Address

OverSword

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

You forgot the rest: Art. II, §3 (“In Case of Disagreement between [the Houses], with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, [the President] may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper”).

EGADS... so he could adjourn them indefinitely, and run the country on executive orders ? :o 

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

EGADS... so he could adjourn them indefinitely, and run the country on executive orders ? :o 

No.  If they can't make up their own minds when to adjourn, he can be the guy to decide for them.  The Constitution requires them to start sessions in January: https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42977.pdf

You have to remember, the guys that wrote this were paranoid about monarchs/dictators.  Trump isn't going to find much help in the Constitution to weaken Congress's power or let him do what he wants without their approval.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, and then said:

He can only do so much without any help from the Congress.  At this point, he has to either stand on his principles and his promises or he is lost.  

I do agree with that.  Standing on principle is quite an admirable thing.  I keep hoping that President Trump will fulfill the faith that many have that he is brilliant and cares about the US and is a great deal maker.  There would be no person better to solve this impasse than the man many of his supporters give President Trump credit for being.

On 1/17/2019 at 12:56 PM, hacktorp said:

This RBG thing gets more interesting by the day.

10 months....we just gotta play weekend at RBG's for 10 months :lol:

On 1/18/2019 at 2:00 PM, hacktorp said:

Looks like Nancy Pelosi wasn't just put on a short leash by Trump.

It also appears Trump just handed that leash to Mick Mulvaney.  Too funny!

Yet let his wife travel via government aircraft....hmmm i'm i'll have to check with the experts at Fox Central to be sure but isnt that something an "elite" would do?