Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dancing and moving stars [merged]

jimmyjet711

1 minute ago, jimmyjet711 said:

thats pretty good...I just announced this only minutes ago...for goodness sake...give me a day or two  lol

I am sorry, i will give you a couple of days to make something up.

11 minutes ago, jimmyjet711 said:

God is with us and he will show himself to those who believe.

Well aint you the lucky ones. :rolleyes:

Maybe he is your dancing star, doing a paso doble.

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I am sorry, i will give you a couple of days to make something up.

Well aint you the lucky ones. :rolleyes:

Maybe he is your dancing star, doing a paso doble.

hey free...thats pretty good  and a good point  in a paso doable...it takes two to tango.  it's not one sided.  thank you for reply.  all the best to you  J

• The topic was locked
22 hours ago, jimmyjet711 said:

I have seen stars moving in the night time sky. it was very vivid and clear. I want to share this with others.

Then... do so.

Here, on the forum, not by private emails.

Preferably after reading the explanations given and telling us why you think your sighting was 'real', and also how you ruled out the possibilities referred to earlier.  Just bear in mind that we have given some very simple techniques to record such dancing stars.... and yet no-one has come back to show us such a recording....

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Then... do so.

Here, on the forum, not by private emails.

Preferably after reading the explanations given and telling us why you think your sighting was 'real', and also how you ruled out the possibilities referred to earlier.  Just bear in mind that we have given some very simple techniques to record such dancing stars.... and yet no-one has come back to show us such a recording....

thank you for your reply.  

Yep...I read the thread. I don't have a camera to record it, but I see it every night unless it's cloudy. It's probably been about 6 or 7 years I've been watching it.  I know what I see, so if you don't believe,  you don't believe.  No worries! 

BTW, here's a picture I took of my night sky.
nightsky.jpg.daf8eab82ed74cee9ee6508282777228.jpg
See all the star trails?  All those short curves, circling about the South Celestial Pole?

No dancing ones, though... dang.  This sort of picture is taken by amateur astronomers around the globe - there's almost certainly one or several of these astroheads near you, dear reader - these folks take these sort of shots frequently or may use a continuously recording all-sky cam to catch meteors, satellites and the like.

There are thousands, nay hundreds of thousands of these videos / pictures being taken, around the globe, at all hours.  Yet not one has shown a shaky wiggly trail, which is what a 'dancing star' if it existed, would HAVE to create.  Not one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

See all the star trails?  All those short curves, circling about the South Celestial Pole?

No dancing ones, though... dang.  This sort of picture is taken by amateur astronomers around the globe - there's almost certainly one or several of these astroheads near you, dear reader - these folks take these sort of shots frequently or may use a continuously recording all-sky cam to catch meteors, satellites and the like.

There are thousands, nay hundreds of thousands of these videos / pictures being taken, around the globe, at all hours.  Yet not one has shown a shaky wiggly trail, which is what a 'dancing star' if it existed, would HAVE to create.  Not one.

There's still an auwful lot of sky there that hasn't been covered, and some light pollution.

• The topic was unlocked

Thread cleaned and re-opened

Re-opening this for now, however we must ask that the discussion remain civil, objective and constructive.

Thank you.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:41 PM, jimmyjet711 said:

When I stare at the stars in the night time sky...I know what and why it does this.  I want to build a following

I sincerely want to know why or what caused this.  and for the slight of an eye trick...no way, no way...NO Way.  The movement was very vivid, clear and obvious. take it to the bank...not an eye trick.  so what my friends caused this...?   got to be one of two things...help us understand please.  Thank you. JJ

• The title was changed to Dancing and moving stars [merged]
4 hours ago, jimmyjet711 said:

I sincerely want to know why or what caused this.  and for the slight of an eye trick...no way, no way...NO Way.

Why not, exactly?  Here's a link or three:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autokinetic_effect

http://drslotnickblog.com/2017/12/saccades/

https://www.futurity.org/vision-eyes-movements-1095282/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsaccade

It's not a 'slight of an eye trick' - it's what eyes do, especially at night and especially when there are no reference points or background/foreground scenery in the central field of view.  You may find it worthwhile to do an experiment to show you the effect - go into a very darkened room, in which there is a small red or blue (eg LED) light, like a TV's standby light.  Stare at it for a while and watch what 'happens'..

