Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GW Bush treats bodyguards to pizza

Eldorado

Former US president George W Bush tried his hand at delivering pizza to treat unpaid Secret Service staff amid the ongoing government shutdown.

The Republican posted a picture of himself on social media bringing a stack of pizzas to his security detail, who have not received a paycheck since the partial government shutdown began last month.

Full report: https://news.sky.com/story/ex-president-george-w-bush-turns-pizza-delivery-man-to-treat-secret-service-amid-us-shutdown-11611473

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pizza don't pay the bills, If they were guarding my ass I would make sure they got paid even if I had to pay them myself. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Pizza don't pay the bills, If they were guarding my ass I would make sure they got paid even if I had to pay them myself. 

He has no control over when they get paid.

Bringing the pizza was just a sign of appreciation lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

He has no control over when they get paid.

Bringing the pizza was just a sign of appreciation lol

As was having the whole act photo'd and posted on the internet.  A sign that he cares.  lol

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

As was having the whole act photo'd and posted on the internet.  A sign that he cares.  lol

I mean he is really old and is not running for office anytime soon lol :lol:

When Obama was doing stuff for kids during Christmas, as I recall on UM, it did not get met with the same cynicism 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I mean he is really old and is not running for office anytime soon lol :lol:

When Obama was doing stuff for kids during Christmas, as I recall on UM, it did not get met with the same cynicism 

Not from me.  Your average politician, worldwide, is as genuine as a $20 Chinese Rolex.

Those hospital patients Obama was using were not personal bodyguards, i.e. someone who will take a bullet for you, and January is a bad month to be "working for nothing" when you're not a millionaire.

Who broadcasts their acts of kindness?  Politicians, celebs and the "look at me!" brigade.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I think they are a bit more professional and dedicated than you make out.

The best of the best at what they do.  I'm sure it p***es them off that they're having to go without their pay for a while but they know politics and politicians better than most Americans.

To me, Bush is a reminder, that no matter how bad things seem, they can get worse!

I considered him the worst president ever, and look what we have now!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

To me, Bush is a reminder, that no matter how bad things seem, they can get worse!

I considered him the worst president ever, and look what we have now!

People are tired of BS.

Obama promised to clean up DC and show Wall Street who was boss, I believe.

:(

Who to Trust?

Edited by Eldorado

12 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

People are tired of BS.

Care to elaborate what BS is in your opinion?

To me it's politicians susceptible to lobbying, or candidates who promise something that will be extremely hard or impossible to keep.

Other than that, politicians are just a reflection of their voters. They can only act within the rules of democracy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Care to elaborate what BS is in your opinion?

To me it's politicians susceptible to lobbying, or candidates who promise something that will be extremely hard or impossible to keep.

Other than that, politicians are just a reflection of their voters. They can only act within the rules of democracy.

BS is saying what you believe people want to hear in order to further your agenda.  Making promises you cannot keep or have no intention of keeping.  Being disingenuous.

I agree with you about politicians being a reflection of the Electorate.  Only a fifth of us trust them, in the UK and US, but we still elect them.

Maybe we get what we deserve.

(We don't have a real Democracy in the UK; unelected Lords can do as they please)

Edited by Eldorado
spelling
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, skliss said:

Maybe they do these things and show them to others in hopes that people will follow their example. 

Yeah we don't have to be cynics all the time, sometimes people do just do good things haha

• Like 2