Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mortal Combat? Would you participate?

PeacemongerWarlord

20 hours ago, PeacemongerWarlord said:

Grit & emotional trauma.

Well...maybe tone it down a coupla notches from a "Mortal Combat" tourny,and join a gym for starters lol

Grit,emotional trauma,rage,ect. can all be used as building blocks to get into competitive combat,but it's just a begining...

You won't be finding many mortal combat tournaments lol,but a good gym could lead you to prizefighting...

You're a bit advanced in years to really start looking to make a long career at it,unless you are just a human marvel capable of storing immense information,muscle memory,and experience into a compressed time...i wouldn't count on it ;)

That said,it could help you focus your general dream of combat into a reality...

Be careful with that fighting in the street in front of your apartment,that how a lotta people get shot,stabbed,ect...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

You're a bit advanced in years to really start looking to make a long career at it,unless you are just a human marvel capable of storing immense information,muscle memory,and experience into a compressed time...i wouldn't count on it ;)

I think he's lying about his age. I think he's in the 17-20 range. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

I kinda got that "feeling" aswell :lol: :tu:

• Thanks 2

It's not for everyone. Thankfully, I beat Sub-Zero black and blue with his own spinal cord. Flawless victory.

Screenshot_2019-01-21-12-35-28-1-1.png

• Like 2

On 19/1/2019 at 3:47 AM, Piney said:

I spent 3 years in a Gang Max. I survived "Gladiator School". I swam the Dark Ocean before that. 

I have serious doubts you would though. 

I love underground references nobody understands.

Edited: I see in a follow-up post you explain the reference.

Nobody like fighting, there are great stories about soldiers refusing to bayonet each other. Nobody wants to stab someone else, but nobody wants to get stabbed either. 

Edited by danydandan
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2019 at 7:27 PM, Piney said:

On 1/20/2019 at 7:33 PM, CrimsonKing said:

I kinda got that "feeling" aswell :lol: :tu:

Dang y'all figured me out. Can't pull one over on you guys, can I?

I guess I might as well come clean. I'm only 20 & the one and only Kung Fu Karate Kid Jaden Smith.

• Haha 2

On 19/01/2019 at 3:16 AM, PeacemongerWarlord said:

consenting martial artists & stone cold killers having it out

Stone cold killers should not be out. They should be in prison.

There is no point  in trying to glamorise them. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, PeacemongerWarlord said:

Dang y'all figured me out. Can't pull one over on you guys, can I?

I guess I might as well come clean. I'm only 20 & the one and only Kung Fu Karate Kid Jaden Smith.

So you are a movie character? 

I am 25, my name is Vivien Leigh and I am about to star in a film called Gone with the wind. 

Will let you know if it wins any awards.

• Haha 2

Superfluous thread.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I am 25, my name is Vivien Leigh and I am about to star in a film called Gone with the wind. 

In that case, you have some travails ahead of you, she wasn't what you'd call a happy soul.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PeacemongerWarlord said:

And likewise to your tawdry reply.

The only thing thats tawdry here is this thread and I would vote for to shut it down because its disgusting at a very high degree. I`m sure you are a teenager, living in a weird SPS4/Xbox combat world. Maybe because of your age you didnt recognized yet that there is still too much violence&death in this world and there is no reason to put any kind of glory on it.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, toast said:

The only thing thats tawdry here is this thread and I would vote for to shut it down because its disgusting at a very high degree. I`m sure you are a teenager, living in a weird SPS4/Xbox combat world. Maybe because of your age you didnt recognized yet that there is still too much violence&death in this world and there is no reason to put any kind of glory on it.

People just take my actual point out of context & put my rhetorical "comments" into context, ignoring the clear question at hand & just start pestering, derailing the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

In that case, you have some travails ahead of you, she wasn't what you'd call a happy soul.

Such a shame and to think she was married to Laurence Olivier.

Her looks and her marriage to him would have been right up my street....with out the turmoil in her life.

37 minutes ago, PeacemongerWarlord said:

People just take my actual point out of context & put my rhetorical "comments" into context, ignoring the clear question at hand & just start pestering, derailing the whole thing.

There is no good "thing" about trying to glamorise "stone cold killers".

How do you actually see them? as some sort of heros? 

14 hours ago, freetoroam said:

There is no good "thing" about trying to glamorise "stone cold killers".

How do you actually see them? as some sort of heros? 

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yep and the rest.  The films and games might not be so bad if it were not for the likes of some who want to bring it into reality.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Yep and the rest.  The films and games might not be so bad if it were not for the likes of some who want to bring it into reality.

Cinema based on comic book interpretations of early twentieth century pulp fiction. Bread and Circuses for "The boy who's half a man and the man who's half a boy." In the real world, heroes are often left unsung because they die so easily and unromantically. Want to engage in real "Mortal Kombat"? Join the military and fight a war. If it doesn't kill you it will, at least, kill your appetite for it.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

If it doesn't kill you it will, at least, kill your appetite for it.

Maybe, maybe not. Plenty of Germans who fought in the Second World War, went on to fight in the French Foreign Legion, in places like Vietnam and Algeria. You'd have thought WW2 would be enough.

Just now, Habitat said:

Maybe, maybe not. Plenty of Germans who fought in the Second World War, went on to fight in the French Foreign Legion, in places like Vietnam and Algeria. You'd have thought WW2 would be enough.

A handful of exceptions is standard for any general rule. 99.9 percent didn't, not when they didn't have to. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 10:16 PM, PeacemongerWarlord said:

I just love the thought of a bunch of consenting martial artists & stone cold killers having it out in a no holds barred, chaotic, free-for-all, battle royal to the death.

Why is a death match such a romantic notion to so many? Nothing makes me happier than limping away from a fight all bloodied & beaten to hell & I can't really explain why. I'm not a mean guy I just love fighting, it's like spiritual & stuff.

I suppose most people have more important things to do than to get beaten senseless but if you had nothing better to do would you ferry off to death island to duke it out with like minded individuals?

If so, why do you think that is?

Have you seen all the felony fights? They are tight.. each gets interviewed for what they did and done... most are c*** diesel from their time they did.... the biggest memory was this big ass Mexican fighting this neo nazi ... he dropped him and just started jumping like 8ft in the air and dropping his knee on his face and throat. I thought he killed him... but they are on YouTube and many other sites.

On 19/01/2019 at 1:16 PM, PeacemongerWarlord said:

I just love the thought of a bunch of consenting martial artists & stone cold killers having it out in a no holds barred, chaotic, free-for-all, battle royal to the death.

Why is a death match such a romantic notion to so many? Nothing makes me happier than limping away from a fight all bloodied & beaten to hell & I can't really explain why. I'm not a mean guy I just love fighting, it's like spiritual & stuff.

I suppose most people have more important things to do than to get beaten senseless but if you had nothing better to do would you ferry off to death island to duke it out with like minded individuals?

If so, why do you think that is?

Reminds me of the Blood Sport movies.  Have you seen them?

If you want to get bashed im sure you can easily arrange that so whats the point of this exactly? Are you trying to reach out to someone else who may have the same fetish?