Also, atmospherics (sorta like heat haze) can cause 'undulations' and some movement, although this isn't all that common at night and is rather obvious..

4 hours ago, jimmyjet711 said:

The movement was very vivid, clear and obvious. take it to the bank...not an eye trick.  so what my friends caused this...?   got to be one of two things...help us understand please.  Thank you. JJ

So, was it movement or was it just 'scintillation', ie rapid fluctuations in color or brightness?

If it is real movement, it will be easy to capture.  Maybe a cheap camera phone would not be the best way to record it, but most decent phone cameras will do it.  I explained how to do this earlier, but if anyone wants that advice repeated, let me know.

Finally, you may find this thread at another forum 'illuminating':

https://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthread.php?500-Moving-Stars-and-Mass-Hysteria&s=00250b016ff5737c125d3a763c544c32

12 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Why not, exactly?  Here's a link or three:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autokinetic_effect

http://drslotnickblog.com/2017/12/saccades/

https://www.futurity.org/vision-eyes-movements-1095282/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsaccade

It's not a 'slight of an eye trick' - it's what eyes do, especially at night and especially when there are no reference points or background/foreground scenery in the central field of view.  You may find it worthwhile to do an experiment to show you the effect - go into a very darkened room, in which there is a small red or blue (eg LED) light, like a TV's standby light.  Stare at it for a while and watch what 'happens'..

Also, atmospherics (sorta like heat haze) can cause 'undulations' and some movement, although this isn't all that common at night and is rather obvious..

So, was it movement or was it just 'scintillation', ie rapid fluctuations in color or brightness?

If it is real movement, it will be easy to capture.  Maybe a cheap camera phone would not be the best way to record it, but most decent phone cameras will do it.  I explained how to do this earlier, but if anyone wants that advice repeated, let me know.

Finally, you may find this thread at another forum 'illuminating':

https://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthread.php?500-Moving-Stars-and-Mass-Hysteria&s=00250b016ff5737c125d3a763c544c32

amazing...people will just not accept the fact and try to explain it away...   May I ask?  what if its true as to what I saw?  I have no doubts as to what I saw and it very, very clear & vivid and way beyond a eye trick. thanks for your reply.   

It was the brightest star in the sky that night.  99.9% sure it was a planet of our earthly solar system...it was very, very bright, not twinkling ...no change of color and moving in random movements. I know what made it move.  the mystery is solved....anybody want to guess what I know?  serious as a heart attack...    human spirit & high knowledge & wisdom of the Stars is about to be awakened.  If you can't be civil person of " taking the high road high in your reply...its ok. I understand... you know what they say ....the high road is a lonely travel  (why you ask?) because very few are on it.  my next goal, duplicate and record it.  Have a blessed day and thank you for stopping by. 

As a very experienced observer of the night sky (for too many decades) even I was caught out one morning a few weeks back.  Was 100% totally convinced a bright light was moving across the dawn sky, fairly high up (not quite at the zenith).   Watched it for a couple of minutes, then went indoors, then returned to see it in exactly the same spot it had been all along.  It was Arcturus.  But in the lightening sky, with no other nearby reference point, and fairly high up from the horizon, I had fooled myself.  

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, jimmyjet711 said:

99.9% sure it was a planet of our earthly solar system...

Which planet do you think you saw ?

On 22/01/2019 at 11:58 PM, jimmyjet711 said:

amazing...people will just not accept the fact and try to explain it away...   May I ask?  what if its true as to what I saw?  I have no doubts as to what I saw and it very, very clear & vivid and way beyond a eye trick. thanks for your reply.   

Will you be supplying any rebuttals or discussion on the points raised?

If you'd care to give a date/time/rough location and direction you were looking, I (and many others here) can tell you exactly what should have been in your field of view.

Also, given your location, we can refer you to your nearest astronomy clubs.  It is reasonably likely that someone nearby was *recording* the sky at that time and could check their archives.

And for the record, it seems to me everyone who has responded does accept that you saw something, and that it (in your perception) was moving. 

Explanations were given (and ignored...).

• Thanks 2

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, ChrLzs said:

That is an amazing photo.

I spend quite a bit time working on boats off the coast of the Northern Territory of Australia, as well as Western Australia and FNQ.

I see some amazing sights but having only a phone to take a photo is pretty pointless.

I really need to look into a good camera for taking photos of the night sky or photos of  Whales in the distance against the sea.