Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Space billboards could display ads in the sky

UM-Bot

wtf... it make me think of the book ''The Thanatonauts'' where people are creating billboards in the afterlife.

Edited by Jon the frog

That shall definitely be a wonderful sight to see for me: seeing the McDonald's logo flying in the night over the frozen Siberian taiga. And thus there'll be no place on Earth where you can escape from capitalism, TV-shows, lust and hysteria. Sorry, bad examples, but you get the point.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

There's no denying that the sky is a veritable blank canvass of advertising potential

Yes there is. There is a lot of denying. Do we, the consumers and citizens of this planet get any say? 

When the technology exists to beam ads directly in to your consciousness, they will do it. All our life details are being harvested in an effort to better direct advertisements at us so we buy more stuff. Insanity.

• Like 4

This is depressing in the same way it’s depressing to be hiking 3 miles deep into the mountains and still find an empty Doritos bag on the ground. It’s the spoilage of Mother Earth. It’s a firm reminder no one escapes the icy grip of Capitalism

• Like 3

The night sky is one of Nature's most beautiful sights. Unfortunately, if you live in a city you don't get to see the full glory. However, you can travel into rural areas. I think it would be a tragedy if the night sky becomes corrupted by orbiting billboards.

• Like 3

Man, **** those people. This should be outlawed. No one should be allowed to ruin the sky view and pollute our orbit with even more space junk out for no reason other than greed.

Edited by Brok
  • Like 2

I hope that there will be an international ban against this and that countries or companies that violate it will be punished.

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 3

I really hope this business venture fails completely. We are already bombarded with Ads everywhere we look. 

I'm surprised how advertisements even work anymore. I intentionally don't own a TV and have addons that block all ads on websites. I almost never see ads and never impulsively buy because of them. In fact, I treat ads like I treat scams. I guess advertisements only work for the stupid. I filter everything I want to see by myself and now they're focusing us to see their crap in the sky? These people belong in jail. Companies shouldn't force their garbage products down your throat, stop buying from anyone who participates in any of this.