Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gillette Feminist Commercial Controversy

spartan max2

19 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Never buying from Gillette again

Yep.

Hell, the toxic part of masculinity is the part I most enjoy! :D

edit:  obviously I'm kidding.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Yea its ridiculous man and a pretty poor pr strategy to try and guilt their target demographic. I could really not care less about this sjw attack on toxic masculinity. Women will determine the trends of male behavior and in my experience real women still want real men. Femme-men are for snooty prissy women and other femme-men.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Here's a video that talks about toxic masculinity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Never buying from Gillette again B)

List of Proctor & Gamble Brands (wiki)

what we are seeing here is advertising used for social engineering - I don't watch much TV but when
I do,  I notice that mixed race couples are heavily promoted - Proctor & Gamble must be a key player
in the New World Order, Globalist Agenda.... and it seems to be emerging that stripping the white male
of power and influence is one of the key strategies... which is kind of weird as I wouldn't mind betting
that the vast majority of Globalists covertly working to dictate the future of humanity are white males... :wacko:

• Like 5

@bee  I just found out the other day, Proctor & Gamble, a former US mega company, is now based in Nairobi, Kenya. But money is money! and they do promote.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

You better believe it!!! :yes: :innocent:

From a chainsaw carving, rough saddle breaking underground fighter who got his ass kicked by his 2 best friend Margo and Sandy and his older sisters.

:nw::nw::nw:

**** Gillette! I shave with a Stihl 170. :yes:

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

From a chainsaw carving, rough saddle breaking underground fighter who got his ass kicked by his 2 best friend Margo and Sandy and his older sisters.

:nw::nw::nw:

**** Gillette! I shave with a Stihl 170. :yes:

From a welding, saddle breaking, athlete and ballet dancer it doesn't take all that. Manipulation is my game. No violence needed. You must have had a hard head. :lol:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

From a welding, saddle breaking, athlete and ballet dancer it doesn't take all that. Manipulation is my game. No violence needed. You must have had a hard head. :lol:

Solid as granite and dense as lead.  :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, bee said:

Proctor & Gamble must be a key player
in the New World Order, Globalist Agenda

Funny you say that. I remember back in the 70’s rumor was that the founders of Proctor and Gamble were satanist and their logo was a magic symbol. I’m on a phone so don’t know how to link to an image but you can google proctor and gamble moon and stars logo to see it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Played american football for 6 years our team was as good as your division 2 teams , after that i started to practise martial arts and krav maga and have done so for 7 years. My head sounds mostly hollow.... these days otherwise a really soft guy  im easy but dont tell anyone :-)

• Like 2

I promise, I'll say nothing to no one!!!

20 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

My head sounds mostly hollow.... these days otherwise a really soft guy  im easy but dont tell anyone :-)

:D

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Funny you say that. I remember back in the 70’s rumor was that the founders of Proctor and Gamble were satanist and their logo was a magic symbol. I’m on a phone so don’t know how to link to an image but you can google proctor and gamble moon and stars logo to see it

I remember it as being owned by the Moonies.  Makes me wonder about a lot of businesses and who actually owns them.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bee said:

List of Proctor & Gamble Brands (wiki)

what we are seeing here is advertising used for social engineering - I don't watch much TV but when
I do,  I notice that mixed race couples are heavily promoted - Proctor & Gamble must be a key player
in the New World Order, Globalist Agenda.... and it seems to be emerging that stripping the white male
of power and influence is one of the key strategies... which is kind of weird as I wouldn't mind betting
that the vast majority of Globalists covertly working to dictate the future of humanity are white males... :wacko:

Thanks for posting this, bee.  I found 5 products I have to replace. :)   I'm tired of being preached to by self-righteous *******s.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@bee  I just found out the other day, Proctor & Gamble, a former US mega company, is now based in Nairobi, Kenya. But money is money! and they do promote.

P & G has been based in Cincinnati since its founding in 1837.  Their twin towers are a local landmark.

https://www.pglocations.com/

• Like 3

I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend.  I hate to think of the ads we might see from DeWalt, Budweiser, Ford, Weber, etc.  This could suck the fun out of a whole range of manly toys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend.  I hate to think of the ads we might see from DeWalt, Budweiser, Ford, Weber, etc.  This could suck the fun out of a whole range of manly toys.

Don’t tell me you haven’t noticed that most commercials these days feature a silly white Man surrounded by minorities and females rolling their eyes at how stupid he is? It’s pretty much the default now.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Don’t tell me you haven’t noticed that most commercials these days feature a silly white Man surrounded by minorities and females rolling their eyes at how stupid he is? It’s pretty much the default now.

It's been happening with sitcoms for years. King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond and so many others I can't remember because I don't watch them.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's been a pet peeve of mine for years.  No matter what the product is, it is an inept man who demonstrates a need for it and a woman who comes to his rescue.  I've noticed this at least since the 80s.  Now I'm seeing a new trend where whites are the inept ones and minorities are the heroes.  Advertising in general has long ago drifted away from selling and towards virtue signaling and social engineering.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, OverSword said:

My original comment was about the Gillette commercial openly denigrating the users of their products without the usual buffoon/hero one-act play or any overt attempt to sell anything.  That's something I haven't seen before.  So I was imagining the companies I mentioned saying "real men don't cut lumber, drink beer, drive trucks, grill out, etc."  

