Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to make major announcement re shutdown

susieice

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I'm sure they will be happy to send a bill to him funding the full 805$ million (and not the wall).

Well then game over, he is not going to concede for half measures. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He's a billionaire.  If he wants to build it and own it, I am fine with that.  It's obviously not important enough for him to personally sacrifice for.

It would take most if not all of his fortune so that's a bit extreme to expect especially considering that it's peanuts as far as government spending is concerned and he shouldn't have to. Now if he had Jeff Bezos money i'd be expecting him to take that route. 

• Like 1

Just because there is a problem at points of entry doesn't mean we don't also need to stop Human and Drug smuggling across the rest of the Border. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

It would take most if not all of his fortune so that's a bit extreme to expect especially considering that it's peanuts as far as government spending is concerned and he shouldn't have to. Now if he had Jeff Bezos money i'd be expecting him to take that route. 

Another thing that strikes me as ironic.  Clinton and the Republicans had a shutdown.  It was about the budget and deficit.  Fast forward a few decades later and we literally have Republicans not caring if we waste billions even though we have astronomical debt and a bad deficit.  I miss the old fiscally responsible party I belonged to all those years ago. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Another thing that strikes me as ironic.  Clinton and the Republicans had a shutdown.  It was about the budget and deficit.  Fast forward a few decades later and we literally have Republicans not caring if we waste billions even though we have astronomical debt and a bad deficit.  I miss the old fiscally responsible party I belonged to all those years ago. 

I don't think you belonged to the party back then based on you positions expressed now. It's only January and we the U.S. Taxpayers have already in less than a month spent 12 Billion Dollars supporting Illegal Aliens in terms of welfare and benefits. Compare that to the 5 billion President Trump is asking for border fencing and walls. Which is going to be more fiscally responsible to U.S. Taxpayers in the long run. You are not fiscally responsible in your stance on this matter so don't pretend that you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lost_shaman said:

I don't think you belonged to the party back then based on you positions expressed now. It's only January and we the U.S. Taxpayers have already in less than a month spent 12 Billion Dollars supporting Illegal Aliens in terms of welfare and benefits. Compare that to the 5 billion President Trump is asking for border fencing and walls. Which is going to be more fiscally responsible to U.S. Taxpayers in the long run. You are not fiscally responsible in your stance on this matter so don't pretend that you are.

The wall is going to do nothing to change those numbers.  The illegals that are here are here. (government spending and the overall economy are separate anyways)  Even Trump hires them.  But, I'll admit- no one is fiscally responsible anymore.  It's just another plank from the Republican party ripped away and discarded.  It's like the meme going around here in Iowa:  China buys our national debt so we can pay our farmers who are going broke because they can't sell their crops to China because of our trade war.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

And I agree with him.  Heck so does Pelosi and the Democrats: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/9/nancy-pelosi-democrats-embrace-ports-entry-crackdo/

I'm sure they will be happy to send a bill to him funding the full 805$ million (and not the wall).

That's bs man. The country doesn't belong to just them. This is something WE really want and it's our country too. Concessions are always made to appease the dems because they whine, cry and bully like little biches and i for one am tired of appeasing them while we "continue the debate" on "comprehensive immigration policy".  We've been kicking this can fown the road for decades. 

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Cry a river man. The money isn't that huge amd we'll get it back tenfold and more if we solve this problem correctly. 

• Like 2

Just now, F3SS said:

That's bs man. The country doesn't belong to just them. This is something WE really want and it's our country too. Concessions are always made to appease the dems because they whine, cry and bully like little biches and i for one am tired of appeasing them while we "continue the debate" on "comprehensive immigration policy".  We've been kicking this can fown the road for decades. 

Cry a river man. The money isn't that huge amd we'll get it back tenfold and more if we solve this problem correctly. 

Trump and the Republicans could have built the wall without a single Democrat vote in the last two years.  Now it's the Democrats fault because they couldn't get their act together and agree/vote as a team?  The only change is now Trump has a scapegoat on why he can't get it done because the Democrats have the majority.  (And seriously, is he expecting Democrats to work with him when members of his own party didn't?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The wall is going to do nothing to change those numbers.

Yes it will. It will curb Human and Drug smuggling in the future. It will reduce the workload and dangers to Border Patrol Agents. It will reduce the amount of money we spend on Welfare for Illegal Aliens in the Country who get free benefits simply by crossing the Border illegally while they have paid nothing into our system that the rest of the U.S. Taxpayers have paid into most of their adult lives!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The wall is going to do nothing to change those numbers.

