Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to make major announcement re shutdown

susieice

I suspect he is doing this on saturday so as to minimise the damage from blowback in the media.

which means, libs will be fuming  LOL.  Think -  declaring a national state of emergency, which of course, circumvents the dems

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That could be!

Personally, I think Pres. Trump should start acting like a "Bad***" like the Media is saying about Pelosi and her actions!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Personally, I think Pres. Trump should start acting like a "Bad***" like the Media is saying about Pelosi and her actions!

I won't be surprised if she overshoots the runway altogether. They're a mess!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I suspect he is doing this on saturday so as to minimise the damage from blowback in the media.

which means, libs will be fuming  LOL.  Think -  declaring a national state of emergency, which of course, circumvents the dems

I sure hope he does.  I certainly don't want to miss a second paycheck.  But even his supporters on Fox know that it would get challenged in court and most likely lose.  It's his only way out.

Like Marco Rubio said...this week's national emergency can be the border, and next week's (meaning next President) could be climate change.  Go for it Trump!

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 2

He can declare a national emergency without ending the shutdown.  If he chooses to take the route of retreating while knowing that some jerk at the ninth circus will stop his order for months then it's the same as just folding as far as his constituency is concerned.  It will be political suicide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is the big deal with illegal immigration and a wall? I mean seriously out of every 29.6 people in this country only 1 is illegal.

5 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

What is the big deal with illegal immigration and a wall? I mean seriously out of every 29.6 people in this country only 1 is illegal.

Interesting perspective, So. Ala.  you're entitled to your opinion

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

it would sure end the shut down

Dems and Repubs would still have to get together and craft a bill the President will sign to reopen the government.  With the wall out of the way, it might happen.  Everybody wins, including Nancy,  its great for her reputation, she stood up to the President and made him take another road.  Libs will be delighted.

I just hope we can get that $5 billion or more  transferred  to Homeland Security and ICE to modernize the checkpoints where most of the drugs and contraband enter.  They can only inspect about 8% of traffic now they say. If they can do that, then we win, the citizens that is. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

The only big deal is that most of them didn't walk or drive across the border.  Know what the fastest growing group of undocumented immigrants is?  Asians that overstay their visas.  They don't swim across.  Beefed up security is needed at checkpoints and airports for one thing.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Like Marco Rubio said...this week's national emergency can be the border, and next week's (meaning next President) could be climate change.  Go for it Trump!

Interesting point AO.  After another season of devastating hurricanes, and a future president could reach a little further and do that.   Especially now that the Pentagon report is out predicting a lot of damage from flood and drought to military complexes.  It could roll in national security as well.  A real Pandora's box there.

28 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Interesting point AO.  After another season of devastating hurricanes, and a future president could reach a little further and do that.   Especially now that the Pentagon report is out predicting a lot of damage from flood and drought to military complexes.  It could roll in national security as well.  A real Pandora's box there.

Yup..almost anything an be made to be a "national emergency."  You have to tread carefully when setting a precedent. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I can assure you that his opinion is grossly under-represented in South Alabama.  I know, because that's been my home for over 50 years.  There are some folks who agree with him and that's fine.  But don't imagine it's a majority by any stretch of the imagination.  We're a poor state but the stereotypes of ignorant rednecks is way overdone.  The next label they like to attach is that we're mostly racist and I've never seen anyone trying to intimidate or harm Hispanics in the community and a lot of them don't speak English so I'm pretty sure they didn't come the legal way.  We've had a large Hispanic community in south Alabama for years because of the migrant agricultural workers that came and stayed and became valuable members of the community.  Average folks around here recognize the idiocy of having open borders and at the same time promising to feed, clothe, shelter, educate and take care of medical needs for people who have no other goal accept to obtain all those goodies.  IT'S UNSUSTAINABLE.  Only idiots don't understand that and those who do recognize it and demand it anyway are nothing less than traitors.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, susieice said:

No matter how many times he farts in our face, we aren't gonna say it tastes good.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Yup..almost anything an be made to be a "national emergency."  You have to tread carefully when setting a precedent. 

