Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gillette Feminist Commercial Controversy

spartan max2

On 1/17/2019 at 10:27 PM, OverSword said:

Don’t tell me you haven’t noticed that most commercials these days feature a silly white Man surrounded by minorities and females rolling their eyes at how stupid he is? It’s pretty much the default now.

Yep, a while ago it was the females taking the place of the silly man in ads... Feminist said that it was wrong to do this so they do this to man right now so it's okay...

It's just impossible to put the pendula in full stop in the middle, peoples are too stupid so prepare for a couple of centuries of man bashing.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

You do realise that street harassment is a form of sexual harassment, do you not? 

Of course I do. I’m not talking about harassment. You do know what harassment is right?

27 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Ah yes, the provocatively dressed woman who is just asking for it. Doesn't matter that you're not the one she's asking it from, she shouldn't be out there strutting her stuff should she. But yeah sure we'll stop dressing the way we want to so that men who have difficulty controlling their sexual urges won't be forced to assault us in any way.. said no woman ever.

Right cause you are all little princesses who have the right to criticize every man you see, but your behavior should never be called into question. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jon the frog said:

Yep, a while ago it was the females taking the place of the silly man in ads... Feminist said that it was wrong to do this so they do this to man right now so it's okay...

It's just impossible to put the pendula in full stop in the middle, peoples are too stupid so prepare for a couple of centuries of man bashing.

I've said the same thing about racism...

The way the modern "left" is combating "white priviledge" is with blatant racism itself!...

It's fascinating how they can point out all the wrongs in society,but they can accept/endorse it if it upticks their voting base profile...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I know mugging is a crime, I was pointing out how ironic it would be for a mugger too use a "He asked for it." defense.  Rape is a crime also, but the way  a woman was dressed seems to come up regularly in those cases.

Now, at least in my world, calling out to a woman on the street, "Hey baby, you sure got a nice ***",  is not the way most enduring relationships start.    If a man is approached by a drunk or panhandler his first reaction might be to tell him to get lost.  If that doesn't work, he might wonder  why the police don't arrest the person for vagrancy.  In our current society, encounters with strangers on the street seldom lead to anything good.  A woman approached by a man on the street doesn't know if he is confident or a predator.  It is not a crime to approach a woman on the street  but may not be the best way to find you soulmate.

Certainly just calling out to a women on the street gives a man a low chance of success. I agree with that. 

37 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

... But yeah sure we'll stop dressing the way we want to so that men who have difficulty controlling their sexual urges won't be forced to assault us in any way.. said no woman ever.

This is why men are concerned how their wives, sisters and daughters dress.  Men recognise there are other men that don't appear to have a satisfactory level of control.

I apologise for the insensitive analogy; but, victim blaming is what law enforcement and insurance companies do when you experience theft after leaving your home or car unlocked.

The smartest people in our society don't know how to prevent those without self-control.  I can't always be there to protect my daughter.  The best I can hope for is to ensure she knows that to preserve the better part of her freedom may mean taking some precautions.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Of course I do. I’m not talking about harassment. You do know what harassment is right?

If you're not talking about harassment, then what are you talking about? 

26 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Right cause you are all little princesses who have the right to criticize every man you see, but your behavior should never be called into question. 

Exactly. Took you a while, but you've finally caught on.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

You do realise that street harassment is a form of sexual harassment, do you not?

Agreed, but not the kind you can do much about from a legal point of view.  It's pretty tasteless.  I see a certain, uhmm....group of people do this frequently, could it be considered cultural?

Ah yes, the provocatively dressed woman who is just asking for it. Doesn't matter that you're not the one she's asking it from, she shouldn't be out there strutting her stuff should she. But yeah sure we'll stop dressing the way we want to so that men who have difficulty controlling their sexual urges won't be forced to assault us in any way.. said no woman ever.

I've always said a woman could walk around me nude and feel safe.  It's not like I haven't seen it before.  Around here during the summer solstice you can expect to see naked people riding their bikes down the street in celebration.  One morning I was walking down Broadway when a pack of around 30 naked people rode past and my reaction was "Must be that time of year again"  But don't get me wrong, if there is a beautiful woman around me dressed nicely or provocatively I look.  I try not to be rude but I can't not at least check her out.  It's in my genes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

If you're not talking about harassment, then what are you talking about? 

A man, making an advancement towards a women on the street. Before she has rejected his advances. The poor guy in the commercial didn’t even get that far before he was mansplained.

Exactly. Took you a while, but you've finally caught on.

: ) lol

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

This is why men are concerned how their wives, sisters and daughters dress.  Men recognise there are other men that don't appear to have a satisfactory level of control.

I apologise for the insensitive analogy; but, victim blaming is what law enforcement and insurance companies do when you experience theft after leaving your home or car unlocked.

The smartest people in our society don't know how to prevent those without self-control.  I can't always be there to protect my daughter.  The best I can hope for is to ensure she knows that to preserve the better part of her freedom may mean taking some precautions.

So you're saying if i live in the same vicinity of a well lit usually occupied park and a rough neighborhood,that i shouldn't be expecting the same kinda security and comfort for my own well being if i decide to go for a jog wearing my rolex,gold chains,and listening to tunes on my new $1,000 Iphone in both places?...that's MADNESS!!!

