Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to make major announcement re shutdown

susieice

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

You know, "A please can we try this idea" would have probably gone a lot further than "Stupid Democrats kill kids with drugs, love Central Americans more than America and hate the Constitution".  But unfortunately that wasn't the argument or narrative that was spread.  The whole message for the Trump presidency has been, "We won and will do what we want and forget decency." 

But hey, I'm not the "Great Negotiator".

He never said that. 

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Expound?

What were you expecting?

• Like 2

He never said that but anybody with an open set of eyes can certainly see things that way. The dems don't give a damn about this country or decency. They care about destroying Trump because he took HER turn  and identity politics and that is it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, F3SS said:

He never said that. 

No, but his supporters have.  On this very forum even.  It makes it real easy to say, "No."  Just saying. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

No, but his supporters have.  On this very forum even.  It makes it real easy to say, "No."  Just saying. 

I've been saying that long before Trump came to the scene. As I said one post later, that's the image the Dems have. Maybe they should change their image. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

What were you expecting?

Your view?  Whether you're for or against, I've always respected your viewpoint and opinion. You're an intelligent poster and I respect and appreciate that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You do realize that the entire reason Trump is the president is because the dems have been wagging their fingers at middle america and telling them no for a decade. You guys are on the wrong side of history and that's not a new statement either.

Edited by F3SS
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

I've been saying that long before Trump came to the scene. As I said one post later, that's the image the Dems have. Maybe they should change their image. 

Generally, the way things work is that the guy who wants something (like a wall or say a project from a customer) from someone they dislike (like Democrats or an annoying customer) acts in a nice and professional manner lest the one they dislike (Democrats or the annoying customer) tells them to take a flying leap for no other reason than malice.  I work with engineers I dislike, I don't force them to change their image even when I have a leg up.  Because the relationship is continuous and give and take. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Throughout the entirety of their existence the Democratic party has never once been about give and take. They only know take and receive. In modern times they've created a false image of giving but the reality of that is it takes away the incentive to propser and they receive votes for it. 

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

And...the regurge proposal is rejected

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/11919/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Good. Trump owns this shutdown and every knows it. No caving to the tantrum in chief.

Trump's deal in a nutshell: I'll temporarily return what I took from you if you give me 5.6 billion.

Golly, how can she say no?

I think his attempt to sway public opinion here failed miserably. His cult followers will continue following him off the cliff, while the rest of us will still recognize him as the cause of this shutdown. There's no good option for him at this point.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Throughout the entirety of their existence the Democratic party has never once been about give and take. They only know take and receive. In modern times they've created a false image of giving but the reality of that is it takes away the incentive to propser and they receive votes for it. 

Wrong. The Democratic party gets voted in every other cycle to repair the damage the Gop has done in the previous cycle. Look what Obama was left with when he assumed office, and the economy when he left office. This was done in spite of the heel dragging Republicans did for his whole presidency. I'd call that give and take. Stop trying to live the republican dream, because it's  a nightmare for everyone else.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Stop trying to live the republican dream, because it's  a nightmare for everyone else.

It's a nightmare for most of them too, they're just too brainwashed to realize it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

It doesn't address the main entry method of terrorists: Canadian border

Say what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Wrong. The Democratic party gets voted in every other cycle to repair the damage the Gop has done in the previous cycle. Look what Obama was left with when he assumed office, and the economy when he left office. This was done in spite of the heel dragging Republicans did for his whole presidency. I'd call that give and take. Stop trying to live the republican dream, because it's  a nightmare for everyone else.

No dude. Their entire existence has been to keep people down. I can still see the auras of hoods and robes around them. Do you really believe for a second that all of the illegals the dems are fighting so hard to become best friends with right now are going to be shown by the dems how to prosper? No. They'll be shown how to vote while being given things. That's their M.O.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, F3SS said:

He never said that. 

I believe that was meant metaphorically.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Say what?

I'm hoping he's being facetious. Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm hoping he's being facetious. Lol

Good. It's a way longer border and I'm not paying for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, F3SS said:

No dude. Their entire existence has been to keep people down. I can still see the auras of hoods and robes around them. Do you really believe for a second that all of the illegals the dems are fighting so hard to become best friends with right now are going to be shown by the dems how to prosper? No. They'll be shown how to vote while being given things. That's their M.O.

Canada says your wrong and proved it. Your own countries stats. say otherwise and have been shown here repeatedly. Stop repeating debunked points. All you're  quoting is your feelings and that's not verifiable. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I believe that was meant metaphorically.

I know how it was meant and it's not helpful. 

38 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Canada says your wrong and proved it. Your own countries stats. say otherwise and have been shown here repeatedly. Stop repeating debunked points. All you're  quoting is your feelings and that's not verifiable. 

Canada has proven the history of the United States Democratic Party wrong and unverifiable? I think you meant to address gromdor.

Edited by F3SS
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

ust because there is a problem at points of entry doesn't mean we don't also need to stop Human and Drug smuggling across the rest of the Border. 

If 80% of our problem is at points of entry, then a logical businessman would start where the problem is biggest, most concentrated, and offers the biggest and quickest return.   Sure then as people start looking for ways around the check points, you extend the walls, not before.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Say what?

Yeah, hate to break the bad news: https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-reports-show-terror-suspects-coming-from-canada-while-trump-stares-at-mexico

(Granted these "terrorists" are just people on the watchlist and the majority of them are Americans.  But if are going to hype them up, we might as well look in the right direction.)

Edit to add: Looks like 41 on the Southern border and 91 on the Northern: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/only-six-immigrants-terrorism-database-stopped-cbp-southern-border-first-n955861

Edited by Gromdor
Edit to add another link
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

When are the democrats going to give to our country the stop of drugs,  sex trafficking and terrostism,the killings of our kids   :(

When they can convince the Republicans to do something sensible about check points, Coast Guard Interception of drug shipments and immigration reform.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Good. Trump owns this shutdown and every knows it. No caving to the tantrum in chief.

Trump's deal in a nutshell: I'll temporarily return what I took from you if you give me 5.6 billion.

Golly, how can she say no?

Now it is not just about the wall, it is about hostage tactics.  Trump can't keep the shutdown going and expect to make any deal.  If the Democrats cave, then it means  Donald's future goto solution would be to shut down the government. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

That's bs man. The country doesn't belong to just them. This is something WE really want and it's our country too. Concessions are always made to appease the dems because they whine, cry and bully like little biches

That's bs man. The country doesn't belong to just you. This is something WE  don't really want and it's our country too. Concessions are always made to appease the conservs because they whine, cry and bully like little biches.

Looks the same from our side.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

Their number one concern, first mention belongs to... Drum roll please... DREAMERS. Not Americans.

President Trump you mean?  He is willing to kick the can down the road another three years, the Dems said not interested, so I guess they care more about Americans and REAL border protection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2