Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gillette Feminist Commercial Controversy

spartan max2

7 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Ik.alesys judgment impaired 

Judgement impaired?...mid evening?...TOXIC MASCULINATY!!! :lol:

Hell i still gotta lift in a few minutes before i go grab some beer and get toxic later tonight...THAT'S class! ;) :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Judgement impaired?...mid evening?...TOXIC MASCULINATY!!! :lol:

Hell i still gotta lift in a few minutes before i go grab some beer and get toxic later tonight...THAT'S class! ;) :lol:

I fully admit to my hypocrisy at all times. You will ever see me deny otherthetiwise

• Haha 2

I don't really give a damn about gillette before or after this...

I use a "shave of the month" club anyway...

I've shaved my head for years and since my gf signed me up for that club,i get WAY better razors than gillette anyway ;)

Time to sign up up guys...stop using your ladies leg razors! :P :lol:

• Haha 4

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I fully admit to my hypocrisy at all times. You will ever see me deny otherthetiwise

No biggie...i'm a bit of a ass hole 75% of the time,and i don't deny it :lol:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

No biggie...i'm a bit of a ass hole 75% of the time,and i don't deny it :lol:

Im.100% ******* 100% of the time. A function of being a miserable human being

Also, i have a giant beard and havent shaved with a razor in over a decade 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

I identify strongly as male and I certainly don't discount, dislike, or am unappreciative of women.  Heck these day's more than half of the friends I do things with on a regular basis are female.  Maybe you're the ding dong?

I'd extend it to things like patriotism or nationalism, where you identify strongly with your country of birth, despite it being nothing more than an accident of fate, that you were even born, let alone born there ! If you think better of your countrymen, than those of another, you are automatically downgrading the entire population of the world who happened not to be born where you were ! Yep, that is the thinking a ding-dong. Interpose gender for country, and the same principle applies. All these things are just an extension of ego. 

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'd extend it to things like patriotism or nationalism, where you identify strongly with your country of birth, despite it being nothing more than an accident of fate, that you were even born, let alone born there ! If you think better of your countrymen, than those of another, you are automatically downgrading the entire population of the world who happened not to be born where you were ! Yep, that is the thinking a ding-dong. Interpose gender for country, and the same principle applies. All these things are just an extension of ego. 

Spoken like someone from a third rate country :lol:

KIDDING, take it easy.

So I think that if you're a male, identifying as a male is not the same thing as being from Australia and believing that all Australians are better than all other people from all other countries.  Because I identify as a male, which I am, born with a penis and testicles and all that, and certainly don't identify as a female. That does not mean I think men are better than women or vice versa.

• Like 3

On 17/01/2019 at 9:57 PM, spartan max2 said:

I did not like it, feel free to ask me why in-depth 

i did not like it because as far as advertising a product= it's a crap advert! it's boring & doesn't even mention the product name!

other than that i've no problem with it.... BUT having said that, look at all the publicity it's gained <brilliant advert> because people like your good self have decided to be offended= well done

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

KIDDING, take it easy.

So I think that if you're a male, identifying as a male is not the same thing as being from Australia and believing that all Australians are better than all other people from all other countries.  Because I identify as a male, which I am, born with a penis and testicles and all that, and certainly don't identify as a female. That does not mean I think men are better than women or vice versa.

Good point, I think what concerns me, are, as an example, women who identify with campaigns to stop violence against women, but seem to be giving the green light to some 90 pound weakling male getting a flogging from the neighbourhood bully. Only violence against women, is reprehensible, apparently, and after all, they being a woman, men being bashed senseless isn't their problem, they seem to think. Unless of course it is a son, or a husband, or a brother, or.....One begins to see the sheer stupidity, and selfishness of it. Once the idea insinuates itself in people's heads that they belong to the more worthy gender, they are off on an excursion to fantasyland.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OverSword said:

KIDDING, take it easy.

yep... what you said above shouldn't need explaining;)

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Good point, I think what concerns me, are, as an example, women who identify with campaigns to stop violence against women, but seem to be giving the green light to some 90 pound weakling male getting a flogging from the neighbourhood bully. Only violence against women, is reprehensible, apparently, and after all, they being a woman, men being bashed senseless isn't their problem, they seem to think. Unless of course it is a son, or a husband, or a brother, or.....One begins to see the sheer stupidity, and selfishness of it. Once the idea insinuates itself in people's heads that they belong to the more worthy gender, they are off on an excursion to fantasyland.