If it wasn't going to hurt the Democrats in some way, why would they be fighting over it until the last dog dies?  Peddle it elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Trump and the Republicans could have built the wall without a single Democrat vote in the last two years.  Now it's the Democrats fault because they couldn't get their act together and agree/vote as a team?  The only change is now Trump has a scapegoat on why he can't get it done because the Democrats have the majority.  (And seriously, is he expecting Democrats to work with him when members of his own party didn't?)

No prob!  Burn it down, baby!

When are the democrats going to give to our country the stop of drugs,  sex trafficking and terrostism,the killings of our kids   :(

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Last year Democrats voted to give over half a Billion Dollars in Foreign Aid to Jordan to build a Wall/fence of over 200 miles on the Jordanian/Syrian Border, but now they call it "immoral" for our own Country to do the same! They are just pure Hypocrites that have NO interest in protecting our own Country and our own Citizens that they are obligated to protect! 

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Last year Democrats voted to give over half a Billion Dollars in Foreign Aid to Jordan to build a Wall/fence of over 200 miles on the Jordanian/Syrian Border, but now they call it "immoral" for our own Country to do the same! They are just pure Hypocrits that have NO interest in protecting our own Country and our own Citizens that they are obligated to protect! 

ya that right democrats  giveing all the money to other countries for their protection but not us USA,  trump could win  :(

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Less than one tenth of one percent.  The next thing he needs to do is bring in about 50,000 independent accountants to start accounting for all the ridiculous waste!

• Like 3

And...the regurge proposal is rejected

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/11919/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Good. Trump owns this shutdown and every knows it. No caving to the tantrum in chief.

Trump's deal in a nutshell: I'll temporarily return what I took from you if you give me 5.6 billion.

Golly, how can she say no?

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

The house would vote to reopen the government.  The Senate would vote to reopen the government if that piece of trash McConnell would send the bill to a vote.  This shutdown belongs to one petulant child.  To all the people saying "just give him the 5 billion dollars", that's not how our government works.  We elect our representatives to vote what is in our best interest.  They couldn't even vote on the 5 billion when the Republicans had the majority, because not enough of them support it.  THIS IS ONE MAN holding the government hostage.  Keep it shut down.  I am good for another 4 or 5 paychecks.  Don't give him anything.  

• Like 5

Cost didn't matter with the trillion dollar stimulus that benefited nobody except lobbyist. Effectiveness didn't matter when they crammed the aca down our throats which ended up costing me every last dollar i make each year. What did they always say about the aca when we said it sucks? Oh yea, at least he tried. Be nice to see the same courtesy extended. Rats.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

The house would vote to reopen the government.  The Senate would vote to reopen the government if that piece of trash McConnell would send the bill to a vote.  This shutdown belongs to one petulant child.  To all the people saying "just give him the 5 billion dollars", that's not how our government works.  We elect our representatives to vote what is in our best interest.  They couldn't even vote on the 5 billion when the Republicans had the majority, because not enough of them support it.  THIS IS ONE MAN holding the government hostage.  Keep it shut down.  I am good for another 4 or 5 paychecks.  Don't give him anything.  

hey it what Obama did in shutting down the government,  you get his medical bill

23 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

And...the regurge proposal is rejected

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/11919/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Good. Trump owns this shutdown and every knows it. No caving to the tantrum in chief.

Their number one concern, first mention belongs to... Drum roll please... DREAMERS. Not Americans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Cost didn't matter with the trillion dollar stimulus that benefited nobody except lobbyist. Effectiveness didn't matter when they crammed the aca down our throats which ended up costing me every last dollar i make each year. What did they always say about the aca when we said it sucks? Oh yea, at least he tried. Be nice to see the same courtesy extended. Rats.

You know, "A please can we try this idea" would have probably gone a lot further than "Stupid Democrats kill kids with drugs, love Central Americans more than America and hate the Constitution".  But unfortunately that wasn't the argument or narrative that was spread.  The whole message for the Trump presidency has been, "We won and will do what we want and forget decency." 

But hey, I'm not the "Great Negotiator".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And the crux of the speakers counter is... big surprise... Reopen government and "continue the discussion". Screw them.

• Thanks 1