Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dancing and moving stars [merged]

jimmyjet711

On 12/17/2009 at 1:01 PM, perplexedstargazer said:

Three nights ago I remembered a strange experience I had around this time last year (2008). Can't remember the exact day anymore, and I didn't write it down. It was around midnight or a little later, but I saw two stars fairly close together through my bathroom window that looks off to the north - northwest side of our house. Not in union, but these two stars were dancing high in the night sky. By dancing I mean, standing still, jumping a little west, jumping a little up, jumping a little east, and jumping quickly a little downward. Sometimes as it was stationary, it seemed to black out and disappear. The dance was 'not' in any kind of pattern. It was actually random. The light from these stars 'seemed' to be flickering or flashing. I thought I could see blue, white, green, red & yellow. Not at the same time either. It was such a strange experience for me that I decided to go outside on my back porch and get a better view. I did, but I could not find the stars again. I just shrugged it off as my eyes playing tricks on me.

Three nights ago, 14 Dec 2009, around 8:30 p.m., I remembered this experience and went out on my back porch to look at the night sky. I look off toward the same direction (north) and just rested my eyes there. After a few seconds movement caught my eye, and low and behold, there was one star up in the sky doing the same weird dance as the year before. Not two this time, just one. Just guessing now, it was probably positioned just right to be over Phoenix, AZ. I live in Cochise, AZ.

Anyway, I really got excited. I thought to myself that hey, I'm not crazy. Just to make sure, I called my husband out on the porch and asked him to look off into the north to northwest area of the sky and let his eyes rest there until something caught his attention. He did, and he told me he was seeing a crazy moving star. I got so tickled and kept repeating that I wasn't crazy. I now have a witness.

The next night, 15 Dec 2009, I was in the kitchen late doing some of my Christmas baking. I did not get outside until about 9:47 p.m. The same dancing star was there, but it was more north this time. In about 15 minutes or so I could only pick up flashes of it for it was behind our tall Elderica pine windbreak. My husband came out and saw it for a few minutes, and said he thought he spotted another one further to the north and higher than the other one.

16 Dec 2009, last night I worked late on Christmas preparations and did not get to go out and look, I'm sorry to say. I was exhausted and around 1:24 a.m., I fell into bed. Tonight I want to try to remember to look for the strange dancing star again.

I've searched the internet looking for reports of others seeing this same thing, but nothing has matched up with what I and my husband saw to my disappointment. That is why I'm here typing this up for others to see, and I hope I'm doing the right thing. I'm really not sure what exactly we were watching. It looked just like any other star to me, other than the strange dance movements. I'm hoping that others will see & read this, and go outside tonight and look for this thing themselves. If you do, and if you also witness this, please leave me a reply about it. Otherwise, I feel like I've done enough with reporting this, and I probably won't be back otherwise. Folks, I live in a small settlement where everyone knows everyone else, and I (nor my family) do not need any trouble or ridicule about my sightings. It's just hard to imagine that we are the only ones that have seen this with so many, many folks out there watching the night sky as a hobby these days.

Thanks for reading this, and I hope it made sense to you.

Merry Christmas And May God Bless Each And Everyone.

I have seen stars moving in the night time sky. it was very vivid and clear. I want to share this with others.

When I stare at the brightest star in the night time sky for about a minute or two...the star literally dances/moves vividly in the sky. I know why this happens and I will reveal the greatest secret in human history. I'm going to build a following. This is the most exciting time to be alive ever. finally the answer will be revealed.  

the movement was very vivid and clear ...NOT optical illusion.  I got something and soon the greatest mystery will be revealed.  share this please.

10 minutes ago, acute said:

A following for what?

awaken the human spirit and evolve our relationship with our divine creator.  The greatest secret of humanity is about to be revealed.... yes it sure is.     

29 minutes ago, acute said:

A following for what?

