Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to make major announcement re shutdown

susieice

34 minutes ago, and then said:

Young man, when over 90% of the media platforms in this country all spend most of their time attempting to turn public opinion against Trump and even tend to use the exact same stories and verbiage to do so, your contention seems silly.  But as you said, carry on.  The aspect of all this Trump hatred that you seem willing to overlook is that those who do not agree with the agenda of the Left have had their eyes opened since 2016 in a way that will cause them to never be blind to the propaganda machine again.  Never.  Those who believe that America post-Trump will go back to civility and respect for the Office are kidding themselves.  It goes downhill from here.

I dunno AT...i've heard a LOTTA big talk come from Republicans of all stature since the Clinton (Bill) days...once their lines have been crossed,they sit down,shut up,and take it for the most part...

One thing i have to give credit to Dems for...they have made themselves known,weather it be for better or worse,they havn't just sat back quietly and took it...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Interesting perspective, So. Ala.  you're entitled to your opinion

Based on most of the rest of his comments, I think he was putting on some heavy sarcasm.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

If you want to see the difference between an actual left-wing media company vs. the MSM, check out this clip of the founder and president of TYT explaining that very difference to their faces:

Nice video clip.  I've only come across that guy once before.  I will look for him in the future.  It was a good point, the MSM is more status quo and corporate elitist than left wing.  And you gotta admit, corporate elitists didn't invite Donald into their club before he was president.  They had no use for him.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Nice video clip.  I've only come across that guy once before.  I will look for him in the future.  It was a good point, the MSM is more status quo and corporate elitist than left wing.  And you gotta admit, corporate elitists didn't invite Donald into their club before he was president.  They had no use for him.  

Yeah, it's the fact that Trump breaks conventional norms and upsets the status quo that upsets the establishment mainstream media so much, not that they're 'left-wing'.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Yeah, it's the fact that Trump breaks conventional norms and upsets the status quo that upsets the establishment mainstream media so much, not that they're 'left-wing'.

Plus the fact that is a blasphemer and a heretic. He dares to bypass Their Sacred Conduit, and communicates directly with the people via twitter. 

Oh the horror ! He MUST be destroyed.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So they made an announcement about an announcement?

You know you're in trouble when you have to make an announcement about an announcement.

Trump: what do you want me to do?

Advisor: tell the people how you are going to solve the problem

Trump: OK I'll do it tomorrow

Advisor's asst to Advisor: You can't believe a word he says - he won't announce anything.

Advisor: Right, you tell the world, use that twit thing, there will be an announcement - that'll sort that.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Maybe he's going to get Bangladesh to pay for the wall.  They could use slave labor at cheap rates. Happy Democrats, happy Republicans and happy Bangladeshi for finally be known for some reason other than knowing how to play Cricket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Dems and Repubs would still have to get together and craft a bill the President will sign to reopen the government.  With the wall out of the way, it might happen.  Everybody wins, including Nancy,  its great for her reputation, she stood up to the President and made him take another road.  Libs will be delighted.

I just hope we can get that $5 billion or more  transferred  to Homeland Security and ICE to modernize the checkpoints where most of the drugs and contraband enter.  They can only inspect about 8% of traffic now they say. If they can do that, then we win, the citizens that is. 

I thought the intention was to use the money to re-build disaster stricken areas such as Portorico and California?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Based on most of the rest of his comments, I think he was putting on some heavy sarcasm.

:huh:  Boink!   Didn't think of that, Tat.  I am not used to his posting style.

PS:  Tat and I were talking about South Alabama's saying that he was Ok with one in 29.6 (or whatever) people in America being illegal.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

:huh:  Boink!   Didn't think of that, Tat.  I am not used to his posting style.

PS:  Tat and I were talking about South Alabama's saying that he was Ok with one in 29.6 (or whatever) people in America being illegal.

It's absolutely amazing how out of every 29 people in this country we have one who is illegal, and those who want to do something about it are deemed racist, or Nazis, yet the country that most of them come from will throw you in prison for being illegally in their country. I'm not sure if a wall is a solution, but illegal immigration is a problem that does need fixed.

Since 1969 illegal immigration numbers went from 500,000 to 12,000,000.

• The title was changed to Trump to make major announcement re shutdown
18 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

It's absolutely amazing how out of every 29 people in this country we have one who is illegal, and those who want to do something about it are deemed racist, or Nazis, yet the country that most of them come from will throw you in prison for being illegally in their country. I'm not sure if a wall is a solution, but illegal immigration is a problem that does need fixed.

Since 1969 illegal immigration numbers went from 500,000 to 12,000,000.

Well, I know for certain NOW!!  :D    Welcome to the club of sensical people, South Alabam

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I dunno AT...i've heard a LOTTA big talk come from Republicans of all stature since the Clinton (Bill) days...once their lines have been crossed,they sit down,shut up,and take it for the most part...

