Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I going crazy or am I having premonitions?

livalu

I just found this forum through google searching for answers about what I experience, I cant find any post or website related to what happens to me through a preliminary google search, sorry if someone has posted about this before. About once every 3-4 months I experience flashes of a vision of the future, usually a standstill image or a couple of seconds of wherever I am and what I'm looking at in the future, such as me looking at some text messages, me sitting in my college dorm room, etc. Along with those images I've found that I can ask my future self questions or she can give me information, but only in short sentences and very basic information, and it's never really helpful information or anything. Once I get to that point in the future I experience a deja-vu moment and then give the information to my past self in my head, or listen to the questions I asked my future self at that time.  When I get these visions of the future, I usually forget I ever had them until the point in the future arrives, and then I remember when I had the future vision, but sometimes I remember warnings from my future self, such as "dont date xxxx" or "dont room with xxx" which always come too late for me to follow my advice anyway haha. The problem is, that schizophrenia runs in my family, and I'm scared that this may just be symptoms of the disease and my mind is creating delusions, but I have no clue. Is this normal? What is happening? Any help or advice would be great I just want to know whats going on.

I'm sure everybody occasionally experiences elements of the paranormal but then brushes them away and forgets about them, because they "shouldn't have happened" and therefore they don't have a mental category to file them in. I can count around 17 such experiences, though I prefer to keep them private.

Since you say that the advice is too late for you to follow anyway, then this is not changing your life. A question: how do you regard the advice - as good or bad? Or just plain trivial? In any case, I would say this makes you special - not mad.

People who suffer migraine or epilepsy are prone to such visions - or capabilities. Remember, the future exists and all of the past still exists too - and maybe in many versions. We can deduce this from Einstein's theory of relativity. At certain times, our mind will experience the future. Near death experiences tell us that the mind is not confined to the body or to the present and can at times escape its normal bounds.

An author who researches people with experiences like yours is the Englishman Anthony Peake. He's from Liverpool and has written a few books. He also has a Facebook account (I'm a "friend"), so who knows, maybe you can talk to him there. Look up his books on Amazon. I would especially recommend "Opening the Doors of Perception", "The Infinite Mindfield", "Daemon", and "Is There Life After Death?: The Extraordinary Science of What Happens When We Die". Read them, and you will discover that there are lots of people like you. 

Edited by garth

Hi , welcome to our special "club", I get premonitions at various times which have even saved my life, so don't worry about it , just accept, and you aren't going mental ,its just something which happens to a lot of people, learn to live with it as you have a gift . Best Wishes

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, garth said:

Since you say that the advice is too late for you to follow anyway, then this is not changing your life. A question: how do you regard the advice - as good or bad? Or just plain trivial? In any case, I would say this makes you special - not mad.

sorry if this isnt how u reply to comments idk how this site works haha

sometimes the advice is good advice, like the day I moved in with my first roommate last year I had a deja-vu moment and the repeating message "dont room with [her name]" and it turns out she was a total nutjob and got suspended and forced off of campus later that year. Most of the time its trivial stuff though.

Just now, livalu said:

sorry if this isnt how u reply to comments idk how this site works haha

sometimes the advice is good advice, like the day I moved in with my first roommate last year I had a deja-vu moment and the repeating message "dont room with [her name]" and it turns out she was a total nutjob and got suspended and forced off of campus later that year. Most of the time its trivial stuff though.

Well, then, at least it's not bad advice. So you won't end up deranged or in prison - for which you can be thankful! Our materialist Western culture does not acknowledge the extent of the powers of the mind and tries to ridicule people who admit to the unusual stuff. But it is our materialist culture and science that is deficient in this respect - not us.

Maybe what you can do to help this along and maybe benefit more from it is to develop the habit of dream journaling, or premonition journaling. I keep a notebook on my nightstand to jot things in if I wake up during the night about what thoughts or dreams are still fluttering in my mind before I go back to sleep. 

This way you will have a date and time of when you got the insight, and might recall it ahead of time to take the advice.

OR you will see evidence it is NOT happening and might be a mental health tip off for you.

I am sorry you are struggling with the concern under it all of your mental health because of challenges your family has had to face a few times, but, it does no harm to learn your mind well and keep track of it, whatever inspires you for doing so. I am a rabid fan of Carl Jung's shadow work myself and you might enjoy and benefit from reading up on it, too. Just google Jung Shadow Work and enjoy. No need for fear.

You are not just OK, you are wonderful :) 

Welcome to UM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

going crazy;)

Been there, done that, jarmy ?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dejarma said:

going crazy;)

Awwww, shoot. I was going to post that answer.:angry:

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2019 at 7:36 PM, livalu said:

I just found this forum through google searching for answers about what I experience, I cant find any post or website related to what happens to me through a preliminary google search, sorry if someone has posted about this before. About once every 3-4 months I experience flashes of a vision of the future, usually a standstill image or a couple of seconds of wherever I am and what I'm looking at in the future, such as me looking at some text messages, me sitting in my college dorm room, etc. Along with those images I've found that I can ask my future self questions or she can give me information, but only in short sentences and very basic information, and it's never really helpful information or anything. Once I get to that point in the future I experience a deja-vu moment and then give the information to my past self in my head, or listen to the questions I asked my future self at that time.  When I get these visions of the future, I usually forget I ever had them until the point in the future arrives, and then I remember when I had the future vision, but sometimes I remember warnings from my future self, such as "dont date xxxx" or "dont room with xxx" which always come too late for me to follow my advice anyway haha. The problem is, that schizophrenia runs in my family, and I'm scared that this may just be symptoms of the disease and my mind is creating delusions, but I have no clue. Is this normal? What is happening? Any help or advice would be great I just want to know whats going on.

Seriously, see professonal, it can be serious. No sarcasm here.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 2:17 PM, livalu said:

Hi,

It might be best to think of your self as being highly intuitive. I like how you have those conversations with your future self. That is a great way to expand upon the insights you are receiving.

I suspect it is your logical intellect which makes you forget the insights. We do live in a world with a great deal of resistance when it comes to these things. If you can make room for this reality as a belief in your ability to do what you are doing, then I suspect you will remember the advice you give your self better. Be patient with your self and your own logical reasoning. It takes time to digest you have an unusual skill. Do your best to have fun with it, even that trivial stuff.

John

• 3 weeks later...

You're definitely special.  I have a similar gift to you. Its scary sometimes seeing deaths of you're loved ones and one time actually seeing the grim repear trying to take lives. Not sure how to explain the process but I keep a journal of mine and write what I saw . 

bmk1245 spoke true, you say you have a family history of schizophrenia, seek professional help. I'm not joking either.

Does anyone know anything about seeing things before they happen ? Like in a dream then you wake up can't remember it and it could be hours days weeks heck even months later it hits you like dejavu????

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry i have not once in over 40 years of interest had it proven to me,

Hindsite is 2020 the mind fills it in makes it fit,

You should date fred is more that inner voice than a precognition,

Now if you are given winning lotto numbers for a future date write it down today and show me and the numbers today and win 6 months from now on the date you set i will listen,

Anyone who feels they have a gift  and is getting miffed at me, tell me my grandmother's name, you might not change my life but will get my full attention.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, bmk1245 said:

Seriously, see professonal, it can be serious. No sarcasm here.

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I talked with a therapist and a psychiatrist and they both said I was perfectly normal, and if I was schizophrenic it would have surfaced much earlier. My therapist said that since I don't believe I am the second coming of christ or having any other grand delusions, this definitely isn't schizophrenia. Also apparently the fact that I'm even scared that I have it is a good sign in the first place!

• Like 1