I think the mentality of modern feminism described in this talk addresses your post:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep... what you said above shouldn't need explaining;)

I'm sure we are all familiar with Arnie's "girly-man" quote, this taps into a widespread disdain of less overtly masculine men, by the  overly "macho" types, who wear their maleness like a badge of honour. Trouble is these types are frequently not as "tough" as they try to project to the world, and when, say, the little woman walks out, reduced to blubbering wrecks, and not infrequently suicide. Or resort to criminal "remedies". No one ought be fool enough to buy into these gender stereotypes, it is much more comfortable to be yourself, after all, you cannot be anyone else !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think the mentality of modern feminism described in this talk addresses your post:

that's a good vid, @OverSword it's put me in the mood to start a new thread on rape= which is what i'm going to do== so if i get some stick it's your fault ;)

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Good point, I think what concerns me, are, as an example, women who identify with campaigns to stop violence against women, but seem to be giving the green light to some 90 pound weakling male getting a flogging from the neighbourhood bully.

I interfere any time I see anyone being bullied, beaten or harassed. I've considered it wrong as long as I've been aware. Those are the only kinds of physical altercations, if it came to that, I've ever been in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

I don't really give a damn about gillette before or after this...

I use a "shave of the month" club anyway...

I've shaved my head for years and since my gf signed me up for that club,i get WAY better razors than gillette anyway ;)

Time to sign up up guys...stop using your ladies leg razors! :P :lol:

I actually need a few recommendations regarding other shaving options, since Gillette is getting kinda costly. :wacko:

I mean I agree with the message of the add, but in all fairness it doesn't really convince me to buy their razors. :lol:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I actually need a few recommendations regarding other shaving options, since Gillette is getting kinda costly. :wacko:

I mean I agree with the message of the add, but in all fairness it doesn't really convince me to buy their razors. :lol:

Are you old enough to shave?  :unsure:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I'm pretty sure they have a "dollar shave club",there's several of them nowadays...might want to check into it!

I honestly thought the commercial was dumb,but it did get them a LOTTA publicity!

On my behalf,i've slowly been dismantling gillette before it was cool...

Forgetting to buy my own razors,i used my gf's...dulling them quickly until my toxic masculinity got me a free membership into the "club"...

Now i sit back as my gf doesn't have to by replacement blades for her own razor nearly as often,making gillette miss out on extra profit!

Without that extra profit...Yes YES!!!...there warehouses and factories will fall into disrepair brick by brick...Join me my brothers,we will take them down from the inside!... :devil: :lol: mwahahaha!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Are you mature enough to have an adult conversation? :unsure:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Think he's in his mid 20's...

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

Think he's in his mid 20's...

A quick click to my profile shows my birth date. 

He knows my age, he's just being snarky and hateful. :rolleyes:

Just now, Aquila King said:

A quick click to my profile shows my birth date. 

He knows my age, he's just being snarky and hateful. :rolleyes:

Ahhh...

hell i hate shaving,but if i don't i get a earfull of toxic femininity :lol:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Forgetting to buy my own razors,i used my gf's...

Hey, no shame in that. I have to use wax pads (since they don't make them for men apparently) to get some pesky areas. I go full on werewolf if left untreated. :lol:

Go through Gillette razors pretty quick too since it's not just my face I'm shaving, so looking at all options atm.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Ahhh...

hell i hate shaving,but if i don't i get a earfull of toxic femininity :lol:

Like it or not, ladies now days love a smooth manscaped bod. ;)

Which sucks for me given that the only place that doesn't grow hair is the top of the head... <_<

• Haha 3

Hell i've gotta read this whole thread in lil bit lol...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

Like it or not, ladies now days love a smooth manscaped bod. ;)

Which sucks for me given that the only place that doesn't grow hair is the top of the head... <_<

I've shaved my actual head since i was about 16,couldn't stand football or fight training with sweat dripping all in my damn face of some jack ass "accidently" pulling it...not sure if mine grows in fully anymore or not! :lol:

I shave every morning...it's a good "concentration excercise" upon waking aswell to really help wake ya up lol

• Like 2