• Like 1

Advertising has long been built around button-pushing, the buttons change, but the underlying intent is to appeal to a target market. Thus we see brands of deodorant that users of, are seemingly instantly endowed with the ability to attract women, being targeted at that segment of the population who are eager to try anything to improve there luck, but most people would laugh at the absurdity of.

• Like 1

Oh you poor little snowflakes.

It's not social engineering. It's a marketing campaign jumping on the current trend's bandwagon. They're preaching to the converted because they guess there's an awful lot of them. If you don't like the message, so what?

I think what really annoys me about people's faux outrage to this is that they seem to think everyone but them is utterly incapable of seeing this ad for what it is. A cynical exploitation of the current liberal zeitgeist.

Relax. The sky isn't falling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

So Gillette ran this ad, I encourage you to watch the video and tell me what you think. I did not like it, feel free to ask me why in-depth  

I genuinely don't see what all the fuss is about. :huh: The ad is basically just telling guys "Don't be a dick and then blame that behavior on 'well, that's just what guys do!'" 

So yeah, since you basically told us why you don't like it, I'll definitely be responding to you here in-depth.

Reason number 1: I am not about to be lectured on morals by a mega corporation 

Again, I don't see what the big fuss is about. If a company starts making adds about anti-bullying or feeding the hungry or helping the homeless or whatever, it's clear their primary goal is most likely just to get more people to buy their product by playing off people's sympathy for whatever issue it is they're advertising about. However that doesn't negate the validity of the issues they supposedly run the ads on.

Teaching young boys that certain negative character traits (such as: never be a victim, never show any weakness, suppress your emotions, encouraging violence, empathy and compassion are 'unmanly', etc.) are what it means to 'be a man' is psychologically unhealthy and unrealistic.

Toxic Masculinity does NOT mean 'all men are toxic', it means that certain character traits often associated with masculinity are not actually masculine, they're just hateful and inconsiderate. Why would anyone be against that?

2: It is simply racist, like with most media now white people are always the villains or bad guys.   "In the ad, 43 males exhibit "undesirable" behavior. 42 white, 1 black. 7 males exhibit "desirable" behavior, 5 black, 2 white.", (I took this tweet from someone else. )

White people clearly aren't the problem. The problem are men who call themselves 'masculine' when in reality they're just douchebags.

3. A lot of the "traits" in here are not even bad, like teenagers watching a music video and looking at the hot girls in it (sorry males find females attractive), pinching your wife's butt ( I feel sorry for your significant other if you feel that is wrong lol), kids wrestling, obviously in the video is was suppose to portray a full out fight, but me, my dad and brothers literally wrestled each other for fun as little kids, it is fun, healthy, and normal.

They were clearly speaking against objectifying women, treating women with respect and dignity, not grabbing them or doing anything sexual without their consent, and not bullying or being violent with others.

If you're actually for any of that then you're part of the problem here.

This whole thing stereotypes the majority of men for the behaviors of a minority. It is harmful to stereotype. 

What the...? :huh: Where on earth did you get that?

I've already explained most of this above, but they were singling out a few character traits that are falsely associated with 'masculinity'. 

I mean, to suggest that they were stereotyping anyone is such a baseless claim I can't help but think you intentionally made that up out of thin air.

People are surprised by the offense being taken, but let me change the demographic and see how quickly you get offended.

- if you had one about females where it shows the majority of them doing false rape accusations, or lying about birth control, gold digging, being emotionally abusive to men. You know, a thing that a small minority of women do and then stereotyping the majority and telling them they have to police each other and do better.  

Uh, the issue of 'toxic femininity' (while not addressed by that specific name) actually is addressed on the left. :huh: The response to that is called feminism, and you conservatives make a point to s**t all over it every chance you get.

Granted, there are also some toxic forms of feminism that I too oppose, but the original overall form of feminism is a good thing for women.

- Or black people committing crimes, doing drugs, not being fathers. Can you imagine how insulting of a commercial that would be. 

Okay, veeeeeery big difference here. 

Masculinity and femininity are directly tied to gender biology, therefore to discuss what exactly defines those two terms is always in reference to that biological source.

Drugs and crime are not biologically linked to being a black person. BIG difference.

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

They could of easily had an empowering message, like by stating the fact that males are dropping out of high school and going to college much less then women. Maybe have a video about empowering them and giving each other support to not drop out of school.

But hey, men are evil.

Never buying from Gillette again B)

They did have a positive message. You were just apparently too triggered and insecure in your own manhood to hear it.

Apparently, anything even remotely negative regarding so-called 'masculinity' makes you conservatives melt like a bunch of special little snow flakes.

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1