Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gillette Feminist Commercial Controversy

spartan max2

weed is also responsible for lowering T if used regularly. 

That study found dramatic differences in hormone levels between a control group and 20 carefully selected marijuana smokers. Mean (± S.E.M.) plasma testosterone among 20 marijuana smokers, aged 18 to 28 was 416 ± 34 ng per 100 ml. For a control group of aged-matched men, the mean was 742 ± 29 ng per 100 ml. Moreover, the researchers noted, the quantity of marijuana smoked correlated strongly and negatively with testosterone levels.

https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/is-there-a-link-between-low-testosterone-and-chronic-marijuana-useandrwe

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pixiii said:

I'd like all of you to see this 16 second video of a Feminist Clementine Ford, here in Australia.  She's just gotten up to give a speech and talks about her baby son.  She only ever refers to her son as a "male baby".  This is the behaviour that has gone too far imo.

My husband also stopped buying Gillette razors when that ad came out.  I agreed with him wholeheartedly.  

The real fault of these feminists is this.. if they hate men, why not just go your own way?
Instead, they marry them have children with them, and then complain about them. They have "men" on the brain a  little too much and that's a "tell"

• Like 2

On 1/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, Arbenol said:

If you don't like the message, so what?

So they lost a ton of lifelong clients to impress a bunch of feminized neckbeards. That’s so what. :tu:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The real fault of these feminists is this.. if they hate men, why not just go your own way?
Instead, they marry them have children with them, and then complain about them. They have "men" on the brain a  little too much and that's a "tell"

I pity her "partner" as she calls him.  I bet he's forced to use Gillette razors whether he likes it or not.  Poor b******. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

LOL @pixiii  "Oh, look! I've spawned a male baby"   HO-LEE :clap:

https://www.kinderling.com.au/news/clementine-ford-i-felt-certain-my-body-would-only-produce-a-girl

Clementine Ford: "I felt certain my body would only produce a girl"

Craziness.

Btw this is her partner. Hmm......I don't have anything nice to say, so I'll just be quiet. :P 

jesse.jpg

Edited by pixiii
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/17/2019 at 9:54 PM, Arbenol said:

Relax. The sky isn't falling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Gehrig  

Maybe hers is...  she's a "woke" nasty little piece of work and if her "creativity" cost Gillette an 8 billion dollar write off, I doubt she'll be the first choice for ads in the future.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Gehrig  

Maybe hers is...  she's a "woke" nasty little piece of work and if her "creativity" cost Gillette an 8 billion dollar write off, I doubt she'll be the first choice for ads in the future.  

Apparently she was the Director but the ad itself was written by men.  Fancy that.  I'm not sure what kind of men she associates with but I don't know any type of male that acts the way these men have written this advert.  To me, the whole ad is like one big virtue signalling exercise. 

“I was surprised when it received such an intense backlash from certain groups of men,” says Gehrig, talking from her home in LA. “But what was most challenging was the fact that this backlash was being aimed at me personally. The project had actually been conceived, written and edited by men [it was produced out of Grey New York]. But because I’m a female director, it fitted neatly into a troll’s narrative.”

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I'm sure someone's already mentioned it but I believe soy is too.  ;) 

Just the other day I heard someone order a gluten free beer!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, pixiii said:

I'm sure someone's already mentioned it but I believe soy is too.  ;) 

Soy literally has estrogen in it lol (or at least things that mimic the estrogen hormone)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pixiii said:

Apparently she was the Director but the ad itself was written by men.  Fancy that.  I'm not sure what kind of men she associates with but I don't know any type of male that acts the way these men have written this advert.  To me, the whole ad is like one big virtue signalling exercise. 

(In the voice of a child) What? Little old me? All I did was what the big mean men told me to :angry:

yeah, right. That explains the lack of consistency with the rest of her body of work :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZvxuwFUdpDP-zQJLyyD8

Soy boy.  A thirty something with the testosterone levels of an 80 year old.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, and then said:

Sorry andthen, doesn't look very woke to me.  Just another clueless ranter gone off the deep end.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OverSword said:

So they lost a ton of lifelong clients to impress a bunch of feminized neckbeards. That’s so what.

I have disagreed with you sometimes Oversword, but usually enjoyed it.  Until now.  It is all I can do to keep from tossing my cookies when I  think of  "neckbeards"  and "Feminized" in the same sentence.  Ugh!

