Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
susieice

Smiley Face Murders

40 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Imaginarynumber1
3 minutes ago, Vincennes said:

Well you need to call the CPD and all of the news channels and let them know you're opinion.  It will save them a lot of investigative time.  

I work with CPD every night. They are well aware. My point is that it is not uncommon for people to get themselves killed in strange ways and sometimes not be found for extended periods of time. No mysterious group of serial killers needed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Vincennes
26 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I work with CPD every night. They are well aware. My point is that it is not uncommon for people to get themselves killed in strange ways and sometimes not be found for extended periods of time. No mysterious group of serial killers needed.

You work with the CPD every night ?  I really hope this isn't true because you sound exactly like the type who insists all missing people/kids run aways for the first 48 hours.  "Why look for them, they usually come home on their own.  Happens all the time."  

My point was that these two cases have very similar aspects to those described in the Smiley documentary and they DO !  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
7 minutes ago, Vincennes said:

You work with the CPD every night ?  I really hope this isn't true because you sound exactly like the type who insists all missing people/kids run aways for the first 48 hours.  "Why look for them, they usually come home on their own.  Happens all the time."  

I never once said, nor implied that.

7 minutes ago, Vincennes said:

My point was that these two cases have very similar aspects to those described in the Smiley documentary and they DO !  

You can make any disappearance sound like it fits,  especially when you dont have a body 

There was a guy dissapeared mysteriously on 4th of July in 05, on his way way home from a party. For nine years his body sat in his car in a retention pond in a very well traveled area. No group of killers needed. 

Speaking of 4th of July, just last year a guy sat dead in his car of an OD in the middle of a Kroger parking lot for an entire week before he was found on the 4th. 

People like a good mystery, I get it. But the truth is often far more mundane. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regi
20 hours ago, skliss said:

 1st guy arrives back at hotel at 4 am and sees Brian is missing. 

Yes, and by then, he hadn't even seen Brian for the better part of two hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
7 hours ago, Regi said:

Yes, and by then, he hadn't even seen Brian for the better part of two hours.

Right....Brian disappears....that's what this is all about .... not sure what point you are trying to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regi
1 hour ago, skliss said:

Right....Brian disappears....that's what this is all about .... not sure what point you are trying to make.

My point is that he wasn't there when Brian "disappeared".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
15 hours ago, Regi said:

My point is that he wasn't there when Brian "disappeared".

And? No one was or Brian would still be around. Same with the others. If anyone was with them they would still be here. I'm not sure what that has to do with not believing these are crimes and not accidents. Are you saying he didn't disappear? He was shooed off the property by the doorman and never seen again until his body was found. Obviously what they found out about his case was enough to have it reopened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regi
On 2/16/2019 at 12:30 PM, skliss said:

He was shooed off the property by the doorman and never seen again until his body was found.

That's another circumstance that wasn't clear to me; From what little I could read from the police report re: his statements, I don't think it's that the doorman wouldn't let him in, I think it's that he didn't know Brian was a guest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
19 minutes ago, Regi said:

That's another circumstance that wasn't clear to me; From what little I could read from the police report re: his statements, I don't think it's that the doorman wouldn't let him in, I think it's that he didn't know Brian was a guest.

I agree with that, I think by that point Brian was so incoherent he couldn't have expressed that he was a guest. Another clue that confirms he couldn't have crossed 10 lanes of traffic with a huge barrier in the middle, then another highway, climb over a chain link fence and still would have had to make his way down to the river. All with no witnesses seeing him do that. Add on top the river temp and flow speed showing it would have taken only 36 hours to reach the beach where he was found plus lack of decomp in Brian says he couldn't have been in the water 77 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
4 minutes ago, skliss said:

I agree with that, I think by that point Brian was so incoherent he couldn't have expressed that he was a guest. Another clue that confirms he couldn't have crossed 10 lanes of traffic with a huge barrier in the middle, then another highway, climb over a chain link fence and still would have had to make his way down to the river. All with no witnesses seeing him do that. Add on top the river temp and flow speed showing it would have taken only 36 hours to reach the beach where he was found plus lack of decomp in Brian says he couldn't have been in the water 77 days.

I'm not familiar with the case you are speaking of, but , having some experience in both areas, I will tell you that a drunk man can and will do things you would consider impossible. Conversely, if some had been the water 77 days, EVERYONE would know, especially those doing the autopsy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regi
5 minutes ago, skliss said:

I agree with that, I think by that point Brian was so incoherent he couldn't have expressed that he was a guest.

Well, my point was that the friend said that the doorman wouldn't let him in because he was sick, but that's not accurate is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regi

^ For me, it's a conclusion for which I don't understand the basis.

At this point, it appears to me it was offered as justification for those three guys Brian was with having left him sick and outside in the cold.

In other words, I'm unaware of any facts which support that conclusion.

Edited by Regi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincennes

 

One thing that bothered me is that I had the impression that when they left the bar they left it in a car.  I didn't hear anyone mention walking until after they were at the hotel and Brian was left outside.   Needless to say that would mean the killer followed them in a car to the hotel.  Anyone else have that impression ?

I also thought it was odd that if Brian crossed that roadway, climbed the fence and the side barricade that no one ever reported seeing him do it.  That road is non-stop 24 hours a day.  It would also be such an oddity for a crossing, I think if he did that someone would remember seeing him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regi
1 hour ago, Vincennes said:

One thing that bothered me is that I had the impression that when they left the bar they left it in a car.

This is what I'm sayin', it isn't clear! 20 Years later and we aren't presented with a clear and accurate picture!

Anyway, it sounded to me as though some of the guys took a car to the bar, while others took a cab, and then after the bar closed, Brian and three of the guys went back to the hotel in the car, while the friend (Nick's his name) and some other guy went elsewhere in a cab, although, it wasn't clear to me whether those two arrived back at the hotel in a cab or had walked back.  :blink:

Edited by Regi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regi
1 hour ago, Vincennes said:

I also thought it was odd that if Brian crossed that roadway, climbed the fence and the side barricade that no one ever reported seeing him do it.  That road is non-stop 24 hours a day.  It would also be such an oddity for a crossing, I think if he did that someone would remember seeing him.  

Yeah, I'd expect that someone would have, but I wouldn't have ruled out that he could have taken the pedestrian tunnel, which- based on what I figured- is only 0.3 miles from the hotel.

Edited by Regi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.