I agree totally.  Giving any branch more power without sufficient accountability is a recipe for disaster.  The Liberals in Congress are doing their best to gut Trump and don't seem to care how much damage they might do to the OFFICE for future presidents.  Their use of "sanctuary cities" is nothing short of nullification and when the next Progressive controls most of the power in the country and begins to try to impose social engineering or undermining Constitutional rights like 2A, they're going to discover that sanctuaries work both ways.  All civility is gone and the gloves are officially off.  If there's any doubt of that one need only listen to Occasional Cortex statement about "running train" on political appointments.  What a filthy, disgusting reference for a U.S. Representative to use.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

No matter how many times he farts in our face, we aren't gonna say it tastes good.

I understand your point completely.  I dealt with 8 years of that odor from Obama and his sycophants.  Ultimately, this country survives when BOTH sides are willing to compromise.  The fact that the Left own the media and control the message has caused them to believe they can "run train" on the rest of us.  That's nothing short of delusional.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I understand your point completely.  I dealt with 8 years of that odor from Obama and his sycophants.  Ultimately, this country survives when BOTH sides are willing to compromise.  The fact that the Left own the media and control the message has caused them to believe they can "run train" on the rest of us.  That's nothing short of delusional.  

What's nothing short of delusional is in thinking that 'the left controls the media'. :huh: But go on thinking what you want regardless of facts, as always...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I'm never going to say those people are sane. Any of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

What's nothing short of delusional is in thinking that 'the left controls the media'. :huh: But go on thinking what you want regardless of facts, as always...

Young man, when over 90% of the media platforms in this country all spend most of their time attempting to turn public opinion against Trump and even tend to use the exact same stories and verbiage to do so, your contention seems silly.  But as you said, carry on.  The aspect of all this Trump hatred that you seem willing to overlook is that those who do not agree with the agenda of the Left have had their eyes opened since 2016 in a way that will cause them to never be blind to the propaganda machine again.  Never.  Those who believe that America post-Trump will go back to civility and respect for the Office are kidding themselves.  It goes downhill from here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I was being factually sarcastic, sorry if no one saw that. Yes, illegal immigration it is a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'm never going to say those people are sane. Any of them.

100% completely agree!!!

Clinton was a serial womanizer and possibly worse,Bush jr was a certified idiot,Barry thought he was a rockstar,and now Trump...

It's like we emptied out the nuthouses and the inmates are voted in to run the asylum!

Seriously...look at the mannerisms many of our "leaders" display during public speaking events...Pelosi alone acts bizzare ALL THE TIME,i bet any mental health expert worth their salt and telling the honest truth could quickly diagnose 5 or more symptoms of psychiatriac conditions within her alone during a 5 minute speech!...who knows about the other nuts who shuffle along in the background :wacko:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, and then said:

Young man, when over 90% of the media platforms in this country all spend most of their time attempting to turn public opinion against Trump and even tend to use the exact same stories and verbiage to do so, your contention seems silly.  But as you said, carry on.  The aspect of all this Trump hatred that you seem willing to overlook is that those who do not agree with the agenda of the Left have had their eyes opened since 2016 in a way that will cause them to never be blind to the propaganda machine again.  Never.  Those who believe that America post-Trump will go back to civility and respect for the Office are kidding themselves.  It goes downhill from here.

Old man, when you actually read the Progressive Platform and then compare that to what mainstream corporate media coverage is, your contention seems silly at best.

These are multi-billion dollar corporations who have a vested interest in keeping the status quo. Their opposition to Trump is that he says mean things on Twitter and 'breaks proper decorum'. Progressive media attacks Trump on his abhorrent policy positions.

If you want to see the difference between an actual left-wing media company vs. the MSM, check out this clip of the founder and president of TYT explaining that very difference to their faces:

Honestly old man, if you genuinely think that the MSM is somehow left-wing, then real Progressive media would totally pop your little mind cherry.

Edited by Aquila King
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Trump to make major announcement re shutdown