You can't tell me what to do,i'm going for my run through the rough neighborhood,and if anything bad happens...Well it's all the rest of you peoples fault! :angry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I understand, but at the same time you can appreciate why many women would baulk at sacrificing any part of their freedom. and why they would resent being blamed for not doing so. Besides, the fact of the matter is that some men can't control their impulses regardless of what a woman is wearing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

A man, making an advancement towards a women on the street. Before she has rejected his advances. The poor guy in the commercial didn’t even get that far before he was mansplained.

There is no way of knowing what the man in the ad intended to do. You interpreted it one way, I another.

Being approached by a stranger on the street who expresses interest in you is rarely a comfortable situation to be in. In some cases it can be downright frightening.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

the fact of the matter is that some men can't control their impulses regardless of what a woman is wearing. 

Yep.  In the case of the men a woman may have to worry about her attire probably plays little role.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

There is no way of knowing what the man in the ad intended to do. You interpreted it one way, I another.

Being approached by a stranger on the street who expresses interest in you is rarely a comfortable situation to be in. In some cases it can be downright frightening.

Well from my POV you are doing the thinking for that women. Just cause you feel that way, doesn’t mean she does. That guy didn’t look scary at all. In fact he looked a lot like what many women would have in mind as far as a mate. Confidence and all. He wasn’t even given a chance to show what his intentions were, at that point it wasn’t any of the other guys business. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

at that point it wasn’t any of the other guys business. 

Yeah.  I would have broke his wrist if a stranger laid hands on me like that.  And that would of course have really impressed the female :lol:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah.  I would have broke his wrist if a stranger laid hands on me like that.  And that would of course have really impressed the female :lol:

Very true...the female feminist warrior saw 2 guys to reject in that situation...Not just "you" the first guy,but also the "White knight" who's help she most assuredly didn't need!...

She was about to pull some comic book level ass whoopin out,before the dork who's wrist you broke like some kinda manimal intervened on her bad ass'ness ;) :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I understand, but at the same time you can appreciate why many women would baulk at sacrificing any part of their freedom. and why they would resent being blamed for not doing so. Besides, the fact of the matter is that some men can't control their impulses regardless of what a woman is wearing. 

I can accept your point regarding freedom.  I can't think of a better approach to resolving the conflict.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well from my POV you are doing the thinking for that women. Just cause you feel that way, doesn’t mean she does. That guy didn’t look scary at all. In fact he looked a lot like what many women would have in mind as far as a mate. Confidence and all. He wasn’t even given a chance to show what his intentions were, at that point it wasn’t any of the other guys business. 

News flash: The vast majority of women don't like being objectified, or approached by random men on the street because most men don’t approach women with respect; they approach with sexual entitlement. And even if that is not the case, what you need to understand is that most women have experienced or heard stories of times when men have been sexually or verbally violent in those kinds of encounters. So that guy in the ad may have been all kinds of decent, but the woman has no way of knowing that. For all she knows that casual hello could turn into her worst possible nightmare.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

News flash: The vast majority of women don't like being objectified, or approached by random men on the street because most men don’t approach women with respect; they approach with sexual entitlement. And even if that is not the case

it either is the case or it's not

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

News flash: The vast majority of women don't like being objectified, or approached by random men on the street because most men don’t approach women with respect; they approach with sexual entitlement. And even if that is not the case, what you need to understand is that most women have experienced or heard stories of times when men have been sexually or verbally violent in those kinds of encounters. So that guy in the ad may have been all kinds of decent, but the woman has no way of knowing that. For all she knows that casual hello could turn into her worst possible nightmare.

Now we get to the point, thank you for this post, really. 

Most men are not like this, and we don’t appreciate being told we are to the point where freaking razor companies think they have some moral high ground to lecture us. 

Most encounters between men and women on the street do not end in anywhere near a legal situation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Most men are not like this, and we don’t appreciate being told we are to the point where freaking razor companies think they have some moral high ground to lecture us. 

Most encounters between men and women on the street do not end in anywhere near a legal situation. 

absolutely 100% agree

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Most men who are not like that don't approach women on the street. And just because such encounters don't end in a legal situation, doesn't mean that the woman wasn't left feeling rattled by the encounter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Most men who are not like that don't approach women on the street. And just because such encounters don't end in a legal situation, doesn't mean that the woman wasn't left feeling rattled by the encounter. 

That’s just not true though. I approached my eventual wife. It wasn’t on the street, but I guess from your POV it would have been just as scary, but you know what? She smiled and wrote her number down on a napkin I had in my pocket. 16 years later we are still here.

There are millions of such stories. Stop trying to demasculate men. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

The vast majority of women don't like being objectified, or approached by random men on the street because most men don’t approach women with respect; they approach with sexual entitlement.

i am NOT one of these most men you refer to!.. & neither are any of my male friends! you need to think before you speak & get in the real world!

you're starting to annoy me now- i'd suggest you give it a rest & show respect to the 99.9999999% of men on this planet you <do not know>

thanks, i'd appreciate it- as i'm sure probably every man reading this would as well

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

That’s just not true though. I approached my eventual wife. It wasn’t on the street, but I guess from your POV it would have been just as scary, but you know what? She smiled and wrote her number down on a napkin I had in my pocket. 16 years later we are still here.

There are millions of such stories. Stop trying to demasculate men. 

If you're going to accuse me of something, learn how to spell it first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i am NOT one of these most men you refer to!.. & neither are any of my male friends! you need to think before you speak & get in the real world!

you're starting to annoy me now- i'd suggest you give it a rest & show respect to the 99.9999999% of men on this planet you <do not know>

thanks, i'd appreciate it- as i'm sure probably every man reading this would as well

Really? You just proved that you are.

• Like 1