No offense to any of you neckbeards out there, I'm sure you are perfectly nice people.  It is just difficult to put you in the set of feminine humans.  Probably just a value judgement on my part.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I have disagreed with you sometimes Oversword, but usually enjoyed it.  Until now.  It is all I can do to keep from tossing my cookies when I  think of  "neckbeards"  and "Feminized" in the same sentence.  Ugh!

No offense to any of you neckbeards out there, I'm sure you are perfectly nice people.  It is just difficult to put you in the set of feminine humans.  Probably just a value judgement on my part.

You see Tate,  the guys I refer to as neckbeards tend to be unattractive wimpy beta males that can only attract and will accept women that actually hate men nearly as much as they seem to hate life and themselves.

CIcKi3g.png

Edited by OverSword

16 hours ago, OverSword said:

You see Tate,  the guys I refer to as neckbeards tend to be unattractive wimpy beta males that can only attract and will accept women that actually hate men nearly as much as they seem to hate life and themselves.

Now you have put a picture to it.  Will the torture never end? 

These guys may indeed be frustrated beta males with anger and built up testosterone and no outlet, but to me that does not match with feminine.  In a baboon troop, the alpha males beat up the beta males and the beta males run over and beat up the females.

Sadly, within the histogram of human population there are just as many at the low end with few redeeming features as there are at the high end of beautiful talented people.  Most of us fall somewhere in the middle.

Now I am not accusing you of implying this, just using this opportunity to express my opinion.

Feminine does not have to be submissive or weak.  One of my memories is of a most feminine woman in a fine business dress and a naginata on her back riding on a crowded subway in Tokyo heading for a dojo and ready to beat the stuffing out of me on the tatami.   Or maybe Michelle if I am not reading too much into her posts taking care of her family then putting her pistol in her lunch box and heading off to the job.

Women can be gentle and kind and funny and intelligent without being wimpy.

Men can be masculine without strutting and trash talk.  Some of our best qualities might emerge when we have to care for or protect another.

46 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Now you have put a picture to it.  Will the torture never end? 

These guys may indeed be frustrated beta males with anger and built up testosterone and no outlet, but to me that does not match with feminine.  In a baboon troop, the alpha males beat up the beta males and the beta males run over and beat up the females.

Sadly, within the histogram of human population there are just as many at the low end with few redeeming features as there are at the high end of beautiful talented people.  Most of us fall somewhere in the middle.

Now I am not accusing you of implying this, just using this opportunity to express my opinion.

Feminine does not have to be submissive or weak.  One of my memories is of a most feminine woman in a fine business dress and a naginata on her back riding on a crowded subway in Tokyo heading for a dojo and ready to beat the stuffing out of me on the tatami.   Or maybe Michelle if I am not reading too much into her posts taking care of her family then putting her pistol in her lunch box and heading off to the job.

Women can be gentle and kind and funny and intelligent without being wimpy.

Men can be masculine without strutting and trash talk.  Some of our best qualities might emerge when we have to care for or protect another.

interesting observation,  so that means beta males are the ones who need to be dehumanized, not muscular alpha males, 

@Tatetopa I'm aligning them with the current toxic version of feminism which is as much about disenfranchising males as it is about empowering women.  These people feel that historically women have been no better than property and all men must be made to pay for it.  They protest outside men's rights meetings that are trying to raise awareness about men's issues such as being abused by their spouses, high suicide rates, child custody issues etc. as if by giving attention to these real issues it somehow will diminish the same issues for women.  This commercial was directed by one of their chief propagandists, director of other such classics as women kick balls or steroid enraged men beat children.

Men now avoid women at work 

It looks like Mike Pence is quite the trendsetter. The US vice-president famously refuses to have dinner alone with any woman who isn’t his wife – and now working men across corporate America appear to be following his lead.

A new study, due to be published in the journal Organizational Dynamics, has found that, following the #MeToo movement, men are significantly more reluctant to interact with their female colleagues. A few highlights from the research include:

• 27% of men avoid one-on-one meetings with female co-workers. Yep, that’s right, almost a third of men are terrified to be alone in a room with a woman.

• 21% of men said they would be reluctant to hire women for a job that would require close interaction (such as business travel).

• 19% of men would be reluctant to hire an attractive woman.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/men-now-avoid-women-another-050045912.html

Edited by aztek