One thing i have to give credit to Dems for...they have made themselves known,weather it be for better or worse,they havn't just sat back quietly and took it...

I agree.  Thing is, I'm not a "Republican", I'm an AMERICAN and when this movement firmly entrenches itself, and it will, they won't be content until they have everything about our lives under their control.  Take it as hyperbole if you like but you need look no further than California or NYC to see where their ideology leads.  It's absolutely toxic and I will fight it by whatever means it takes when their reach makes it to my state.  The reason they've come totally into the open is the silence of people who disagree.  The Republican members of Congress are gutless and fear the media more than anything.  A day may come when it's the media that have to live in fear.  I make no threats, I just look at the situation logically.  These propaganda generators are responsible for the unrest and discontent and one day they'll be held accountable.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, and then said:

He can declare a national emergency without ending the shutdown.  If he chooses to take the route of retreating while knowing that some jerk at the ninth circus will stop his order for months then it's the same as just folding as far as his constituency is concerned.  It will be political suicide.

Notice that this announcement comes days after meeting with a number of new Prog Reps in Congress.  If he declares a national emergency, couldn’t he easily sack all the judges in the ninth circuit and then rush the Senate to confirm new judges?  Then build the wall, end the shutdown, and give Daca amnesty.  Then tell the Progs in Congress that if they don’t learn how to negotiate, he’ll do it all himself.  And it’ll all be Constitutional.  That would generate a no confidence vote of Pelosi in the House.

6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Notice that this announcement comes days after meeting with a number of new Prog Reps in Congress.  If he declares a national emergency, couldn’t he easily sack all the judges in the ninth circuit and then rush the Senate to confirm new judges?  Then build the wall, end the shutdown, and give Daca amnesty.  Then tell the Progs in Congress that if they don’t learn how to negotiate, he’ll do it all himself.  And it’ll all be Constitutional.  That would generate a no confidence vote of Pelosi in the House.

I don't believe that the President has the power to remove a judge ? That power is solely granted to the House of Representatives via the impeachment system ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

I thought the intention was to use the money to re-build disaster stricken areas such as Portorico and California?

Yes it was.  I would prefer an appropriation of money for the project, not one lifted from another project.  Really the money designated for a wall would do nothing for other border security needs.  An yes there is a certain amount of politics at play here. 

How would the President respond if Congress says, "We will not appropriate money to the tune of $5.7 billion  for a wall,   but we will assign $10 billion dollars to border security personnel, check point modernization, and Coast Guard intervention to stop drug trafficking.  If you are really concerned about border security, you will take that generous offer Mr. President." 

I wonder if that has crossed the Democrat's mind?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

So basically for him to become full blown dictator to get his own way is what you want. 

People are failing to realise that Dems control the House and they have a duty to their constituents, the majority of US citizens (not to mention plenty of Republicans who don't care about the tiny bit of wall that this funding will produce), to not build the pointless wall. There are three branches of government for a reason. You can't just declare a state of emergency because you're not getting your own way with one of them. That's outright madness.

People also don't seem to realise that Trump only spent half of the 1.7b he previously received for the wall on the actual wall. Why would his government be trusted with another 5b dollars?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I just hope we can get that $5 billion or more  transferred  to Homeland Security and ICE to modernize the checkpoints where most of the drugs and contraband enter.  They can only inspect about 8% of traffic now they say. If they can do that, then we win, the citizens that is. 

We need to beef up checkpoints but it won’t do any good to focus only on them.  Focusing only on checkpoints will create the whack-a-mole effect.  Drugs and illegals will find another place to cross.  The border is like a garden hose filled with holes.  Those holes need to be patched before the flow can resume.  A wall system will do that.  To continue the analogy, that flow then goes through the checkpoints, then that flow can be clamped down on and controlled.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I don't believe that the President has the power to remove a judge ? That power is solely granted to the House of Representatives via the impeachment system ? 

I believe he does.  It seems that most Presidents going back to at least Reagan has fired judges.  They are appointees that work at the pleasure of the President.

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I believe he does.  It seems that most Presidents going back to at least Reagan has fired judges.  They are appointees that work at the pleasure of the President.

I think you'll find that this is not actually the case ? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_judge#Tenure_and_salary

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

They are the third separate but equal branch of the government- the judicial.  The President appoints but doesn't fire.  Otherwise we would have new Supreme Court Justices every presidency.

• Like 2

Oh the irony,  they are saying Trump is going to offer them the DACA deal that he turned downed back in March when the Dems were willing to give him the $5 billion.  Thinking the recent failed court ruling is going to weaken his hand this time around, however. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

The House can't impeach without the Senate. That's why Clinton was aquitted.

• Like 1