45 minutes ago, jimmyjet711 said:

the movement was very vivid and clear ...NOT optical illusion.  I got something and soon the greatest mystery will be revealed.  share this please.

some people don't get it...thats ok

Edited by jimmyjet711

2 minutes ago, jimmyjet711 said:

wow   funny  lets see who has the last laugh   lol

I promise it won't be you

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jimmyjet711 said:

When I stare at the stars in the night time sky...I know what and why it does this.  I want to build a following

First question

Were, or are you, on any drugs?

• Like 1

Stars always move if you stare long enough.Correction,appear to.

Edited by openozy

jimmyjet; There is a natural, scientific explanation for seeing stars that appear to move. I have experienced this effect myself, and know that it can look very impressive. If you wish to read the explanation, you may consult the link, below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autokinetic_effect

Edited by bison
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, bison said:

jimmyjet; There is a natural, scientific explanation for seeing stars that appear to move. I have experienced this effect myself, and know that it can look very impressive. If you wish to read the explanation, you may consult the link, below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autokinetic_effect

Thank you for reply. This is a effect is one of all possibilities.  However the vivid movement I saw went way beyond what a autokinetic effect explains.  I sincerely believe God, the creator of the universe resides in some way in the stars and I'm going to share this with the world. oh well on thing for sure...either its true or not true.  I believe God the creator is calling humanity to look to the stars for a reason...he and his spirit dwells there.  its the next step in our human advancement.  Copernicus, Kepler, Galileo, Newton, and Leibniz  all was thought to be insane when they first presented their theory of our solar system.  here goes....wish me well.

MAJOR EVENT

This is the first wacky thing I have ever heard that even I can't swallow!

And I even thought I believed everything I heard.

:o:o

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

jimmy jet; Very well, then. If this is a matter of religious belief with you, I will respect that, and not try to convince you otherwise. 

Edited by bison

2 minutes ago, bison said:

jimmy jet; Very well, then. If this is a matter of religious belief with you, I will respect that, and not try to convince you otherwise. 

Thank you bison.  I appreciate your thoughts.  all the best to you.  j

i think Troy Aikman was on once dancing with Sandra Bullock but i could be mistaken...I could really never get into any of that.

...right...nevermind

i thought this was a thread about dancing with movie stars....pffft....okay back on topic

Sometimes when I lay in bed at night...I look up and I swear it looks like that little light on the smoke detector is moving around...just like it was dancing to the beat of the ceiling fan.  I can only imagine that with stars...wait...i remember now, once I was camping out and, well...you know, it's never a good idea to drink whiskey straight out of the bottle, especially when setting down...so, when I got up...bam, hit the ground like a half opened parachute....but it was a beautiful night and all the stars were dancing...and I learned alot about life that night as well.  So...yeah...dancing stars are hip!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joc said:

i think Troy Aikman was on once dancing with Sandra Bullock but i could be mistaken...I could really never get into any of that.

...right...nevermind

i thought this was a thread about dancing with movie stars....pffft....okay back on topic

Sometimes when I lay in bed at night...I look up and I swear it looks like that little light on the smoke detector is moving around...just like it was dancing to the beat of the ceiling fan.  I can only imagine that with stars...wait...i remember now, once I was camping out and, well...you know, it's never a good idea to drink whiskey straight out of the bottle, especially when setting down...so, when I got up...bam, hit the ground like a half opened parachute....but it was a beautiful night and all the stars were dancing...and I learned alot about life that night as well.  So...yeah...dancing stars are hip!

all the best to you joc.

On 19/01/2019 at 10:41 PM, jimmyjet711 said:

When I stare at the stars in the night time sky...I know what and why it does this.  I want to build a following

Like a religious following?

You are years behind, seeing 'dancing' stars is not new or unusual. 

Have you got anything more into the 21st century? 

On 20/01/2019 at 1:24 AM, jimmyjet711 said:

awaken the human spirit and evolve our relationship with our divine creator.  The greatest secret of humanity is about to be revealed.... yes it sure is.     

Ok, well get on with it then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you can take a fantasy freak to logic... but you can't make em think

all the best to you.  they say the high road is a lonely travel...why you ask?  cuz no one's on it.  be blessed  J

• The title was changed to Dancing and moving stars [merged]
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked