Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bullied Kids Who Are Angry

MainerMikeBrown

When I was in high school, I remember some fellow students of mine who were often bullied by other youths were angry, frustrated, and sick and tired of being picked on and beat up.

So if you know a youngster who also feels that way, what should you tell him or her?  What should teachers tell the student?

I think it's a bad idea to tell them that they should always walk away from a physically larger bully who is picking on them instead of standing up for themselves and risk getting into a fist fight that they'll lose.  If you do so, that may make them feel even more powerless, which in turn can make them feel even more bitter.

So with that said, what do you think you or a teacher should tell a student who is sick and tired of being kicked around?

Discuss.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OverSword

• MainerMikeBrown

• and-then

• baronesslucy

Running scared from them can ruin the rest of your life.  It sets you up to think of yourself as a coward.

• Thanks 1

There doesn't seem to be an easy answer to this and I'm not really sure what a teacher would say.   If the bullied kid fights back, he or she does risk being beaten up but they also risk being expelled or suspended from school.  I doubt a teacher would encourage a bullied kids to physically fight back as they would be sued by the bully's parents or criminally charge. Bulled Kids are where battered wives were 40 years ago.  Usually they are blamed for the bullying and in some cases the teachers have by their actions condoned the bullying.